Why do Sikhs avoid debates

Torontobboi

I c Muslims n Christians debate all the time but Sikhs avoid it. Why is that? Most common excuse I see is that we believe that all paths lead to god we don't need to convict anyone we are the truth etc. However if there is only one god one creator than there can only be one true path this is common sense. Sikhi is supposed to be the ultimate truth so why shy away ? Why not spread this msg it would be selfish to just keep it for ourselves

On 1/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, Torontobboi said:

I c Muslims n Christians debate all the time but Sikhs avoid it. Why is that? Most common excuse I see is that we believe that all paths lead to god we don't need to convict anyone we are the truth etc. However if there is only one god one creator than there can only be one true path this is common sense. Sikhi is supposed to be the ultimate truth so why shy away ? Why not spread this msg it would be selfish to just keep it for ourselves

A true religion believes all can lead to God. 

A false religion says that only their faith can lead to God. 

Hence in a way. We do believe our faith is the right one due to the above.

only a true religion will state equality for all.  

Also if we take a look at the facts. Sikhs belive that we all will be reincarnated. Ie we believe that muslims will also be reincarnated. Hence our religion does not say muslims will go to their heaven hence it makes islamic beliefs void. 

So when we look at things practically Our faith does not agree with fundamental beliefs of other faiths. 

All people regardless of what faith they are will be judged according to our faith belief system. 

So it does not matter how good a muslim is. He will not go to any kind of heaven or hell. He will either merge with God or be reincarnated based on our beliefs. 

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

A true religion believes all can lead to God. 

A false religion says that only their faith can lead to God. 

Hence in a way. We do believe our faith is the right one due to the above.

only a true religion will state equality for all.  

Also if we take a look at the facts. Sikhs belive that we all will be reincarnated. Ie we believe that muslims will also be reincarnated. Hence our religion does not say muslims will go to their heaven hence it makes islamic beliefs void. 

So when we look at things practically Our faith does not agree with fundamental beliefs of other faiths. 

All people regardless of what faith they are will be judged according to our faith belief system. 

So it does not matter how good a muslim is. He will not go to any kind of heaven or hell. He will either merge with God or be reincarnated based on our beliefs. 

But do the other religions know this? This is why u gotta preach and debate.. to spread the message

On 1/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, Torontobboi said:

However if there is only one god one creator than there can only be one true path this is common sense.

I agree that Sikhism is 100% true.

But that does not mean the other paths are 100% false. 

That's what the Abrahamics believe (that other religions are totally false).

I don't really think there's any point to debating them, unless they want to attack us, in which case we can respond.

But as for discussion (as opposed to debate), I think the reason we don't do that is 1) we don't have good English-speaking spokesmen who are also fully knowledgeable about Gurbani and 2) we don't have the courage to discuss such matters with non-Sikhs because we don't have our story straight.

I.e., what's our belief on X? Or Y? Or Z?

I think we have a soft underbelly which Christian missionaries will exploit.

Because, debates occur from the ego mind. Which is a hodge podge of mental nonsense. Even the Guru stated that all these so called debaters, priests, learned people are deluded and corrupted by Maya. So why debate with them? Maharaj selects his Sikhs, in this world you are either the real deal or just a pretender. Debating with a Muslim would get you nowhere, except maybe a trip to the drugstore for some Tylenol. They are just so rigidly ingrained in their beliefs, not an iota of spiritiuality is within these debaters. To understand me you need to understand the difference between the ego mind and the Universal mind. We don't need Sikh converts, we don't need Sikhi to grow in numbers, it is the Truth, and the Truth (capital T) will stand the test of time. As for why these religons exist, only Mahaakal knows... my guess is they come from the underworld. Lol

On 1/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, Torontobboi said:

good question,

bc the questions like does god exist, intrinsically we know the answer to all questions.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:38 AM, mahandulai said:

good question,

bc the questions like does god exist, intrinsically we know the answer to all questions.

Exactly but don't u think there might just be a better way a different way you know?  Make the change when it's right infront. But to be real with you I seen this happening over the years. Just a plan for change but no action or very little then back to the old. So is there even a point to change it if it's mostly likely never happen?

pauVI ] (473-11)
pa-orhee.
Pauree:

sBu ko AwKY Awpxw ijsu nwhI so cuix kFIAY ] (473-11)
sabh ko aakhai aapnaa jis naahee so chun kadhee-ai.
All call You their own, Lord; one who does not own You, is picked up and thrown away.

kIqw Awpo Awpxw Awpy hI lyKw sMFIAY ] (473-12)
keetaa aapo aapnaa aapay hee laykhaa sandhee-ai.
Everyone receives the rewards of his own actions; his account is adjusted accordingly.

jw rhxw nwhI AYqu jig qw kwiequ gwrib hMFIAY ] (473-12)
jaa rahnaa naahee ait jag taa kaa-it gaarab handhee-ai.
Since one is not destined to remain in this world anyway, why should he ruin himself in pride?

mMdw iksY n AwKIAY piV AKru eyho buJIAY ] (473-13)
mandaa kisai na aakhee-ai parh akhar ayho bujhee-ai.
Do not call anyone bad; read these words, and understand.

mUrKY nwil n luJIAY ]19] (473-13)
moorkhai naal na lujhee-ai. ||19||
Don't argue with fools. ||19||

I tell you why I think many Sikhs can't be bothered to debate people from Abrahamic backgrounds - because it's boring. It just usually comes down to proof of miracles and pedantic debates about 'attributes' with certain people claiming God doesn't forgive giving him attributes regardless of the fact that their own conceptualisation has its own attributes. It's dumb. 

Then if you throw in the whole Adam and Eve thing (and who their children married) and dinosaurs it gets even more strange. 

Sikhi is spirituality, spirituality is an experience, it's as deep as the ocean, and as vast as the universe.   

Religion is a set of rules, a brick is a brick, a pen is pen   nothing more to it  that's religion ...

When other religions start becoming spiritual they start becoming more like sikhs,  like Christians who are spiritual