Supporting non-sikhs isn’t our main priority?

Sikhi4Ever

On 1/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Too many wannabe Bhai Khaniyeh in the quam, and not enough Baba Banda Singh Bahadhurs, although, ironically, the Bhai Khaniyeh wannabes act not out of a deep seated conviction that their acts are rooted in Truth, but because they don't have the heart and the courage to take the difficult and unpopular decisions, which is, funnily enough, the exact opposite of what the actual blessed Bhai Khaniyah and Baba Banda Singh managed to achieve. Arguably two polar opposing philosophies according to contemporary ethical and moral thought, but viewed through the prism of Gurmat there is NO contradiction between the two approaches. 

lol Bhai Khaniye.

There is actually a Sewapanthi sampradaiye started from Bhai Khania in sikh panth as well. They don't get much exposure in mainstream sikhs these days.

Guest GuestSingh
5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

What about in general everyday situations, like at work? Now at work you might get some people who give you a heads up/hand when required, and then you get others who might actually hold some sort of resentment towards you for whatever reason, even if you've done nothing (maybe due to personality clash, racism, competitiveness). That is an important one to grasp. 

my works within a manufacturing setting and predominantly comprised of 'school-leaving' chitteh who only stick together...the older ones will still stare at my appearance (maybe a dirty look or two if theyre being nice) - younger ones too depending on how much they feel theyre being 'colonised' in their own country and 'influenced' by their own...

a lot of them will refuse to say thank u if a door is held open for them or walk away as soon as my presence is nearby....theyre most likely to be the same ppl who picked on/bullied/beat up us or our mame/chache before/after school and our pape/nane/dade after a tough weeks work...

very few out of hundreds will be ok with u...wen u have to talk to them, u can feel either their reluctance in communicating with u or a desperation in attempting to exert their authority over u - its as if theyre trying to enact the role of the white 'saviour/enlightening' pigs who tried to take over the world...nah aint gna give them the satisfaction..standing tall, keeping eye contact and speaking in a deep voice with a stern face tends to startle and confuse them - the older ones may ignore u afta realising u aint as soft or girly as the rest..and the others might still try to be nice to ur face - not easy to tell with these whether theyre actually genuine, a bit 'dumb' i.e. living in their own world and caught in wordly material while oblivious of 'real-world politics', or if they mock 'indians' behind ur back but happily gobble down curry every friday night and fool around with dirty, filthy-minded, race-traitor apniaan.

u can either 'kill' them with knowledge in front of a crowd and make them look stupid...or 'sweeten' them up with kindness to 'weaken' their ill-feeling...my choice in 'fight or flight' is the former otherwise its do neither - just say and do whats necessary and avoid all company with them when appropriate to reduce any kind of western influence on my mind is gd enough to let them think not every apna banda with a dumalla and beard is this weak, submissive and compliant effeminate 'asian' whos weak in faith, identity and culture and cant think for themselves - again, it comes down to trying not to live in duality and giving them the satisfaction of thinking 'white is right'....image - 'singhs' must keep a 'masculine' image.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:06 AM, proactive said:

This giving to others yet not providing for our own is a form of virtue signaling at best and a mental illness at worst. It's self hatred of the worst kind because you block out the desire to help those with whom you share a common religion, a common language and a common culture in order to help those who in the past have inflicted the worst atrocities against your people. How else but that it is mental illness and extreme self hatred could you then explain Ravi Singh rushing off to waste the Panth's money in Mirpur after the 2006 earthquake at a time when most Sikhs in the UK knew that people in the UK who were from that very region were involved in cases of grooming Sikh girls. Did he think that this act of kindness would somehow convince the community that these paedophiles belonged to  rein them in? What if not mental illness then explains his use of the Panth's money to build a mosque for refugees and provide them with Qurans? 

The problem is that now his elevated media profile and his status have convinced him -- and others -- that they're doing the right thing, and that those people who are extending words of caution (or stronger, in some cases) are the un-Sikh villains of the piece. Nobody from the people he surrounds himself with is ever going to advise him to tone it down and look closer to home, so in effect he's trapped himself in an echo chamber where he will never consider any constructive criticism or advice that runs contrary to his personal ideology. That's an incredibly precarious and unhealthy way for someone to exist, even moreso for someone of his position. He seems drunk on a stubborn sense of self-righteousness. This is what happens when you impose particular Western moral ideologies on a completely misunderstood Eastern spiritual doctrine. One side will always be diminished and come off worse for wear, and it's no surprise the aspect that suffers the most is the one that's least understood, or at least understood in the most basic and superficial way.

6 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

my works within a manufacturing setting and predominantly comprised of 'school-leaving' chitteh who only stick together...the older ones will still stare at my appearance (maybe a dirty look or two if theyre being nice) - younger ones too depending on how much they feel theyre being 'colonised' in their own country and 'influenced' by their own...

a lot of them will refuse to say thank u if a door is held open for them or walk away as soon as my presence is nearby....theyre most likely to be the same ppl who picked on/bullied/beat up us or our mame/chache before/after school and our pape/nane/dade after a tough weeks work...

very few out of hundreds will be ok with u...wen u have to talk to them, u can feel either their reluctance in communicating with u or a desperation in attempting to exert their authority over u - its as if theyre trying to enact the role of the white 'saviour/enlightening' pigs who tried to take over the world...nah aint gna give them the satisfaction..standing tall, keeping eye contact and speaking in a deep voice with a stern face tends to startle and confuse them - the older ones may ignore u afta realising u aint as soft or girly as the rest..and the others might still try to be nice to ur face - not easy to tell with these whether theyre actually genuine, a bit 'dumb' i.e. living in their own world and caught in wordly material while oblivious of 'real-world politics', or if they mock 'indians' behind ur back but happily gobble down curry every friday night and fool around with dirty, filthy-minded, race-traitor apniaan.

u can either 'kill' them with knowledge in front of a crowd and make them look stupid...or 'sweeten' them up with kindness to 'weaken' their ill-feeling...my choice in 'fight or flight' is the former otherwise its do neither - just say and do whats necessary and avoid all company with them when appropriate to reduce any kind of western influence on my mind is gd enough to let them think not every apna banda with a dumalla and beard is this weak, submissive and compliant effeminate 'asian' whos weak in faith, identity and culture and cant think for themselves - again, it comes down to trying not to live in duality and giving them the satisfaction of thinking 'white is right'....image - 'singhs' must keep a 'masculine' image.

I hear you. Where are you brother? Up north or in the midlands?

I think in London it's a bit different, from what I gather from the few northern foreman I encounter on sites is that they are clearly more racist than the rest, often trying to sack bods on any pretext, not that you don't get local foreman with the same attitude. But I do notice that the younger lads are often more accepting and don't have the hang ups the older ones have. I guess we can say the same thing generationally with our lot on on a few dimensions too. 

But then I'm a mona so that will play a part too, but I have met one big jungly Singh on sites that no one effs with, plus he's 5hite hot with his work too. 

Guest GuestSingh
10 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I hear you. Where are you brother? Up north or in the midlands?

I think in London it's a bit different, from what I gather from the few northern foreman I encounter on sites is that they are clearly more racist than the rest, often trying to sack bods on any pretext, not that you don't get local foreman with the same attitude. But I do notice that the younger lads are often more accepting and don't have the hang ups the older ones have. I guess we can say the same thing generationally with our lot on on a few dimensions too. 

But then I'm a mona so that will play a part too, but I have met one big jungly Singh on sites that no one effs with, plus he's 5hite hot with his work too. 

w.midlands bro.

u no wen this place first opened and started to take ppl on, singhs and mone remarked how one senior in charge of recruitment, probably a panjabi, would only hire apne so a fair few of em..and some musleh...ended up here...sadly management found out and he lost his job...but gd on tht munda for giving us a head start cuz most wudnt have at all...

they also mentioned that one of em arrived here from panjab in his teens..u wudnt no it cuz he speaks in our accent...and got work elsewhere in a factory before coming here...anyway with tht head start and apparently being a 'natural engineer', gd with his hands etc. he impressed - that really annoyed the chitteh...anyway he carried on working and eventually got an interview for a lead role..but with just days to go, out of nowhere its cancelled - no warning, no explanation, nothing...hes 'left in the dark' and the folk who done it cnt even look him in the eye anymore...they were tht worried about potentially taking orders from 'browny' - ppl who they see as 'beneath' them tht the pressure was too much for them to take...now our boys arent even considered for higher roles anymore, leaving them stuck but they dnt complain, they do their job and it pays well...but tht racism is clear for all to see...

the only amusing thing here is tht the company is owned by 'indians' and it wudnt be wat it is today without their investment - so they 'browny' to thank for giving them a livelihood and gd living...but they dnt care...we're just foreigners taking their jobs...

being in a slightly different line of work to those munde, these ppl most likely see myself as more of a threat since we dnt know each other and the unknown always keeps the mind curious i.e. they probably think theyre being supervised by browny and they gonna hate tht too..but it aint for the reasons they think....and thats what keeps myself thinking we have to represent tht image of a 'singh'....

On 1/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, MisterrSingh said:

The problem is that now his elevated media profile and his status have convinced him -- and others -- that they're doing the right thing, and that those people who are extending words of caution (or stronger, in some cases) are the un-Sikh villains of the piece. Nobody from the people he surrounds himself with is ever going to advise him to tone it down and look closer to home, so in effect he's trapped himself in an echo chamber where he will never consider any constructive criticism or advice that runs contrary to his personal ideology. That's an incredibly precarious and unhealthy way for someone to exist, even moreso for someone of his position. He seems drunk on a stubborn sense of self-righteousness. This is what happens when you impose particular Western moral ideologies on a completely misunderstood Eastern spiritual doctrine. One side will always be diminished and come off worse for wear, and it's no surprise the aspect that suffers the most is the one that's least understood, or at least understood in the most basic and superficial way.

even Guru ji just built a masjid , he never furnished it with Qurans , are you telling me in 1.4 billion muslims there is not one who could supply copies ?

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned