Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

38 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Before we go any further you know this forum can be seen by any age group.  If you want women to treat another woman in some promiscuous way.   Keep that thought in your mind and only there.  

Your binary thinking thinks in one way.

If this is talking about lust, yes it is geared towards men but if this is talking about other things greater than just mere lust in your conduct towards women then it needs to be looked into further depth.

15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think this translation is quite flawed. If we took a more literal approach it could read:

When [one] sees good (note the word 'chungian' here!) women, perceive them as mothers, sisters and daughters. 

The question then is what about when we see not so 'chungian' women? 

then the other pangtian regarding nindian chugli , ahankar, nastiks, kaam give clear indication of what to do , run away run away , do not associate etc .

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Your binary thinking thinks in one way.

If this is talking about lust, yes it is geared towards men but if this is talking about other things greater than just mere lust in your conduct towards women then it needs to be looked into further depth.

No, the threads name is marrying another race who is Sikh and than one self hating punjabi said, why can't we date? @BhForce provided proof to treat every women as either mother daughter or sister and you come up with a naive assertion of but it doesn't say how woman should treat other woman.  In this context your assertion made no sense other than to accept it as some how woman have a lope hole on how they should treat other woman in regarding promiscuity.  Even in this post you were unable to point out what exactly your were referring too.  Instead you accuse me of being a right wing thinker compared to you the holy feminist of non binary'ism'.  Even @BhForce had to write, not as a sexual partner of course.'  Now we see the back peddling from you by blaming others to have unclean thinking and you are not willing to define exactly what type of relationship you were referring too.   

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

No, the threads name is marrying another race who is Sikh and than one self hating punjabi said, why can't we date? @BhForce provided proof to treat every women as either mother daughter or sister and you come up with a naive assertion of but it doesn't say how woman should treat other woman.  In this context your assertion made no sense other than to accept it as some how woman have a lope hole on how they should treat other woman in regarding promiscuity.  Even in this post you were unable to point out what exactly your were referring too.  Instead you accuse me of being a right wing thinker compared to you the holy feminist of non binary'ism'.  Even @BhForce had to write, not as a sexual partner of course.'  Now we see the back peddling from you by blaming others to have unclean thinking and you are not willing to define exactly what type of relationship you were referring too.   

Of course you are absolutely correct

19 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

This seems to be directed towards men in their relationship with women.

However, it does not provide context of how women should treat other women.

Some lines that show how Sikhs should view other Sikhs/women/sisters/friends (hint--don't be catty):

ਆਵਹੁ ਭੈਣੇ ਗਲਿ ਮਿਲਹ ਅੰਕਿ ਸਹੇਲੜੀਆਹ ॥

Come, my dear sisters and spiritual companions; hug me close in your embrace.

ਮਿਲਿ ਕੈ ਕਰਹ ਕਹਾਣੀਆ ਸੰਮ੍ਰਥ ਕੰਤ ਕੀਆਹ ॥

Let's join together, and tell stories of our All-powerful Husband Lord.

ਆਵਹੁ ਭੈਣੇ ਤੁਸੀ ਮਿਲਹੁ ਪਿਆਰੀਆ ॥

Come, dear sisters-let us join together.

ਜੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਦਸੇ ਤਿਸ ਕੈ ਹਉ ਵਾਰੀਆ ॥

I am a sacrifice to the one who tells me of my Beloved.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਖੀ ਸਹੇਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਦੇਵਹੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਜੀਵਾਇਆ ॥

O Gurmukhs O my female friends and companions give me the gift of the Lord's Name, the life of my very life.

ਹਮ ਹੋਵਹ ਲਾਲੇ ਗੋਲੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖਾ ਕੇ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥੧॥

I am the slave, the servant of the Guru's Sikhs, who meditate on the Lord God, the Primal Being, night and day. ||1||

ਮੇਰੈ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਬਿਰਹੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਪਗ ਲਾਇਆ ॥

Within my mind and body, I have enshrined love for the feet of the Guru's Sikhs.

ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਸਖਾ ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਸਿਖ ਭਾਈ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਕਰਹੁ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

O my life-mates, O Sikhs of the Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, instruct me in the Teachings, that I might merge in the Lord's Merger. ||1||Pause||

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਮੇਰੀ ਭੈਨਾ ॥

As Gurmukh, listen to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O my sisters.
ਏਕੋ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਘਟ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਮੁਖਿ ਬੋਲਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬੈਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The One Lord is pervading and permeating deep within the heart; with your mouth, recite the Ambrosial Hymns of the Guru. ||1||Pause||

13 hours ago, BhForce said:

Exactly. Thanks for your answer, by the way.

You wouldn't date your sister (and neither should anyone else).

And we're told to treat women other than your wife as sisters. 

Therefore, you wouldn't date anyone that you're not married to.

You seem to have a very interesting view of dating.. The subtext of what you are saying is that it is somehow inherently bad.. Dating can be as simple as meeting someone to find out if you want to be in relationship get married even.. I'm guessing you're married? If so did you meet your spouse before marriage before making your decision or getting married?

On 1/27/2019 at 7:11 AM, BhForce said:

It's one thing for me or other experienced posters on this website to write "Please back up that assertion". I did that very thing when I asked someone to post where it says the soul enters a baby at 3 months of gestation. Of course, there is no such line.

It's very different for you, who doesn't even read Gurbani, to arrogantly ask "Please back up that assertion".

It would be fine for you to humbly ask, but not to imply that the assertion is unfounded.

Anyways, see here: 

Secondly: 

Tell me whether you would date your sister. Yes or no.

BTW since I was gracious enough to answer your question maybe you could answer mine instead of being evasive? 

I'm still waiting for you to back up your original assertion with some reference.. Otherwise it is just your opinion and not gurmat! 

5 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

BTW since I was gracious enough to answer your question maybe you could answer mine instead of being evasive? 

You're right, you were gracious in answering straightforwardly.

I didn't mean to be evasive, but I agree I was terse. The reason I was terse was because I didn't think a whole lot of further elucidation was required.

It would be if someone asked if we can embezzle money, and I replied with the verse that says you have to treat other's money as Muslims treat pork and Hindus beef.

So I posted

ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈਆ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਜਾਣੈ

I.e., you have to treat women who are not your wife as your mother, sister, or daughter.

And, on the off chance that you thought that you could date your sister, I went ahead and clarified, and you said no.

So that settles that.

Although, because you dispute this, I will follow up with another post.

6 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

You seem to have a very interesting view of dating..

It is no different a view than has always existed in our Panth, from the very beginning (Guru Nanak Dev ji's wedding forward).

It only seems "interesting" because you're operating from a Westerner's perspective. Remove your head from his boots, and suddenly the view will become clearer, bro.

The subtext of what you are saying is that it is somehow inherently bad..

It is inherently bad ... depending on what you or I mean by "dating".

Dating can be as simple as meeting someone to find out if you want to be in relationship get married even

Well, I suppose if that's how you want to define it.

However, do this experiment: Tell a Westerner friend that one of your Sikh friends was going to get married, and he went with his family to the girl's house and she and her family met him.

And then ask your Westerner friend if he would consider that a date.