Anyoone here with ASD and ADHD ?

Guest wannabesingh

Guest wannabesingh

vjk vjkf,

Are there people here who have ASD and ADHD ? Are you a amritdhari ?  I am someone who has ASD and ADHD and many mental health problems with trauma. I wish to come a singh, but I feel that sikhi  won't be able to deal with me.  I struggle with concept of sangat, and have been avoiding going to the gurdwara. I used to go a lot, but i find it difficult now. I probably won't be responding back, just wanted to know if there is anyone here. I live in the GTA if that makes a difference... anyway... 

I feel that punjabi guys are very judgemental, and I am just don't want to be ostracized with sikhs. I already struggling with my belief.   

Thank You everyone

VJK VJKF

Guest GuestSingh

brother sikhi can deal with anyone...from murderers and prostitutes to traitors and thieves..and all were given mercy by guru ji...so what makes u any worse than them?

and most ppl judge each other no matter who 'perfect' they appear so dnt let this put u off and doubt urself, ur sikhi and ur beliefs - accept who u r and work on anything u feel can improve to make u better...

ppl come and go and never stick around so dont worry about it - just worry about urself for now...

if u havent already done so, try listening to waheguru simran - this will calm ur mind and really make u feel at ease...then once u see feel some improvement maybe start doing the same wiv bani and listen to katha/ history so u can inspire and empower urself - cuz no-one else can do it for u...

dont have these conditions but have met ppl with em and still stuck around em so pls dnt think all panjabis are the same - we're not and there's good and bad everywhere...

all the best...

On 1/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Guest wannabesingh said:

vjk vjkf,

Are there people here who have ASD and ADHD ? Are you a amritdhari ?  I am someone who has ASD and ADHD and many mental health problems with trauma. I wish to come a singh, but I feel that sikhi  won't be able to deal with me.  I struggle with concept of sangat, and have been avoiding going to the gurdwara. I used to go a lot, but i find it difficult now. I probably won't be responding back, just wanted to know if there is anyone here. I live in the GTA if that makes a difference... anyway... 

I feel that punjabi guys are very judgemental, and I am just don't want to be ostracized with sikhs. I already struggling with my belief.   

Thank You everyone

VJK VJKF

vjkk vjkf iam a amritdhari singh age 17 and i have ADHD i have alot o people especially punjabis giving me greif but guru sahibh gived u strength please personal message me for any advice also mods please approve this post

I'd like to know how you've been classified to have this condition? I used to struggle with focus at school, and be very hyper active at times (this was before people really started recognising ADHD etc.). I had a pretty rough childhood too but later I went to uni and was a very good student better than a lot of people who didn't bunk school and mess around a lot like I did when I was young. 

I genuinely believe that sustained simran over time can help big time with such conditions myself, because neurologically speaking one of the things you are doing is trying to focus on one thing and doing that, and getting better at it, crosses over to other aspects of your life. 

That's one of the more practical aspects of simran outside of the spiritual.