Vichaar of shabad:ਨਿਜ ਪਦ ਊਪਰਿ ਲਾਗੋ ਧਿਆਨੁ॥ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੋਰਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੁ ॥੧॥

Lets do vichaar of the following shabad, having to do with dasam dwar by bhagat kabir ji.I didn't understand some underlying meanings, so was wondering if sangat could clear it up. 

ਨਿਜ ਪਦ ਊਪਰਿ ਲਾਗੋ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

I focus my meditation on my inner self, deep within.

ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੋਰਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The Name of the Sovereign Lord is my spiritual wisdom. ||1||Pause||

ਮੂਲ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਬੰਧਿਆ ਬੰਧੁ ॥

In the first chakra, the root chakra, I have grasped the reins and tied them.

ਰਵਿ ਊਪਰਿ ਗਹਿ ਰਾਖਿਆ ਚੰਦੁ ॥

I have firmly placed the moon above the sun.

ਪਛਮ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਤਪੈ ॥

The sun blazes forth at the western gate.

ਮੇਰ ਡੰਡ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਬਸੈ ॥੨॥

Through the central channel of the Shushmanaa, it rises up above my head. ||2||

ਪਸਚਮ ਦੁਆਰੇ ਕੀ ਸਿਲ ਓੜ ॥

There is a stone at that western gate,

ਤਿਹ ਸਿਲ ਊਪਰਿ ਖਿੜਕੀ ਅਉਰ ॥

And above that stone, is another window.

ਖਿੜਕੀ ਊਪਰਿ ਦਸਵਾ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥

Above that window is the Tenth Gate.

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰੁ ॥੩॥੨॥੧੦॥

Says Kabeer, it has no end or limitation. ||3||2||10||

9 minutes ago, GuestSingh12345 said:

Lets do vichaar of the following shabad, having to do with dasam dwar by bhagat kabir ji.I didn't understand some underlying meanings, so was wondering if sangat could clear it up. 

ਨਿਜ ਪਦ ਊਪਰਿ ਲਾਗੋ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

I focus my meditation on my inner self, deep within.

ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੋਰਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The Name of the Sovereign Lord is my spiritual wisdom. ||1||Pause||

ਮੂਲ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਬੰਧਿਆ ਬੰਧੁ ॥

In the first chakra, the root chakra, I have grasped the reins and tied them.

ਪਛਮ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਤਪੈ ॥

ਮੇਰ ਡੰਡ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਬਸੈ ॥੨॥

ਪਸਚਮ ਦੁਆਰੇ ਕੀ ਸਿਲ ਓੜ ॥

ਤਿਹ ਸਿਲ ਊਪਰਿ ਖਿੜਕੀ ਅਉਰ ॥

ਖਿੜਕੀ ਊਪਰਿ ਦਸਵਾ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥

Above that window is the Tenth Gate.

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰੁ ॥੩॥੨॥੧੦॥

Says Kabeer, it has no end or limitation. ||3||2||10||

What part did you not understand?

20 hours ago, Redoptics said:

What part did you not understand?

ਪਛਮ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਤਪੈ ॥

ਮੇਰ ਡੰਡ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਬਸੈ ॥੨॥

ਪਸਚਮ ਦੁਆਰੇ ਕੀ ਸਿਲ ਓੜ ॥

ਤਿਹ ਸਿਲ ਊਪਰਿ ਖਿੜਕੀ ਅਉਰ ॥

i dont understand what references are being made here. The first pangti here, what is meant by placing the moon over the sun?The second one, what is the western gate, or the pasham duar, and is the sun code for prakash?The third one I didn't understand the first two words in gurmukhi, but I researched the Shushmanaa channel. https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/5596/sushumna. Its the centre channel for energy to flow connecting to all other channels. The fourth requires understanding of pascham dwar, and what is the stone refer to?For the final pangti here, what is meant by the window.

I'll post it here for sangat to see: 

On 1/21/2019 at 10:57 AM, sikhni777 said:

Through the complete detachment from Maya's expanse, deception and illusion, control your mind and become established in meditation (Jap or Naam-Simran) within. This is your Irhaa, Pingla and Sushumanaa. With such understanding, remove your duality of Irhaa, Pingla or Sushumanaa, and know that controlling the breath downward through right nostril or upward through the left nostril, and so on, are "empty hypocritical Dhaarmic practices" ineffective for awakening the true Love for the Mool (Source, Origin, Jot...). Be with Sat (Truth) within and without. Then the coiled Kundilini, which is none other than the knot between the mind and Maya, will untie spontaneously. 

ਨਿਉਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਭੁਇਅੰਗਮ ਭਾਠੀ ॥ ਰੇਚਕ ਕੁੰਭਕ ਪੂਰਕ ਮਨ ਹਾਠੀ ॥ ਪਾਖੰਡ ਧਰਮੁ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਹਰਿ ਸਉ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥: Nioulee karam bhuiangam bhaathee. Rechak kunbhak poorak mann haathee. Paakhand dharm preet nahee har sau gur sabad mahaa ras paaiaa: Inner cleansing techniques, channeling the energy to raise the Kundalini to the Tenth Gate, inhaling, exhaling and holding the breath by the force of the mind - by such empty hypocritical Dhaarmic or religious practices, the Love for the Lord is not produced. Only through the Word of the Gur-Shabad (Divine Word) is the sublime, supreme essence obtained (sggs 1043).

ਅਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਮਹਿ ਅਨਹਦ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਰਾਮਹਿ ਗਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਸਬਦਿ ਅਤੀਤ ਅਨਾਹਦਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਆਕੁਲ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰੁ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਪਉਨੈ ਬੰਧਿ ਰਹਾਉਗੋ ॥ ਚੰਦੁ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਦੁਇ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਖਉ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੨॥: Akhand mandall nirankaar mahi anahd ben bajaavougo ...: (By being established) in the imperishable (indivisible Consciousness) realm of the Formless Lord, I play the flute of the unstruck sound current (of the Beloved)||1||. Becoming detached, I sing the Lord's Praises. Through the (Gur-) Shabad, becoming detached, I am established in the All-pervading and In destructible God ||1|| Pause ||. I have controlled the restless mind (which is akin to wind); (this is my practice of) Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa. I look upon both the moon and the sun as the same, (because) I aml merged in the Light of the Lord.||2|| (sggs 973).

ਰਵਿ ਸਸਿ ਲਉਕੇ ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਕਿੰਗੁਰੀ ਵਾਜੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਨਿਰਾਰੀ ॥: Ravi sasi louke ihu tanu kingaree vaajai sabad niraaree: (O Yogi!) make this body the harp, and the right and left nostrils — the "sun" and the "moon" channels — the strings of this body-harp; then vibrate the wondrous melody of the Shabad (Naam-Aatam-Giaan...) within (sggs 907 ).

ਸੂਰ ਸਰੁ ਸੋਸਿ ਲੈ ਸੋਮ ਸਰੁ ਪੋਖਿ ਲੈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਮਰਤੁ ਸੁ ਸਨਬੰਧੁ ਕੀਜੈ ॥ ਮੀਨ ਕੀ ਚਪਲ ਸਿਉ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਰਾਖੀਐ ਉਡੈ ਨਹ ਹੰਸੁ ਨਹ ਕੰਧੁ ਛੀਜੈ ॥੧॥ ਮੂੜੇ ਕਾਇਚੇ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾ ॥ ਨਹ ਚੀਨਿਆ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Soor sar sosi lai som sar pokh lai jagat kari marat su sambandh keeja i...: Eradicate the heat of your passion and ignorance nature (make this the the "sun" energy of the right nostril), and strenghten your nature of Goddness (make this the the cool, "moon" energy of the left nostril); practicing this breath-control, bring them into perfect balance (make this the Sushumanaa). In this way, the mind which is fickle as fish will be held steady; then swan-soul will not wander around, and the body-wall will not crumble to evil passions ||1||. You fool, why are you deluded by doubt? You do not remember the detached Lord of Supreme Bliss ||1|| Pause || (sggs 991). 

ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਤੀਨਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਇਕ ਠਾਈ ॥ ਬੇਣੀ ਸੰਗਮੁ ਤਹ ਪਿਰਾਗੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਜਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਤਿਥਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਤਹਾ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਰਾਮੁ ਹੈ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਗਮਿ ਚੀਨੈ ਬਿਰਲਾ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਤਹਾਂ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਰਮਈਆ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Irhaa Pingulaa aour sukhamanaa teeni basahi ik thaaee ||..: (Who has Realized the Lord, for him the energy channels of the) Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa dwell in one place. (Also, for him) this is the true place of Tribeni(confluence of the three rivers) and Priyag this is where his mind takse its cleansing bath. ||1|| O Saints! The Immaculate (free from Maya) Lord dwells in that State (or awakens within the), (but) rare one who goes to the Guru Gur Gami) Realizes that State. ||1||Pause|| (sggs 974).

ੁੰਡਲਨੀ ਸੁਰਝੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੁਖਿ ਮਚਾ ॥: Kundilini surjhi sat sangat parmanand guroo mukhi machaa: Through the association with Sat (Truth) - Satsangat - the Kundilini unentangles; through the Word of the Guroo, they enjoy the Supreme Bliss. (sggs 1402).

ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗਲਾ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਲੰਘ ਤ੍ਰਿਬੇਨੀ ਨਿਜ ਘਰ ਆਵੈ ॥: Irhaa pingalaa sukhamanaa langh tribenee nij ghar aavai: Go beyond the Triveni of Irhaa, Pingalaa and Sushumanaa and stablize in your Nij Ghar (Mool...). (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas).

ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਸੋਹੰ ਨ ਸਮਾਣਾ ॥: Irhaa pingulaa sukhumunaa soham na samaanaa: The taste of the recitation of "Soham"--I am He--in the base of Irhaa, Pingalaa and Sushumanaa nerves is not equal to the taste of the elixir of Divine Love (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas). 

ਸਿਵ ਸਕਤੀ ਨੋਂ ਸਾਧਕੈ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਦਿਹੁ ਰਾਤ ਸਦਾਏ ॥: Siv sakti no saadhakai chand soor dihu raat sadaae: Conquering the God's material energy Maya, the Spirtual Beings have disciplined the "moon-sun" —Irhaa and Pingalaa — and also the time known by days and nights (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas). 

ਸੋ ਅਉਧੂਤੀ ਜੋ ਧੂਪੈ ਆਪੁ ॥ ਭਿਖਿਆ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਕਰੈ ਸੰਤਾਪੁ ॥ ਅਉਹਠ ਪਟਣ ਮਹਿ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਕਰੈ ॥ ਸੋ ਅਉਧੂਤੀ ਸਿਵ ਪੁਰਿ ਚੜੈ ॥ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੋਰਖੁ ਸਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ॥ ਪਰਮ ਤੰਤ ਮਹਿ ਰੇਖ ਨ ਰੂਪੁ ॥੩॥ ਮਃ ੧ ॥ ਸੋ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਜਿ ਪਾਲੇ ਉਦਾਸੁ ॥ ਅਰਧ ਉਰਧ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਵਾਸੁ ॥ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰਜ ਕੀ ਪਾਏ ਗੰਢਿ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਕਾ ਪੜੈ ਨ ਕੰਧੁ ॥: So aoudhootee jo dhoopai aapu ...: He alone is a detached hermit, who burns away his self-conceit. He who makes his suffering the food to eat. He who dwells in the the core of his very Being, and there begs for alms (of realizing God). Such a renunciate ascends to the Divine Realm of Pure Consciousness, Siva Puri or Dasam Duaar, within. (Says Nanak) Hear me O Gorakh, God is the embodiment of Truth; the Supreme Essence of Reality has no shape or form. ||3|| Ma 1. He alone is an Udasi, a renunciator, who embraces inner renunciation. He dwells in God every breath (inhaling and exhaling). He assembles both Knowledge ("sun") and Intuitive Peace ("moon") within. The body of such an Udasi does not fall or succumb to evil passion (sggs 952).

ਕਾਇਆ ਕਲਾਲਨਿ ਲਾਹਨਿ ਮੇਲਉ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਗੁੜੁ ਕੀਨੁ ਰੇ ॥ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਮਦ ਮਤਸਰ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਸੁ ਦੀਨੁ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਕੋਈ ਹੈ ਰੇ ਸੰਤੁ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਖ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਜਾ ਕਉ ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਦੇਉ ਦਲਾਲੀ ਰੇ ॥ ਏਕ ਬੂੰਦ ਭਰਿ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਦੇਵਉ ਜੋ ਮਦੁ ਦੇਇ ਕਲਾਲੀ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਭਵਨ ਚਤੁਰ ਦਸ ਭਾਠੀ ਕੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਅਗਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਜਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥ ਮੁਦ੍ਰਾ ਮਦਕ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਪੋਚਨਹਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੨॥ ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਸੁਚਿ ਸੰਜਮ ਰਵਿ ਸਸਿ ਗਹਨੈ ਦੇਉ ਰੇ ॥ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਪਿਆਲ ਸੁਧਾ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਏਹੁ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਪੇਉ ਰੇ ॥੩॥ ਨਿਝਰ ਧਾਰ ਚੁਐ ਅਤਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਇਹ ਰਸ ਮਨੂਆ ਰਾਤੋ ਰੇ ॥ ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਸਗਲੇ ਮਦ ਛੂਛੇ ਇਹੈ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਸਾਚੋ ਰੇ ॥੪॥੧॥: Kaayaa kalaalani laahani melau gur kaa sabad gurhu keen re...: (Some sects of Yogi drink wine before practicing Yoga. A Yogi asked Kabeer about the type of wine he drins. Kabeer's answer follows). Make your body the vat; let the Word of the Gur-Shabad (Divine Word) be the molasses; cut up desire, sexuality, anger, pride and envy, and let them be the fermenting bark ||1||. Thus, you mix in your yeast. Is there any Saint, with intuitive peace and poise deep within, unto whom I might offer my meditation and austerities as payment? ||1|| Pause || I dedicate my body and mind to whoever gives me even a drop of this wine from such a vat. I have made the fourteen worlds the furnace, and I have made the Realization of God within my body the fire that I have burnt in the furnace. To enshrine the Intuitive Love for God is my Mudra - my hand-gesture, is my sealing the pitcher to drive the wine into the pot and mental peace is my cooling pad (Sushumanaa). ||2|| Pilgrimages, fasting, vows, purifications, self-discipline, austerities and breath control through the "sun" (Pingla) and the "moon" (Irhaa) channels - all these I pledge for that wine. My focused consciousness is the cup, and the Amrit of Divine Name is the pure elixir. I drink in the supreme, sublime essence of this elixir. ||3|| The pure stream (of the true Wine of Naam) constantly trickles forth, and my mind is intoxicated by this sublime elixir. Says Kabeer, all other wines are trivial and tasteless; this is the only true elixir ||4||1|| (sggs 968-969).

ਗੁੜੁ ਕਰਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਹੂਆ ਭਉ ਭਾਠੀ ਮਨ ਧਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ਸਹਜ ਸਮਾਨੀ ਪੀਵੈ ਪੀਵਨਹਾਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਅਉਧੂ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਮਤਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਉਨਮਦ ਚਢਾ ਮਦਨ ਰਸੁ ਚਾਖਿਆ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਨ ਭਇਆ ਉਜਿਆਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਦੁਇ ਪੁਰ ਜੋਰਿ ਰਸਾਈ ਭਾਠੀ ਪੀਉ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਭਾਰੀ ॥ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਦੁਇ ਕੀਏ ਜਲੇਤਾ ਛੂਟਿ ਗਈ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ॥੨॥ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸ ਗਿਆਨ ਗੁਰ ਗੰਮਿਤ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਸੁਧਿ ਪਾਈ ॥ ਦਾਸੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਤਾਸੁ ਮਦ ਮਾਤਾ ਉਚਕਿ ਨ ਕਬਹੂ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥੨॥: Gurh kari giaan dhiya kari mahooaa bhau bhaathee mann dhaaraa ...: (The Yogi asked Kabeer as to how he makes this wine he just described. Kabeer's answer follows). Make spiritual wisdom the molasses, meditation the bassia flowers, and the Fear of God the furnace enshrined in your mind. The Shushmanaa becomes intuitively balanced, and then the drinker drinks in this wine. ||1|| O hermit Yogi, my mind is intoxicated with this wine. When that wine rises up, one tastes the sublime essence of this Rasa, and sees across the three worlds. ||1|| Pause || Joining the two channels of the breath, I have lit the furnace, and I drink in the supreme, sublime essence. I have burnt both lust and anger as fire-wood, and I have been emancipated from the world. ||3|| The light of spiritual wisdom enlightens me; meeting with the Guru, the True Guru, I have obtained this understanding. Slave Kabeer is intoxicated with that wine, which never wears off ||3||2|| (sggs 969).

ਤ੍ਰੈ ਸਤ ਅੰਗੁਲ ਵਾਈ ਅਉਧੂ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਚੁ ਆਹਾਰੋ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੋਲੈ ਤਤੁ ਬਿਰੋਲੈ ਚੀਨੈ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰੋ ॥ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਮੇਟੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਸਾਏ ਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਚੂਕੈ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੋ ॥ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਗੈ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਜਾ ਆਪੇ ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਏ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਹੁ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਏ ॥੬੦॥: Trai Sat angul vaaee audhoo sunn sach aahaao ... (sggs 944).

ਉਲਟਤ ਪਵਨ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਖਟੁ ਭੇਦੇ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੁੰਨ ਅਨਰਾਗੀ ॥ ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਜੀਵੈ ਤਾਸੁ ਖੋਜੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥੧॥ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਉਲਟਿ ਸਮਾਨਾ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਅਕਲਿ ਭਈ ਅਵਰੈ ਨਾਤਰੁ ਥਾ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Ultat pawan chakra khat bhede surti sun anuraagee ||1||. Aavai na jaai marai na jeevai taas khoj bairaagee. Mere mann mann hee ulati samaanaa ||1|| Rahaaou ||. Gur parsaad akal bhaee avarai naatar thaa begaana (sggs 333). 

ਐਸਾ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਕਥੈ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ ॥ ਮਨ ਰੇ ਪਵਨ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ॥: Aisaa giyan kathai banbaaree. Mann re pavan drirh sukhman naareeke (sggs 327).

"Sun Enters The House Of Moon": 

How can we realize the Source? Or, how can the Real Self know Itself? Maya's material nature (including all matter) is composed of three qualities: Saatav, Raajas, and Taamas. In English, these three modes can be called goodness, passion and ignorance, respectively. They are like intertwined strands of the winding cord or rope of Nature. These three qualities are part of Maya or delusive force inherent in the creation. Through this medium, Nature holds in bondage all embodied beings. 

As indicated in the Gurbani, the sun due to its hot nature is metaphor for the fiery ego or Raajas and Taamas Guna (passion and ignorance, respectively). Whereas the moon because of its cooling and soothing nature is metaphor for the mode of Goodness (Saatav Guna), the state of Sahaj Avasthaa (the state of no-ego, Pure Being, or Turiyaa), Inner Peace, Intuitive Poise, Tranquility, Mool-realization...

ਪੂਨਿਉ ਪੂਰਾ ਚੰਦ ਅਕਾਸ ॥ ਪਸਰਹਿ ਕਲਾ ਸਹਜ ਪਰਗਾਸ ॥ ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਮਧਿ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਿਆ ਥੀਰ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਸਾਗਰ ਮਹਿ ਰਮਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ॥: Poonio pooraa chand akaas. Pasarahi kalaa sahaj paragaas. Aadi ant madhi hoi rahiaa theer. Sukh saagar mahi ramahi Kabeer: The ever present (beginning, middle and end) Divine is the Ocean of Peace, O Kabeer, immers in that Ocean and meditate on Him. By doing so, the Sahaj Avasthaa will shine forth within, just as on the day of the full moon, the moon shines forth in its full glory (sggs 344). 

When the "sun enters the house of moon", or when the moon is out in its full glory, the sun is not to be seen. Similarly, if man's quality of passion and ignorance ("sun") enter into the quality of Goodness ("moon"), the qualities of passion and ignorance fade away and the quality of Goodness becomes dominant. After transcending egoism or all modes of material nature (Maya), one becomes established in Purity, Transcendental Consciousness, Turiya or Soul Nature.

ਕਿਉ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ਆਤਮੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਕਿਉ ਸਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਖੋਵੈ ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥: Kio mool pashaanai aatam jaanai kio sasi ghari soor samaavai. Gurmukhi hayumai vichahau khovai tayu Nanak Sahaj Samaavai: "How can the Root, the Source of all be realized? How can the Soul know itself? How can the sun enter the house of the moon?" By becoming a Gurmukh (Spiritual Being) eliminate the egoism from within; then, O Nanak, you naturally enter the Sahaj Avasthaa--sun (Maya's fire) enters into the home of the moon or Soul Nature (sggs 945). 

ਬਾਰਹ ਸੋਲਹ ਮੇਲ ਕਰ ਸਸੀਅਰ ਅੰਦਰ ਸੂਰ ਸਮਾਯਾ ॥: Baarah solah mel kar saseear andar soor samaayaa: Combining twelve (months) and sixteen (phases of moon) the "sun" merges into the "moon" — Maya's material nature gets absobed into the Pure Being (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas)

ਏਕਾਦਸੀ ਏਕ ਦਿਸ ਧਾਵੈ॥... ਬਾਰਸਿ ਬਾਰਹ ਉਗਵੈ ਸੂਰ ॥ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਬਾਜੇ ਅਨਹਦ ਤੂਰ॥ਦੇਖਿਆ ਤਿਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਕਾ ਪੀਉ ॥ ਅਚਰਜੁ ਭਇਆ ਜੀਵ ਤੇ ਸੀਉ ॥: Ekaadasee ek dis dhaavai...Baarasi baahar oogavai soor. Ahinis baajai anahad toor. Dekhiaa tihoon lok kaa peeou. Acharaj bhaiaa jeev te seeou: The person who engages in remembering One Divine ("ek dis dhaavai"), the complete Self-knowledge menifests in his bosom, its like twelve suns have arisen in his inner being! Day and night, he hears the celestial bugles vibrating the unstruck melody within, and he beholds the Father of the three worlds. This is so wonderful! A common man thus becomes God! (sggs 344).

ਆਂਗਨਿ ਮੇਰੈ ਸੋਭਾ ਚੰਦ ॥ ਨਿਸਿ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਸੰਗਿ ਅਨੰਦ ॥: Aangan merai sobhaa chand. Nisi baasur priya sangi anand: Within the courtyard of my Heart, the glory of the moon of Self-realization has shined forth. Night and day, I am in Bliss with my Beloved (sggs 372).

Also, the "sun" is used as metaphor for Self-knowledge, Divine Light, Intuitive Wisdom and Divine Understanding. Similarly, the moon indicates Spiritual darkness. When the "sun" of True Knowledge and Understanding enters the "moon" (of Spiritual darkness), the "Joti-Svaroopa" shines forth. And God stands Realized!

ਕਵਨ ਮੁਖਿ ਚੰਦੁ ਹਿਵੈ ਘਰੁ ਛਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਵਨ ਮੁਖਿ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਤਪੈ ਤਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਵਨ ਮੁਖਿ ਕਾਲੁ ਜੋਹਤ ਨਿਤ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਕਵਨ ਬੁਧਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਤਿ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਕਵਨੁ ਜੋਧੁ ਜੋ ਕਾਲੁ ਸੰਘਾਰੈ ॥ ਬੋਲੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥੪੮॥ ਸਬਦੁ ਭਾਖਤ ਸਸਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਸਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਵਸੈ ਮਿਟੈ ਅੰਧਿਆਰਾ ॥: Kavan mukh chand hivai ghar shaaiaa ...: Yogis asked Baabaa Nanak: "The moon of the mind is cool; how is it to be kept that way? How can the blazing sun of Knowledge be kept arisen all the time? How can the constant fear of Death be turned away? By what understanding is the honor of the Gurmukh (Spiritual Being) preserved? Who is the warrior, who conquers Death? Give us your thoughtful reply, O Nanak." By chanting the the Shabad in the Heart, the moon of the mind is illuminated with infinity. ||48||Thus, when the sun of Knowledge dwells in the house of the moon, the darkness of ignorance is dispelled (sggs 943).

ਚਉਦਸਿ ਚਉਥੇ ਥਾਵਹਿ ਲਹਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਰਾਜਸ ਤਾਮਸ ਸਤ ਕਾਲ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਸਸੀਅਰ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੋਗ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਕੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਚਉਦਸਿ ਭਵਨ ਪਾਤਾਲ ਸਮਾਏ ॥ ਖੰਡ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡ ਰਹਿਆ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਏ ॥੧੮॥ : Chaudasi chauthe thaavahi lahi paavai...: Chaudas: One who enters into the Fourth State of Consciousness, overcomes time, and the three qualities of Maya — Raajas, Taamas and Saatav. Then the "sun" of fiery Maya enters into the house of the "moon" of Intuitve Peace, and one comes to know the value of the true Way of Yoga. He then keeps his consciousness lovingly focused on God, who is permeating the fourteen worlds, the nether regions of the underworld, the galaxies and solar systems ||18|| (sggs 840).

ਉਗਵੈ ਸੂਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਪੈ ਚੰਦੁ॥ਜਹ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਮਿਟੰਤੁ ॥: Ougavai soor na jaapai chand. Jah giaan pragaas agiaan mitant: When the sun rises, the moon is not visible. Where the Light of Divine Wisdom illuminates, ignorance is dispelled (sggs 791).

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਸਹਜ ਘਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਿਟਿਆ ਅੰਧੇਰਾ ਚੰਦੁ ਚੜਿਆ ॥: Gur parasaad sahaj ghar paaiaa mittiaa andheraa chand charriaa: By the Gur-Grace (Grace of the Giaan-Knowledge, Wisdom...), I have entered the home of celestial bliss. Darkness of ignorance is dispelled, and the moon of wisdom has risen (sggs 393). 

"Moon Enters The House Of Sun": 

With the rise of the sun, the moon fades away. That is to say, when the "moon enters the house of sun", the moon becomes veiled or dormant. Similarly, when man's Pure Nature, Soul Consciousness, Inner Peace or Intuitive Poise ("moon") enters the material nature of Maya ("sun"), the Soul Nature fades away and the illusion, egoism or evil passions become dominant.

ਸੋਲਹ ਕਲਾ ਸੰਪੂਰਣੋ ਸਸਿ ਘਰ ਸੂਰਜ ਵਿਰਤੀ ਹਾਣੀ ॥: Solah kalaa sampoorano sasi ghar sooraj viratee haanee: When moon, the master of sixteen phases (Pure Nature) enters into the sun (material nature), it gets faded (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas).

Moonless night or Amaavas is metaphor for our darkness of ignorance or falsehood (egoism). When our mind is overtaken by the darkness of egoism, the "moon" of Truth is not to be seen anywhere! But the moment the egoism begins to thin out, the "moon" of Truth begins to rise and gradually grows; bringing Divine Virtues like Peace, Contentment, Knowledge, Compassion, Shabad- Vichaar... 

ਕੂੜੁ ਅਮਾਵਸ ਸਚੁ ਚੰਦ੍ਰਮਾ ਦੀਸੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਹ ਚੜਿਆ ॥: koorr amaavus such chundhrumaa dheesai naahee keh charriaa: In this dark night of falsehood, the "moon" of Truth is not be seen anywhere (sggs 145).

ਅਮਾਵਸ ਆਤਮ ਸੁਖੀ ਭਏ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਦੀਆ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ॥: Amaavas aatam sukhee bhae santokh deeaa gurdev: The day of the new moon: My soul is at Peace; the Divine has blessed me with contentment (sggs 299). 

Soul's Purity And Freedom: 

The sun and the moon shower their light on everyone and everyplace without any prejudice or distinction, and ever remain untouched by the environment thereof. For instance, by shining on water they do not get wet, by shining on trash they do not get stinky, by shining on dirt they do not get dirty, by shining on a pot they do not become that pot, and so on. Also, although the fire burns everything that comes in its way, but it ever remains untouched by the objects it burns. In that sense, they are said to be immaculate, free or liberated. 

Similarly, the Mool (Source, Origin, Jot...) is always in its Pure Nature, Truth-Knowledge-Bliss. However, when this Pure Consciousness gets refracted at the prism of false ego-center, the duality or the sense of distinction and separation is perceived. Which, in turn, gives rise to a perceiver of objects, a feeler of emotions, and a thinker of thoughts. Thus, it is because of the rise and intervention of the mind and body (false ego-sense) that we veil the Reality from ourselves. However, the Self eternally remains Pure and Liberated even in spite of our filthy egoism.

In the same way, a Brahm Giaanee, the Mool-realized person, remains pure and liberated regardless of external events, conditions, circumstances, changes, place or time. Without abandoning family and society — like the sun and the moon and the fire, free from bondage — the Spiritual Beings live in the midst of Maya or worldly happenings, yet remain unaffected and untouched. 

ਸੂਰੁ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਸਸੀ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਅਲਿਪਾਇ ॥ ਸੁਭਾਵਤ ਜੈਸੇ ਬੈਸੰਤਰ ਅਲਿਪਤ ਸਦਾ ਨਿਰਮਲਾਇ ॥: Soor muktaa sasee muktaa brahm giaanee alipaae. Subhaavat jaise baisantar aliptaa sadaa nirmalaai: The sun is liberated, and the moon is liberated; the God-realized being is pure and untouched. His inner nature is like that of fire, untouched and forever immaculate (sggs 1001). 

ਕਕਾ ਕਿਰਣਿ ਕਮਲ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਵਾ ॥ ਸਸਿ ਬਿਗਾਸ ਸੰਪਟ ਨਹੀ ਆਵਾ ॥ ਅਰੁ ਜੇ ਤਹਾ ਕੁਸਮ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਵਾ ॥ ਅਕਹ ਕਹਾ ਕਹਿ ਕਾ ਸਮਝਾਵਾ ॥੭॥ : Kakkaa kiran kamal mahi paawaa. Sasi bigaas sanpatt nahee aavaa. Aru je tahaa kusam ras paawaa. Akah kahaa kahi kaa samjhaavaa ||7||: KAKKA (a letter of the Gurmukhi alphabet):  When the rays of (the sun of the Knowledge - Giaan) come into the heart-lotus, the moon-light of Maya cannot enter the basket (of the mind - it cannot close the blossomed heart-lotus again). (By reaching that state) if I enjoy the subtle fragrance of that Spiritual Flower (blossoming of the heart-lotus), I cannot describe it - its indescribable; I could speak, but who would understand? ||7|| (sggs 340).

On 1/21/2019 at 6:42 AM, GuestSingh12345 said:

i dont understand what references are being made here. The first pangti here, what is meant by placing the moon over the sun?The second one, what is the western gate, or the pasham duar, and is the sun code for prakash?The third one I didn't understand the first two words in gurmukhi, but I researched the Shushmanaa channel. https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/5596/sushumna. Its the centre channel for energy to flow connecting to all other channels. The fourth requires understanding of pascham dwar, and what is the stone refer to?For the final pangti here, what is meant by the window.

You're going about this wrong. You don't need to understand what references are being made.

There are thousands of shabads in Gurbani telling you to recite the Name. Just do that.

This isn't a video game with a cheat code to be able "aim" to get past the Dasam Dawar.

Just relax and do your bhagti. Guru Sahib will take care of the rest.

When you actually reach a level of spiritual accomplishment, you will then see where the west gate,  window, etc., are. It's like saying you can't understand from a textual description what the layout of the Darbar Sahib is (Manji Sahib, Dukh Bhanjni, Akal Takhat, Harimander Sahib, Parikarma). Once you go there, you'll understand in one second.

Same for the Dasam Duar.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:41 AM, BhForce said:

You're going about this wrong. You don't need to understand what references are being made.

There are thousands of shabads in Gurbani telling you to recite the Name. Just do that.

This isn't a video game with a cheat code to be able "aim" to get past the Dasam Dawar.

Just relax and do your bhagti. Guru Sahib will take care of the rest.

When you actually reach a level of spiritual accomplishment, you will then see where the west gate,  window, etc., are. It's like saying you can't understand from a textual description what the layout of the Darbar Sahib is (Manji Sahib, Dukh Bhanjni, Akal Takhat, Harimander Sahib, Parikarma). Once you go there, you'll understand in one second.

Same for the Dasam Duar.

I agree partly with what you suggest, that we should focus only on naam simran , but that doesn't mean we don't try to understand the beautiful hidden meanings behind certain shabads. It reeks of our incapibility to understand our own gurbani.

To the OP, 

here's the meaning of that shabad in one pic 

Related image

"Mool dwara" referred in the gurbani referenced by OP is the "mooladhara" chakra in above pic. This chakra is where the genitals are. So basically Bhagat kabeer ji is saying I have restrained myself from improper sexual activiites . Thats what "baandhya bandh" means 

Secondly , you can see in above image three channels rising upwards. Central is sushmana, the one on the west is "Pingala" , also known as "sun channel" in yogic kriya. 

You can see midway in that channel is a blockade (thats what shabad refers to as "stone" ) and above that the channel continues (which is what is referred to in shabad as "another window above it " ) . And then it leads to the sahasrara which is what dasam dwar is I think .

There have been many people saying they feel certain feeling rising above in the spine.