Guest Sikh demographics

14 hours ago, Guest guest said:

where is the scriptural basis for missionary activity come from?  where is the injunction "go out and convert non-sikhs" in SGGS?  in Dasam Bani?

in janam sakhis, Guru Nanak used to join those communities he used to talk to- i.e. used to dress like muslim in muslim countries and dress like a hindu when he spoke to hindus- e.g. dressing like followers of Shiva when he spoke to them.  he did not do that to 'dupe' them, but because he was one with all of them.  but you want to delete all this because it doesn't suit your view of things.

where did 'x' million sikhs come from?  native population increased.  the sikhs outside panjab are historical devotees, not converts.

why shouldn't Guru Nanak belong to non-sikhs, according to their own tradition?  you are you to dictate?

Dumbo.. where do you think these historical devotees came from? They CONVERTED to Sikhi. Do you think that the Sikhs today are just descendants of Sikhs who were followers during the Gurus' times? 

I'm not dictating to anyone but the stupidity of some Hindus going to the Gurdwara and claiming to be followers of Guru Nanak and then going to a Mandir to bow to idols shows they are hypocrites, not followers of the Guru. Sorry to bust your SJW beliefs but Guru Nanak does not belong to them. If you follow the teachings of the Guru only then you are following Sikhi. 

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It is my responsibility, I agree, and it's something I've understood and undertaken from a young age with diligence. It is a battle each and every day, yet because I have a natural affinity for Sikh teachings; am curious, stubborn, and dedicated, so I persevere. Same can't be said for 95% of the people in our quom who, through no fault of their own in most cases, want someone to do it for them. So, do we write them off because they'll never achieve? Lost causes unable to unearth the inner Godhead because their mindset is diametrically opposite to what it should be, which is exacerbated by a Gurdwara and parchaar system that is arguably the most un-spiritual system one could hope for, which runs along the lines of a production line that aims to cultivate unquestioning sheep? Imagine if the Sikhi of our Gurus had started out in a manner that resembled the Sikhi apparatus of today! What a terrifying thought. The problem is our people crave to be led; to be told what to believe and what to think. That doesn't sound like an attitude that's conducive to salvation, that is unless we've been mislead, and salvation isn't as difficult and rare as we've lead to believe?

it takes 'grownups' - i.e.  people of all ages to be willing to be responsible for their own journey and effort to become sikhs , in the past sikhs were all getup and go in all spheres of their lives , but slipping under the yoke of the backwards mentality of the bigger faiths has meant they have learnt to be infantile ; unable to stand up and look after their own and their religious places . Only a child trusts the authorities

7 hours ago, proactive said:

Dumbo.. where do you think these historical devotees came from? They CONVERTED to Sikhi. Do you think that the Sikhs today are just descendants of Sikhs who were followers during the Gurus' times? 

I'm not dictating to anyone but the stupidity of some Hindus going to the Gurdwara and claiming to be followers of Guru Nanak and then going to a Mandir to bow to idols shows they are hypocrites, not followers of the Guru. Sorry to bust your SJW beliefs but Guru Nanak does not belong to them. If you follow the teachings of the Guru only then you are following Sikhi. 

firstly, how rude!

theres a difference between coming to sikhi (from your own choice) and going out and converting people. you know it was never done like that in history.  stop trying to copy christians and muslims.  

sikhs have had a tough history up until today and people were free to leave since then, many obviously didn't.  likewise many were free to join, and they still do.  it has nothing to do with missionary work.

following teachings of Gurus and following sikhi are not the same thing.  who made you the authority?  so according to you hindus and muslims around Guru Nanak, could not claim him as their own?  as per your reasoning, Bhagat Dhanna (worshiping an idol) is not sikh?  

On 1/23/2019 at 5:37 AM, Guest guest said:

sorry but missionary activity was not a part of sikh teachings.  

sikhism took care of itself for 500 years before your current birth, including through numerous genocide campaigns.  at one point invaders even banned the use of the word 'Guru' in panjab and gave out rewards for people who betrayed sikhs for execution. ( sikhs had to go into hiding).  the building at Harimandir Sahib was demolished/attacked at least 3 times, but rebuilt each time.

you are just insecure.

why don't you get more involved in sikhism spiritually rather than fixating on converting others?  you might lose your insecurity that way.  

i do agree that Sukhmani pothis should be translated into Gujirati, Bihari etc so that those people can access and benefit spiritually from Gurbani.  Guru Nanak was Jagat Guru (world Guru) not just Guru of Sikhs.

Sikhism took care of itself in last 500 years ? 

- they couldn't take care of rise of Deras

- couldn't take care of rise of NaamDhaaris preaching that SGGS is not guru.

- They let Badals grew

- They couldn't take care of dhumma.

Seriously, do you really think sikhism took care of itself in past 300 years or so ? 

2 hours ago, Amit12 said:

- They let Badals grew

Seriously, do you really think sikhism took care of itself in past 300 years or so ? 

Good questions.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:48 AM, Guest Sikh demographics said:

We often hear about how...

posting as a guest now mr sheikyourbooty/mehtabsingh/upgutpsingh/london1699?

On 1/23/2019 at 12:07 AM, Guest guest said:

sorry but missionary activity was not a part of sikh teachings. 

Doing parchar is and was a part of Sikh teachings. Missionary activity such as the semitic faiths do is abrasive - do this or go to hell etc. Gurmat parchar is not like that.

8 hours ago, Amit12 said:

Did the Guru's end the schismatic sects of the Sodhis? From Guru Arjan Dev Ji there were 5 successor Gurus, yet the Sodhis deras are still alive. 

Guru Sahibs couldn't take care of the rise of Dera?

Or any other sect that split in their lifetimes?

Did the sect of Bandai Khalsa not be born even in the time of Baba Deep Singh/Bhai Mani Singh?

Is this sect not alive today with their base in Jammu?

Baba Deep Singh/ Bhai Mani Singh etc couldn't take care of the rise of this dera?

What about the dera of Baba Wadhbhag Singh?

Did Nawab Kapur Singh Ji not help him and his dera?

Lakhs of people go to Dera Baba Wadhbhag Singh every year even today.

8 hours ago, Amit12 said:

Good, otherwise we would have rats like dhunda and darshan rogi spreading their venom in delhi gurdwaras day in day out.

4 hours ago, Amit12 said:

seriously man , i may not agree with everything Missionary colleges says BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS, which no taksali or nirankari or whatever other orgs are asking.

That is because they are questions of little value.

What do you agree with about the vermin missionary colleges?

11 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

posting as a guest now mr sheikyourbooty/mehtabsingh/upgutpsingh/london1699?

Doing parchar is and was a part of Sikh teachings. Missionary activity such as the semitic faiths do is abrasive - do this or go to hell etc. Gurmat parchar is not like that.

Did the Guru's end the schismatic sects of the Sodhis? From Guru Arjan Dev Ji there were 5 successor Gurus, yet the Sodhis deras are still alive. 

Guru Sahibs couldn't take care of the rise of Dera?

Or any other sect that split in their lifetimes?

Did the sect of Bandai Khalsa not be born even in the time of Baba Deep Singh/Bhai Mani Singh?

Is this sect not alive today with their base in Jammu?

Baba Deep Singh/ Bhai Mani Singh etc couldn't take care of the rise of this dera?

What about the dera of Baba Wadhbhag Singh?

Did Nawab Kapur Singh Ji not help him and his dera?

Lakhs of people go to Dera Baba Wadhbhag Singh every year even today.

Good, otherwise we would have rats like dhunda and darshan rogi spreading their venom in delhi gurdwaras day in day out.

What a preposterous and hare-brained question to ask.

Guru Sahibs took care of everything.

Only good for nothings started the deras and good for nothings still go to these deras.