Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

6 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

all tht sound like years of careful study to u?

He was talking about the yogi bhajan cult.  The one that used and uses Sikhi as a way to make money.  Dance to Gurbani, have yoga as their central teaching but say Sikhi in videos to confuse their true intentions. They support tantric sex because yogi bhajan.  But you know what, they are better Sikhs because the white complexion makes them right. 

Guest GuestSingh
On 1/27/2019 at 12:10 AM, Akalifauj said:

Culture plays a huge role.  A punjabi Sikh can marry a white Sikh but have the white Sikhs parents accepted Sikhi.  No, so when this couple have kids the grandparents would instill their culture on the child when they are taking care of them for time to time.  Just look at the yogi bhajan cult.  They aren't Sikh but no matter how much influence they had on them from a punjabi culture they still dont ever accept Gurmat.  Gurmat has a culture which is close to traditional punjabi culture.  Parts of  Christian's culture was similar to traditional punjabi culture but never the same.  And Christian's have completely abandoned it 100's a year ago

thts my point...

deep down these ppl actually detest the idea of their child adopting the identity of a sikh - and they will try their best to talk em out of it and change their mind...so hows tht supposed to help the children or family? aint tht just common sense?

we all know sikhs are against caste...but even some of the gurus married within their own since ways of living, certain habits, cultural social norms all differ across sub-communities...

we dont need to completely abandon ourselves like whitey...

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

Your logic is too strong. We lose dude, you are too bright for us.  We have never thought about the thought provoking questions you ask ever on this site.  Forget about ever answering your simple minded ignorant post.  Did I slip up there.  My bad wise one.   How would this site ever go on without you.   Please bless us with your grace more often.  

Well it appears that you managed to something quite extraordinary. Which is not only simultaneously respond to my post and not answer the question, What was a really simple question.

But, you also managed to somehow convince yourself that you might be funny ? 

I'll take it you don't have any sources and confirm that you did slip up 

@Sukhvirk1976 dont mind him.  He is here only to cast doubt on clearly laid out beliefs Sikhs have.  He wants to take a p1ss on our belief system in the name of hes got nothing else better to do in life.  Hes sitting behind his desktop going...Let's go on a forum where Sikhs are discussing their Community issues and Gurbani and make a mockery of them.  Yea, I'm the tough guy now.  I can't go after terrorists who rape, murder, groom innocent people cuz I am scared they will really hurt me.  Track me down and beat me till I say, i accept Islam.  No am I going after the peaceful Sikhs who help others.  I'm going to show them.

No mate I don't want to take the p**s out of anyone belief system.. Don't overreach and assume things about me 

@Sukhvirk1976 dont mind him.  He is here only to cast doubt on clearly laid out beliefs Sikhs have.  He wants to take a p1ss on our belief system in the name of hes got nothing else better to do in life.  Hes sitting behind his desktop going...Let's go on a forum where Sikhs are discussing their Community issues and Gurbani and make a mockery of them.  Yea, I'm the tough guy now.  I can't go after terrorists who rape, murder, groom innocent people cuz I am scared they will really hurt me.  Track me down and beat me till I say, i accept Islam.  No am I going after the peaceful Sikhs who help others.  I'm going to show them.

Dude as you wrote that did the irony not slap you in the face.. I'm guessing you tapped out that msg in between tackling "terrorists who rape, murder, groom innocent people" 

Do me a favour.. It's not your belief system that you are talking about.. If it was only your own delusions you were pontificating upon I would have no axe to grind. But you are not talking about your belief system since you don't own it. You are talking about sikhi.. And you better believe I love it just as much as you.. And if I was as so judgemental as you I would say you are the one undermining it

So let's stick to what we know. If we have questions let's ask them.. Who knows what the answer is.. We should draw upon bani, history. But we should be able to back it up.. Otherwise its just hearsay..

Fix up look sharp 

Guest GuestSingh
1 hour ago, Amit12 said:

Lemme rephrase it, "Who benifits from "increase in number" that you were talking about ? 

never said 'increase in number' - my words were 'already dwindling number' in ref. to numbers both in panjab and outside it among the diaspora....

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

lmao   i dont have kids, im not even married yet haha! anyway but i would actually be very disappointed if my kids wanted to marry a non sikh, i would feel like i have very bad karam and that i did a messed up job of raising them. But like i said if my kids have no interest in sikhi then there is nothing that i can do ... 

It doesn't matter if your kids don't have any interest in "sikhi". 

They can and should marry other Sikhs who are not religious or not very religious (wedding/funeral Gurdwara goers).

That's what Jews do.

What's wrong with Sikhs?

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

i hope it remains a crush and not become anything else but sometimes i feel really close to her, i dont even think she likes me in that way, i thinks its just me lmao 

Think with your brain, not with your tool, bro.

ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈਆ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਭੈਣਾਂ ਧੀਆਂ ਜਾਣੈ।

Daykhi Praaeeaan Changeeaan Maavaan Bhainaan Dheeaan Jaanai |

The Sikh ought to treat women of others as his mothers, sisters, and daughters.

Vaar 29, Pauri 11

It's  nice that she has a nice personality and it's pleasant to talk with her. 

Let me ask you this: does your sister have a nice personality and it's pleasant to talk with her?

OK, so would you then marry her?

Why not?

Sikhism says to treat that hot Jamaican girl as your sister.

8 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Really? Please provide some evidence for that assertion 

Really? This has been discussed a number of times.

People in favor of interfaith marriages were simply unable to answer basic questions.

You bring this question up again only so it seems to new readers that you have a point to make.

The fact is, if you and your fiancee don't believe in any religion, get married, who cares?

But if you believe in one set of principles or rules or maryada or schedules for prayer, food, ethics, etc., how are you going to have a married life? And what do you teach the kids?

So, it's blindingly obvious that two people who are of different religions can't get married.

But two people of different religions who don't follow them can get married.