Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

If people like puzzled and other Sikhs want to happily marry their kids to non Sikhs then that is their own choice. But dont go saying all should follow your ways and choices. 

lmao   i dont have kids, im not even married yet haha! anyway but i would actually be very disappointed if my kids wanted to marry a non sikh, i would feel like i have very bad karam and that i did a messed up job of raising them. But like i said if my kids have no interest in sikhi then there is nothing that i can do ... 

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

If people like puzzled and other Sikhs want to happily marry their kids to non Sikhs then that is their own choice. But dont go saying all should follow your ways and choices. 

its interesting but sometimes you have a very similar personality with someone of a completely different background and you just click. Iv found myself drawn towards women of different backgrounds because we had very similar personalities and just clicked lol

it happens, but then you should not react upon it and just leave it as it is

iv had a crush on this Jamaican girl at work for a while now lol   but where from completely different cultures, race, religion, upbringing but when we met we just clicked lol. we have lunch at the same time and sit together but yesterday she didn't come to the canteen, i then asked a lady who works in her department why that girl didn't come up for lunch, and then i just thought to myself omg did i just get all upset and ask people why she wasnt at lunch lmao!   work is really boring and shes one of the few reasons that keeps me going lol  she makes me really happy and smile a lot lol 

i hope it remains a crush and not become anything else but sometimes i feel really close to her, i dont even think she likes me in that way, i thinks its just me lmao 

so i guess it happens you just randomly find yourself click and get close with random people from different backgrounds, but its important to stay grounded and disciplined and not act upon your feelings.

following your emotions and feelings can make you weak and lead you to making bad decisions 

2 hours ago, MichaelJackson said:

Do homeless drugged up white guys actually enter darbar hall at the gurdwara you frequent?

we actually have this Punjabi guy who sits in the darbar hall completely drunk out of his face, he snores really heavily while the granthi is reading paath. so sometimes the guys wake him up and carry him downstairs to the langar hall. 

we also had this homeless punjabi guy that used to come upstairs and sit in the darbar hall, he used to stink of alcohol and sometimes even swear 

If the youth dont want to listen to parents direction after countless times of directing them to sikhi and all they do is waste the parents hard earned money on a life of partying.  

Tell them either pay rent or there is the front door.  Today's generation thinks they can emotionally manipulate their parents to support their partying lifestyle without paying for anything.  Many have manipulated their parents to support them in doing the wildest things.  Some parents have gone to the extent of killing a Baby that was growing in their youth's womb.  Much of it has to do with family honor but once again the teen or youth girl is manipulating her mom because she messed up.

The Sikh youth have really gotten out of hand.  I would never advocate for kicking kids out.  Because it's a rebellious age and the phase will end soon. But these kids now are not rebellious.  They have set goals to manipulate their hardworking  Sikh parents to buy them everything and then get married to someone who doesn't want to support the parents in a time of need.  I say this because I have seen parents spend their life savings on their children and then they have to move into a basement after selling their house.  Yet their kids all buy homes and drive new cars.  Why should a parent pay for your education, expensive car, wedding, give you free food, let you live in their house when all you are going to do is kick them out?  

There needs to be more advocacy groups to helping parents plan for their old age as these new generation of Sikh youth will not be their for them.  Many end up in old folks homes and they are depressed.  I mean they used to love life until their own children stabbed them in the back and now they sit alone in a chair looking at strangers making small talk.  This new generation is the worst thing that could happen to mankind.

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

its interesting but sometimes you have a very similar personality with someone of a completely different background and you just click. Iv found myself drawn towards women of different backgrounds because we had very similar personalities and just clicked lol

it happens, but then you should not react upon it and just leave it as it is

iv had a crush on this Jamaican girl at work for a while now lol   but where from completely different cultures, race, religion, upbringing but when we met we just clicked  

i hope it remains a crush and not become anything else but sometimes i feel really close to her, i dont even think she likes me in that way, i thinks its just me lmao 

Since I’ve “assumed” the name of a man who was proud to be black until 1984, all I can say is you must be cautious because once you go black, you never go back!

2 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

If the youth dont want to listen to parents direction after countless times of directing them to sikhi and all they do is waste the parents hard earned money on a life of partying.  

Tell them either pay rent or there is the front door.  Today's generation thinks they can emotionally manipulate their parents to support their partying lifestyle without paying for anything.  Many have manipulated their parents to support them in doing the wildest things.  Some parents have gone to the extent of killing a Baby that was growing in their youth's womb.  Much of it has to do with family honor but once again the teen or youth girl is manipulating her mom because she messed up.

The Sikh youth have really gotten out of hand.  I would never advocate for kicking kids out.  Because it's a rebellious age and the phase will end soon. But these kids now are not rebellious.  They have set goals to manipulate their hardworking  Sikh parents to buy them everything and then get married to someone who doesn't want to support the parents in a time of need.  I say this because I have seen parents spend their life savings on their children and then they have to move into a basement after selling their house.  Yet their kids all buy homes and drive new cars.  Why should a parent pay for your education, expensive car, wedding, give you free food, let you live in their house when all you are going to do is kick them out?  

There needs to be more advocacy groups to helping parents plan for their old age as these new generation of Sikh youth will not be their for them.  Many end up in old folks homes and they are depressed.  I mean they used to love life until their own children stabbed them in the back and now they sit alone in a chair looking at strangers making small talk.  This new generation is the worst thing that could happen to mankind.

lol not all of us are like that, i would never do any of the stuff you just described above 

but yes your right iv seen a lot of kids do that to their parents 

14 hours ago, BhForce said:

First, a lot of people might be skeptical of an "instant" Sikh. But if that's not an issue,

Second, the fact that marrying a Sikh of a different race is allowed does not mean that you can date.

Dating is not allowed in Sikhism.

So the answer to your question is "No", a Sikh would not be OK with his daughter marrying a white, black, Khatri, Jatt, Ravidasia, Tamil, or whatever Sikh.

Rather the question is whether you would marry him to one of those.

Dating is not allowed in Sikhism? ? Please back up that assertion. 

13 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

no would not be ok with it and yes there would be objections....

and before the liberal extremists start getting all angry, 'throwing their toys out the pram' crying and screaming 'racist, racist, racist....', my advise to u is try to learn to try to stop thinking like whitey all the time, mentally toughen a bit and then actually contemplate on the potential consequences to diluting identity and culture and, believe it or not, faith...

now like it or not, almost all sikhs come from the same panjabi background - and that familiarity will always carry some favour in looking out for each other, helping in times of need etc. thats an obvious advantage in todays selfish world where every other community does just that..so why cant sikhs? are we supposed to reduce our already dwindling number just to support the western perception of sikhs being 'flower-power', 'powder-puff' softies? we're already struggling enough as it is...yes there are exceptions in the name of 'community' but it still exists in small parts - being non-existent in one area doesnt mean it no longer exists anymore....

secondly, logic suggests there would be a 50% likelihood in not passing panjabi language on to children - and language is critical, as we've already learnt in the diaspora where most who cant speak it and cant be bothered to learn actually become more westernised, taking themselves further away from sikhi....so the best way to describe the importance of panjabi language, in my mind, is like comparing it to the strength of those long, pale, stalky roots that keep plants/tree stumps firmly 'connected' in soil...if anyones ever tried to dig up one of those stumps, u'll know how tough they are....so basically without those firmly-entrenched roots, that plant/tree is as good as dead and easily influenced i.e. 'moved' by whoever handles it - panjabi girls are not as mentally tough as the older generations anymore and are way more likely to be influenced by forgetting the importance of teaching their mother tongue - and thats already happened in some 'inter-faith' cases too...

other losses include certain family values, eastern values that connect us to sikhi and gurmat thinking - so where's the logic in adding western values that are mostly gonna take u away from sikhi? can someone answer that? thinking, judgement, decisions, experiences and influences...these all have a huge impact on the psyche and rationale behind how we think, talk and behave etc... so thats something else to think about....

and that brings a gd point mentioned above...

as we already know, most girls today will date and get up to no gd, all sorts of kanjarpuna etc. so whos to say she aint already fooling around with whitey/blacky before deciding to take it further with marriage? she could have got herself pregnant then aborted - and then maybe feel guilty and obliged to marry...or maybe her idea of 'love' is just sexual 'lust'...or maybe she's just a rebellious liberal whos persuaded the outsider to become a 'sikh' for the wrong reasons e.g. money, social status...

same also applies to apne bande who are any of the above - weak, liberal and selfish etc...

Just would like to point out that atleast 3 of the first khalsa singhs were born outside of the panjab