Supporting non-sikhs isn’t our main priority?

Sikhi4Ever

When the white school trustees or elected officials of government get together about issues.  They don't care or know what is happening in punjabis communities.   Even if they see a problem that can be solved by putting in some sort of program or open a centre for the punjabi community they will not do it.  They will hold town hall meetings to fight against it if punjabis get together and ask for it. 

For this very reason when you donate or think about giving back to the Community.  Give back to fund the punjabi community related programs or centers or punjabi families in need.  

If punjabis want to live a better life in the west.   Then support your fellow punjabis.

56 minutes ago, garch said:

No I don't, but my Sache Patshah Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji did exactly that.

Thats why its not my mat my brother.

OK, thanks for answering honestly, at least that you spend your grocery money on your kids.

What people opposing Ravi Singh are saying is that he should do this on a large-scale basis (spend Panth's money on Panth's kids).

Just to clarify: You're saying that the 25 million Sikhs should spend their money trying to take care of 7 billion non-Sikhs?

So every Sikh has to support 280 non-Sikhs.

That's a pretty tall order.

2 hours ago, garch said:

No I don't, but my Sache Patshah Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji did exactly that.

Thats why its not my mat my brother.

not true , he did work and also kehti to feed his family and deal with his responsibilities first not just up and sell everything and gave it away . Same with all Nanaks  they did kirit di kamai for family, and used daswand for langar etc .

Anyone ever think on Guru Pita ji's words to Bhai Kanhaiya ji ? he stated that once an enemy has been incapitated by our hand that person once again becomes a brother and so it is our duty to look after them . He also gave specific instructions to increase love and protection for our sikh bretheren , to never knowlingly allow a sikh to go hungry , stay in distress if we have the means to help. But forget that let's just ignore the primary duty because it doesn't create column inches of promo in MSM

I prefer the United sikhs model they arrived started sewa of langar for truly distressed people then encouraged the local muslims and authorities to partner up and help with this work .The muslims have oil wealth, land, many countries of their own with all the resources, they also have a mandate to help people of their umma and yet it serves their political will to get us to do their work for them . Be smart , start the langars and then get them to invest in continuing the aid . Guru Nanak Dev ji wanted all faiths to do this langar sewa and to take on the values of sikhi , not burden us with it all : the responsibilities of the masses without the resources .

56 minutes ago, BhForce said:

OK, thanks for answering honestly, at least that you spend your grocery money on your kids.

What people opposing Ravi Singh are saying is that he should do this on a large-scale basis (spend Panth's money on Panth's kids).

Just to clarify: You're saying that the 25 million Sikhs should spend their money trying to take care of 7 billion non-Sikhs?

So every Sikh has to support 280 non-Sikhs.

That's a pretty tall order.

Was the guru talking to his few thousand Sikhs around during their human form? Or all people of all backgrounds that they could get message to? (A la the Udasis to Europe, far East, middle east, South etc)

Was guru jis message only for sikhs to apply to Sikhs? 

To answer ur question; no i am not saying "You're saying that the 25 million Sikhs should spend their money trying to take care of 7 billion non-Sikhs?".

Contrary to popular belief amongst people on this thread, KA has hundreds of volunteers in India and more specifically many working in punjab amongst other states. 

However, those not satisfied can set something up to do what should be done. There are plenty Sikhs will that will financially contribute. 

Thankfully Sikhs should and do set an example when it comes to humanitarian relief for the whole world to follow.

One day Khalsa will Raj and the 3.5b well off will support the 3.5b poor. Until then keep the faith and support the few doers we do have in our panth.

Thats me out. Fateh

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

not true , he did work and also kehti to feed his family and deal with his responsibilities first not just up and sell everything and gave it away . 

Not what i suggested.

I was referring to one specific example, im sure you know the one.

Fateh.

5 hours ago, BhForce said:

Which is why we all should meet and talk with people that we disagree with. 

It's impossible engaging with people who possess his type of mentality. You're more likely to get something out of an exchange with a brick wall. There is no chance of any form of contemplation on their part that they MAY perhaps need to reassess the beliefs and opinions they hold so dear. To consider such a thought is tantamount to succumbing to devilry, lol. I wouldn't give a 5hit normally, but he's considered to be somewhat emblematic of western Sikhs and our beliefs, but he doesn't speak for me and he never will.

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's impossible engaging with people who possess his type of mentality. You're more likely to get something out of an exchange with a brick wall. There is no chance of any form of contemplation on their part that they MAY perhaps need to reassess the beliefs and opinions they hold so dear. To consider such a thought is tantamount to succumbing to devilry, lol. I wouldn't give a 5hit normally, but he's considered to be somewhat emblematic of western Sikhs and our beliefs, but he doesn't speak for me and he never will.

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their competence or incompetence.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

In other words, some people are not self-aware.

6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Anyone ever think on Guru Pita ji's words to Bhai Kanhaiya ji ? he stated that once an enemy has been incapitated by our hand that person once again becomes a brother and so it is our duty to look after them .

Great point, had not considered that.

Sure, if we injure someone, we should look after him.

But KA seems to think that if some random person/army injures someone else, then we are responsible.

8 hours ago, garch said:

Not what i suggested.

I was referring to one specific example, im sure you know the one.

Fateh.

The example is that Guru Nanak CAME ACROSS the hungry sadhus and that is why he spend his 20 rupees to feed them. Guru Nanak did not travel thousands of miles to feed people. Khalsa Aid has tried to use a number of sakhis in order to try and justify their actions but when looks closely at these sakhi none can be used to justify the way that KA works. The issue is that KA spends money gathered mainly from the Sikhs and in many cases they urge Sikhs to give money as daswandh when essentially daswandh should only be used within the community. 

22 hours ago, garch said:

If u accept 'all' as 'one' then there is no us and them. Everybody is our own people. This is gurmat brother.

We should help those that need help, there are plenty of us with enough resources to support those far and near.

The likes of khalsa aid do plenty for sikhs/non-sikhs a like, and are a doing a grand job of inspiring more to join in on human relief projects in punjab (they have hundreds of volunteers based in india) and across the globe, without them thousands of our sikh and non sikh brothers and sisters would be destitute.

Instead if bashing those that follow bhai khanaiyas example; focus on inspiring those that do no nothing for others.

Its true what they say about punjabis "if u put a punjabi alone in a room; they'll find something to argue with themself about"

Khalsa Aid spends about 20% of its aid in India out of which probably half of this could be in Punjab. That means that 90% of the aid gathered by them mainly from Sikhs goes to non-Sikhs. So much for your 'grand job'. During the Rohingya crisis, KA probably spent tens of thousands of pounds on aid to the Rohingyas. The US govt gave over $350M to the Rohingyas, UK about half that. All in all the Rohingyas probably got close to $750M just from the west. Islamic countries like Turkey, UAE etc gave lots of aid as well.

Now my question to you... using the Sakhi of Sacha Sauda or Bhai Kanhaiya or any other Sakhi can you justify these actions of Khalsa Aid. Isn't is just plain stupidity and bloody mindedness of Ravi Singh to be wasting tens of thousands of pound of aid which could be used to help poor Sikhs in Punjab and giving these to Rohingyas who were already receiving millions in aid? Recognising the whole of humanity as one does not entail being a fool and being so blinkered that you do you see your own in need. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned