Have you ever felt like you have met someone which you met in your past life

Guest display

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, puzzled said:

I love darkness! Love dark chocolate, most my clothes are black, I find the night more beautiful than the day, I don't like summer but prefer the darkness of winter, I really like dark LMAO 

I think all these characteristics and traits and preferences are linked to our past lives lol 

no wonder the west doesn't buy into sikhi :/ lol

On 1/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, MichaelJackson said:

Every time I see the man in the mirror, I feel as though I’m looking at someone from a past life. I just don’t recognize him. 

Hahaha

Guest GuestSingh
On 1/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, puzzled said:

I love darkness! Love dark chocolate, most my clothes are black, I find the night more beautiful than the day, I don't like summer but prefer the darkness of winter, I really like dark LMAO 

I think all these characteristics and traits and preferences are linked to our past lives lol 

or a traumatic childhood....and tht might explain why so many of us within younger generations have similar 'taste'...

whats amusing here is that the ppl i.e. parents who inflict this psychological damage actually feel the opposite i.e. having a strong preference for 'light'....

we can tell a lot about someone just by their preferences i.e. darker colours might indicate some difference/rebellion from social norms or anger/difficulty in life...and lighter colours perhaps for happier-minded folk or fashion-conscious, camp thinking kind of person etc...

On 1/25/2019 at 4:23 AM, GuestSingh said:

or a traumatic childhood....and tht might explain why so many of us within younger generations have similar 'taste'...

whats amusing here is that the ppl i.e. parents who inflict this psychological damage actually feel the opposite i.e. having a strong preference for 'light'....

we can tell a lot about someone just by their preferences i.e. darker colours might indicate some difference/rebellion from social norms or anger/difficulty in life...and lighter colours perhaps for happier-minded folk or fashion-conscious, camp thinking kind of person etc...

Yeah your right   a lot of things that we do as adults like our habits and the way we socialize is linked to our experience as kids. But we don't notice our development or why we respond to different things the way we do, we never really sit back and try to decode our behaviour, everything is linked back to those early stages of development. 

My dad had anger issues and used to shout and argue all the time, gave my mother a hard time, that's what I grew up with,  now he has calmed down but as a 26 year old man I still am affected by it. I stay away from him and try to avoid conversations. In his head everything is happy families, but I still haven't moved on. My thoughts sometimes slip back to when I was a kid and start hearing the shouting and doors slamming, I can't get that out of my head.  Deep down though I dont admit it  I have this fear of him. I do everything he tells me to do but it's more out of this fear I have than respect... 

I sometimes wish I can delete those memories and experiences  but I can't   they still fresh in my head as if they just happened yesterday.

This probably sounds really messed up LMAO  but I'm just being honest. The more deeper you dwell the more weirder it gets ... 

I do feel very guilty though because at the end of the day he is my father and waheguru is watching everything   But I can't help the way I think.

Sometimes he never used to open my mums door when she used to come back from work, and she used to be knocking and we used to be crying inside.  I still remember it like it was yesterday 

Guest GuestSingh
11 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yeah your right   a lot of things that we do as adults like our habits and the way we socialize is linked to our experience as kids. But we don't notice our development or why we respond to different things the way we do, we never really sit back and try to decode our behaviour, everything is linked back to those early stages of development. 

My dad had anger issues and used to shout and argue all the time, gave my mother a hard time, that's what I grew up with,  now he has calmed down but as a 26 year old man I still am affected by it. I stay away from him and try to avoid conversations. In his head everything is happy families, but I still haven't moved on. My thoughts sometimes slip back to when I was a kid and start hearing the shouting and doors slamming, I can't get that out of my head.  Deep down though I dont admit it  I have this fear of him. I do everything he tells me to do but it's more out of this fear I have than respect... 

I sometimes wish I can delete those memories and experiences  but I can't   they still fresh in my head as if they just happened yesterday.

This probably sounds really messed up LMAO  but I'm just being honest. The more deeper you dwell the more weirder it gets ... 

I do feel very guilty though because at the end of the day he is my father and waheguru is watching everything   But I can't help the way I think.

Sometimes he never used to open my mums door when she used to come back from work, and she used to be knocking and we used to be crying inside.  I still remember it like it was yesterday 

why do u feel guilty? do u have bad thoughts, violent and intrusive thoughts about ur dad? this is gonna be natural for anyone whos been forced to suppress their emotions from young and having no outlet to vent - my memories constantly replay in my mind too...

but all we can do is just use em to build our character, find and take any positives u can and incorporate them in our sikhi jeevan to take us a little bit further than where we are right now...

do u train? read ur posts about issues with diet/weight...if ur looking to bulk up, there's a good brother whos a qualified pt that can help u with a plan and what u want to achieve - if u or anyone else is interested, drop a pm.

14 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

why do u feel guilty? do u have bad thoughts, violent and intrusive thoughts about ur dad? this is gonna be natural for anyone whos been forced to suppress their emotions from young and having no outlet to vent - my memories constantly replay in my mind too...

but all we can do is just use em to build our character, find and take any positives u can and incorporate them in our sikhi jeevan to take us a little bit further than where we are right now...

do u train? read ur posts about issues with diet/weight...if ur looking to bulk up, there's a good brother whos a qualified pt that can help u with a plan and what u want to achieve - if u or anyone else is interested, drop a pm.

I feel guilty because at the end of the day he is still my father but I don't feel anything towards him, I don't even call him dad! I can't remember the last time I did, I just go up to him and start talking  never say dad. I don't feel violent towards him but wish he would just go away sometimes, I feel very bad for thinking like this.

I don't know what a father and son relationship is supposed to be like, iv never hugged him, I don't even sit with him, never spoke about how I feel or about issues.  

This is gonna sound really messed up but I sometimes catch myself looking at fathers and sons sitting together at the gurdwara and they look really happy. I don't get jealous but it just ends up catching my eye

Its weird because I just turned 26 last month and I'm an adult but it's like as if deep down I never really moved on.

The idea of having kids is scary because I don't want myself and my kids to have a bad relationship.

A few years back when I was in a very dark place I told him how I feel and he turned around and said, we give you food, shelter and clothes so what's the problem? I just said ok and left it at that.

Iv lost count of the number of times that we've had family, friends, neighbours asking us why he has such a short temper and why he gets angry all the time

He hasn't even got any friends left because he fell out with them all. 

That's what we been putting up with all our life basically