One of my muslim friend has gifted me Quran . Should I continue reading from it ?

15 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yeah and the constant reminder of being sent to hell fire and tortured. It's like it's trying to get fear into the reader so they will follow it. Also there is a clear dislike towards the Jews  lol

You can see why Muslims think the way they think 

What about the idea that questioning what you've been told is a most heinous sin too. It's like it tries to stop people thinking. 

Sharda or faith is one thing, but that should come after scrutiny. One mixed race arab-english girl once told me that questioning things is a serious no no in the faith. 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:26 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I don't think he's trying to convert me. But I see it has arabic and also its english translation side by side . 

I don't know what I should be doing with it . No disrespect intended . I am reading into it . Although it has too many primitive stories of Abrahamic prophets . But at the same time I respect all religions . 

In the past I have read vedantic lliterature sometimes, but first time I am gifted an abrahamic text.

Yes, he is trying to convert, you. Wake up! You're no newbie on this board, it's so surprising you would not recognize this.

Not only do they think all religions are false except Islam (Christians think the same way), but they also don't think any other religion should be allowed to exist, in the long run.

There's no point to reading the Quran. It's just a compendium of why you (as a non-Muslim) are going to hell, a call for constant war on kaffirs, some assorted stories borrowed from the Bible, and some lines of acceptable wisdom mixed in.