Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

9 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Well is it not the parents fault for not teaching Sikhi to their kids and hence they are not religious? 

Your saying its okay to follow the All american dream and marry children to non Sikhs? Is that how you will let your kids marry non sikhs?

If my kids have no interest in sikhi then I wouldn't be shocked of they marry non sikhs. You can't change the way adults think or tell then who they can marry.

If someone has absolute no interest in sikhi then why the hell would they be looking for "sikhi" in a person. They will obviously be open to anyone ... 

11 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Well is it not the parents fault for not teaching Sikhi to their kids and hence they are not religious? 

Your saying its okay to follow the All american dream and marry children to non Sikhs? Is that how you will let your kids marry non sikhs?

There are people raised in gursikh families and they have no interest in sikhi and are dating non sikhs, none of this is in your hands.

Just in the gupt section there is a post by a woman from amritdhari family who is a sleeping with a man who drinks and eats meat and even ended up pregnant. If your mind is like that then it will be like that regardless of how religious the family is that you come from.

As a parent you can't do much if your kid has no interest and wants to marry non sikhs.

3 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

no would not be ok with it and yes there would be objections....

and before the liberal extremists start getting all angry, 'throwing their toys out the pram' crying and screaming 'racist, racist, racist....', my advise to u is try to learn to try to stop thinking like whitey all the time, mentally toughen a bit and then actually contemplate on the potential consequences to diluting identity and culture and, believe it or not, faith...

now like it or not, almost all sikhs come from the same panjabi background - and that familiarity will always carry some favour in looking out for each other, helping in times of need etc. thats an obvious advantage in todays selfish world where every other community does just that..so why cant sikhs? are we supposed to reduce our already dwindling number just to support the western perception of sikhs being 'flower-power', 'powder-puff' softies? we're already struggling enough as it is...yes there are exceptions in the name of 'community' but it still exists in small parts - being non-existent in one area doesnt mean it no longer exists anymore....

secondly, logic suggests there would be a 50% likelihood in not passing panjabi language on to children - and language is critical, as we've already learnt in the diaspora where most who cant speak it and cant be bothered to learn actually become more westernised, taking themselves further away from sikhi....so the best way to describe the importance of panjabi language, in my mind, is like comparing it to the strength of those long, pale, stalky roots that keep plants/tree stumps firmly 'connected' in soil...if anyones ever tried to dig up one of those stumps, u'll know how tough they are....so basically without those firmly-entrenched roots, that plant/tree is as good as dead and easily influenced i.e. 'moved' by whoever handles it - panjabi girls are not as mentally tough as the older generations anymore and are way more likely to be influenced by forgetting the importance of teaching their mother tongue - and thats already happened in some 'inter-faith' cases too...

other losses include certain family values, eastern values that connect us to sikhi and gurmat thinking - so where's the logic in adding western values that are mostly gonna take u away from sikhi? can someone answer that? thinking, judgement, decisions, experiences and influences...these all have a huge impact on the psyche and rationale behind how we think, talk and behave etc... so thats something else to think about....

and that brings a gd point mentioned above...

as we already know, most girls today will date and get up to no gd, all sorts of kanjarpuna etc. so whos to say she aint already fooling around with whitey/blacky before deciding to take it further with marriage? she could have got herself pregnant then aborted - and then maybe feel guilty and obliged to marry...or maybe her idea of 'love' is just sexual 'lust'...or maybe she's just a rebellious liberal whos persuaded the outsider to become a 'sikh' for the wrong reasons e.g. money, social status...

same also applies to apne bande who are any of the above - weak, liberal and selfish etc...

Who benifits from the "number" that you are talking about ?

20 minutes ago, puzzled said:

There are people raised in gursikh families and they have no interest in sikhi and are dating non sikhs, none of this is in your hands.

Just in the gupt section there is a post by a woman from amritdhari family who is a sleeping with a man who drinks and eats meat and even ended up pregnant. If your mind is like that then it will be like that regardless of how religious the family is that you come from.

As a parent you can't do much if your kid has no interest and wants to marry non sikhs.

Carry on living the all American dream  if thats how you want to live your life. 

lol

I think the correct decision is we are Sikhs. People who say They are not Sikh to begin with are being silly. 

Who are you to decide who is a sikh. 

Maybe some are more religious and some are less. But we are Sikh and should be proud of that. 

If people like puzzled and other Sikhs want to happily marry their kids to non Sikhs then that is their own choice. But dont go saying all should follow your ways and choices. 

4 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Why are you playing with a homeless man's life.  He fulfilled your requirement.  He knows how you feminist like to party before the wedding.  Hes got his cart full with tin cans and real old fashion chair both of you can share on your engagement. And he is gender fluid.  You got yourself a perfect match.

Sorry, you made me laugh. I can’t do this anymore.