Suggestions from Senior Gursikhs for newly Amritdhari singh

TinnkerBell

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

With Guru Gobind Singh’s Grace Das became Singh today from Sri Anandpur Sahib. Been to sikhi for almost 10 yrs, I completely understand the meaning of maryada and precautions etc but I would be really thankful if you people can suggest some good Do’s and Don’ts from your experience. Like today the Panj Pyare told me to do ardass at the beginning of every work. I do it for major works and missions for example- if I am going to drive for almost 300-400 kms then I do a quick ardass and if I am going for gym just 2 kms down the road- I don’t do ardass. 

1. So could you please share your views how often you people pray ( i know its upto individual but still i want to know about you)

2. I haven’t miss 7 banis path since almost last 5-6 yrs, some people make this a good habit not to eat until nitnem is done- how you people do- plz share ur views.

3. I know again its personal to take a head-shower everyday or just body shower. I want to know how you guys take shiwer everyday- head.shower daily or not? Please share your experiences.

4. Any other suggestions that you people would like to share?

5. When in Punjab, How often you people eat from outside like Kulche.Chholle, golgappe, smose etc which are cooked and prepared by just roadside sellers.( mostly unhygienic).

6. Important:  A true Amritdhari singh is supposed to speak 100 percent truth and not even a small lie.but in everyday chores at home and outside there are cases in everyones life where you have no option other then saying untrue. How you amritdhari friends manage that thing? For example: a cop pulled me over for running 105 in a 70 kmpr zone, I know i was wrong but still to save my licence and demerit points I had to fight the ticket and my lawyer finally help me out by hook or by crook and the verdict was- “ improper use of equipment by policeman”.  I got the clean chit but that honest policeman got his reputation down because of my lawyer. It happened way back in 2015 but I still feel bad for it. How you guys manage these things- do you speak the truth 100 percent or you also manipulate the facts? Aren’t we supposed to speak 100 percent truth regardless of the situation and results?

A similar case happened when I had to lie to get insurance coverage. Additionally, sometimes we get late to work and we make excuses of traffic jams or something. How you guys speak truth there- please share your views on this.

Note: I am looking for views and experiences from those who are already Amritdhari. Thanks ? 

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

1. When i was newly amritshak, i did not eat until nitnem finished. But now im down to doing japji sahib before eating. 

2. I do body shower daily and head shower weekly. If u r gonna do head shower daily, DO NOT use shampoo daily. Use it every other day and other days use just water or maybe dahi(yogurt). Everyday use of shampoo will totoally dry out ur hair. Also u will have to oil ur hair alot.

3. My whole family does a small prayer basically just a small shabad for protection every time we get in the car, cuz weve had a lot of car accidents. One right in front of our house. And its easy to do small ardaas for any task. It just like mentally saying, waheguru ji im going to the gym now. Let me remwmber u. You dont have to stand up and d o the full ardaas 

4. The other things like speaking the truhth and not eating out,.i dont do. But i regret that i dont. I know if i did them, my jeevan would be alot better. You should try doing them. As after taking amrit, all ur pishle karam r naas. So u basically have a clean slate. U dont want to have regrets like the policeman thing. So try to tell the truth always. It will make u steonger and braver.

5. Also i try to do at least 10 mins or 5 mins of simran before my nitnem. Cuz i just learnt how important that is. And scinece is all abt how important meditation is too. Also it helps calm ur mind down so it can concentrate on nitmem

Also check out gurmatbibek.com. it has a sakhi abt a used car salesperson who started to tell the whole truth always. After bwing amritdhari. And lying is almoat required for a used cars salesperson. Yet he did it. And maharaj kirpa, his business soared cuz ppl began tp relay on him ans trust him .  

Thanks bai ji, for nice suggestions 

can u find the link and share it here for that car salesman?

Thanks 

23 hours ago, TinnkerBell said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

With Guru Gobind Singh’s Grace Das became Singh today from Sri Anandpur Sahib. Been to sikhi for almost 10 yrs, I completely understand the meaning of maryada and precautions etc but I would be really thankful if you people can suggest some good Do’s and Don’ts from your experience. Like today the Panj Pyare told me to do ardass at the beginning of every work. I do it for major works and missions for example- if I am going to drive for almost 300-400 kms then I do a quick ardass and if I am going for gym just 2 kms down the road- I don’t do ardass. 

1. So could you please share your views how often you people pray ( i know its upto individual but still i want to know about you)

2. I haven’t miss 7 banis path since almost last 5-6 yrs, some people make this a good habit not to eat until nitnem is done- how you people do- plz share ur views.

3. I know again its personal to take a head-shower everyday or just body shower. I want to know how you guys take shiwer everyday- head.shower daily or not? Please share your experiences.

4. Any other suggestions that you people would like to share?

5. When in Punjab, How often you people eat from outside like Kulche.Chholle, golgappe, smose etc which are cooked and prepared by just roadside sellers.( mostly unhygienic).

6. Important:  A true Amritdhari singh is supposed to speak 100 percent truth and not even a small lie.but in everyday chores at home and outside there are cases in everyones life where you have no option other then saying untrue. How you amritdhari friends manage that thing? For example: a cop pulled me over for running 105 in a 70 kmpr zone, I know i was wrong but still to save my licence and demerit points I had to fight the ticket and my lawyer finally help me out by hook or by crook and the verdict was- “ improper use of equipment by policeman”.  I got the clean chit but that honest policeman got his reputation down because of my lawyer. It happened way back in 2015 but I still feel bad for it. How you guys manage these things- do you speak the truth 100 percent or you also manipulate the facts? Aren’t we supposed to speak 100 percent truth regardless of the situation and results?

A similar case happened when I had to lie to get insurance coverage. Additionally, sometimes we get late to work and we make excuses of traffic jams or something. How you guys speak truth there- please share your views on this.

Note: I am looking for views and experiences from those who are already Amritdhari. Thanks ? 

seems like your doing fine

On 1/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, TinnkerBell said:

its not true that "you have no other choice than saying untrue".  you are chosing to lie, just like anyone else does.

you should have spoke the truth even if you lost your licence and got points.  you were braking the speed limit and you deserved the punishment.   you did not 'have to' to lie to get insurance, if you could not have got the insurance honestly you then you should have done without it.  lying about why you lie is also still a lie.

saying the truth is not an 'option' that you forgo when it's not convenient.    you do it regardless of the consequences.

you should not 'manipulate facts' but rather 'gives facts straight up', then face the honest consequences.

if you tell lies what kind of Gursikh would you be?  you would have no integrity. 

this includes all lies.  there are no 'small lies'.  lies are lies.  

and this isn't just for amritdharis.  it applies to everyone of any age.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:23 AM, Guest guest said:

its not true that "you have no other choice than saying untrue".  you are chosing to lie, just like anyone else does.

you should have spoke the truth even if you lost your licence and got points.  you were braking the speed limit and you deserved the punishment.   you did not 'have to' to lie to get insurance, if you could not have got the insurance honestly you then you should have done without it.  lying about why you lie is also still a lie.

saying the truth is not an 'option' that you forgo when it's not convenient.    you do it regardless of the consequences.

you should not 'manipulate facts' but rather 'gives facts straight up', then face the honest consequences.

if you tell lies what kind of Gursikh would you be?  you would have no integrity. 

this includes all lies.  there are no 'small lies'.  lies are lies.  

and this isn't just for amritdharis.  it applies to everyone of any age.

U r right bai ji, i will try my best in future. ?