Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

apart from my wifes parents and siblings i dont think i need to know her massi, pua, mama, chacha etc and the rest of them 

Going back home is the worse. It's like you're kidnapped and taken to 40 different houses of relatives you don't know and are paraded around, whilst being force fed. What the hell!

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If you are western born and raised Sikh living in a western environment it's a no brainer. 

We are a product of our environment. 

Yea it is a no brainer, Sikhs will follow Gurmat, which is not to date.  

Don't lump others with you.  You are easily influenced by a woman exterior shell.

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

most punjabi families are are broken up, but they keep talking and put on a show to look good in front of everyone else

most of the chat on tables at punjabi weddings is gossiping and slagging each other off. 

i have very little involvement with relatives, and once im married i would like to break it completely off, i dont need them  

You live under a rock to think only punjabi families go through this.  

27 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Going back home is the worse. It's like you're kidnapped and taken to 40 different houses of relatives you don't know and are paraded around, whilst being force fed. What the hell!

While in India we actualy have had "family" running after us with cups of milk or tea and blocking the gate and saying we have to have at least a sip and then they will let us go

The actualy physically block the gates and not let us go out and force us to have a sip 

Maybe it's a cultural thing in India to do that to your guests but I don't like it

Every house you go to they had you drink milk

My dad was like assi pench#d dodh peeke behmaar ho jana 

My thai also used to force me to drink milk every night and if I didn't want it she would tell me I have to drink a sip and if I didn't she would get upset.

The milk was ugly and lumpy and tastes horrible 

I seriously felt like I had to start taking my anti depressant tablets again. I got so depressed with the family harassing me and force feeding me that I actually got depressed and stopped talking, I felt mentally challenged, my parents got worried and ket askin why im not talking and kepr telling me we only got a week left and then we will be back home. 

I hate going there because of the reltives

Its mental torture