Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

13 minutes ago, BhForce said:

It is no different a view than has always existed in our Panth, from the very beginning (Guru Nanak Dev ji's wedding forward).

It only seems "interesting" because you're operating from a Westerner's perspective. Remove your head from his boots, and suddenly the view will become clearer, bro.

It is inherently bad ... depending on what you or I mean by "dating".

Well, I suppose if that's how you want to define it.

However, do this experiment: Tell a Westerner friend that one of your Sikh friends was going to get married, and he went with his family to the girl's house and she and her family met him.

And then ask your Westerner friend if he would consider that a date.

Very interesting. Why are you bothered how the westerner defines it. If someone went with their family or it is still essentially a a pre-marriage meeting when the other person is clearly not either your sister or wife but someone. So your binary logic just doesn't work? Also you didn't answer the question whether or not you met your wife before marriage.. In which ever circumstances? 

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very interesting. Why are you bothered how the westerner defines it. If someone went with their family or it is still essentially a a pre-marriage meeting when the other person is clearly not either your sister or wife but someone. So your binary logic just doesn't work? Also you didn't answer the question whether or not you met your wife before marriage.. In which ever circumstances? 

Leftist are changing definition to confuse the public.  When it comes to abortion they changed the meaning of life threatening circumstances to the mother.  Any normal person would think this means the mother would die if the pregnancy continued.   But this is not how its actually defined for when a pregnancy can be aborted after 24 weeks.  The women could be going through stress or the boy friend leaves and these reason are enough to murder the baby even in the 9th month and are classified as life threatening circumstances to the mother. 

In similar manner this poster has changed the meaning of dating to misguide what dating actually means to every individual who understands western culture.   Meeting someone for a quick meet among parents is not dating by any means.  This cunning behavior is actually what everyone should have a problem with, regardless of where someone sits on this topic.  This is why members here refuse to discuss with this member.  

Mind-blowing, @Sukhvirk1976

Why are you bothered how the westerner defines it.

Because we are talking in English on a board where the majority of posters are living in Western countries. The whole concept of dating came from the West to us.

Asking "why are you concerned with the Western definition of dating" is like asking "why are you concerned with the Punjabi definition of maya". It's a Punjabi/Indian word, for crying out loud.

1. You surely accept the concept of dating is Western, do you not?

2. If not, go ahead and tell us the Punjabi word for dating.

Also you didn't answer the question whether or not you met your wife before marriage.. In which ever circumstances? 

Well, since you answered my question about whether you would date your sister (I did not ask whether you dated your sister, I asked a theoretical question about whether you would), I will return the favor by saying that no, I see no more reason to meet a marriage match than Guru Nanak ji did, or Bhai Mani Singh did, or anyone else did before the British showed up in our land.

I would like to ask: If you disagree, then please state whether you are arguing from Sikh tradition or Western mores.

6 hours ago, BhForce said:

Well, since you answered my question about whether you would date your sister (I did not ask whether you dated your sister, I asked a theoretical question about whether you would), I will return the favor by saying that no, I see no more reason to meet a marriage match than Guru Nanak ji did, or Bhai Mani Singh did, or anyone else did before the British showed up in our land.

I would like to ask: If you disagree, then please state whether you are arguing from Sikh tradition or Western mores.

So you never met your spouse or had any contact whatsoever before marriage? 

12 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

So you never met your spouse or had any contact whatsoever before marriage? 

What are you even doing, bro?

I made an entirely uncontroversial statement that dating is not allowed in Sikhism.

Now you want to ask me if I ever so much as said hello to my wife (if i have one) before the conclusion of the 4 lavan and ardas??

Talk about moving the goalposts!

Also, I already answered your question. Why do you feel a need to ask a second time?

4 hours ago, BhForce said:

What are you even doing, bro?

I made an entirely uncontroversial statement that dating is not allowed in Sikhism.

Now you want to ask me if I ever so much as said hello to my wife (if i have one) before the conclusion of the 4 lavan and ardas??

Talk about moving the goalposts!

Also, I already answered your question. Why do you feel a need to ask a second time?

When the feminist @Sukhvirk1976 lose in a discussion they start to become personal.  They are very petty.  

These feminists will be telling Sri Guru Angad Dev ji, who are you to tell people not to worship a devi?  You worshipped one therefore you can't tell anyone not too.

Again these people are very petty.  They are the same people who will try to execute Gurmukhs if they get the chance.  They worship the devil.

On 1/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Very interesting.

Look, I just wanted to say that I realized that this all might seem totally new to you, just because of your background. Maybe nobody ever told you that Sikhs aren't supposed to date, and that's why you think it's "interesting" what I stated.

I assure you that I'm not making anything up, and there are multiple other tuks where that one came from.

It's a well accepted a

spect of our religion.

I accept that you have a desire to firmly know the basis for a belief, too, and that's fine.

Do please answer these questions that I asked above (they are not personal):

1. You surely accept the concept of dating is Western, do you not?

2. If not, go ahead and tell us the Punjabi word for dating.

3. State whether you are arguing from from Sikh tradition or Western mores.

18 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

When the feminist @Sukhvirk1976 lose in a discussion they start to become personal.  They are very petty.  

These feminists will be telling Sri Guru Angad Dev ji, who are you to tell people not to worship a devi?  You worshipped one therefore you can't tell anyone not too.

Again these people are very petty.  They are the same people who will try to execute Gurmukhs if they get the chance.  They worship the devil.

Oh please. You basically want to pontificate and talk about stuff without using anything of any substance to support your views