Sikhism in Austria

puzzled

1 hour ago, MahadrasSingh said:

Was he part of the Austro-hungarian forces?  It may be possible considering at the time it was one of the most diverse armies. Or it could be that he was in the British forces on some mission there since we dont have the pics of him, perhaps you could send a scan of it to a history subreddit and see what they come up with.

59 minutes ago, MahadrasSingh said:

If possible look through the british archieves for something on involvement in the 1910s in the austrohungarian empire, maybe something will come up, by 1920 around 600000 foreigners were in austria alone, it does not sound that crazy a sikh would be there

Thanks man that was really helpful, I'm gonna search that.

His uniform has white belt just under his chest. He was mona so is wearing like one of those hats with the strap that goes under the chin. 

Guest German speaker

So I know a little Austrian History through studying German.

1910s Austria was an amazing time  - Vienna was one of the major centers of European culture and education and awash with major names or art, literature and psychology. 1930s - 1940s was a darker time with the Anschluss and WWII. 

There have been Austrians in the Punjab - Baron von Hugel was a botonist and explore who visited during the 1830s, and Johann Martin Honigberger was a doctor there around the same time. But I've never come across Sikhs in Austria before WWII. 

There are alot of archives online - like birth records and burial records. If you know where they were in Austria, I could probably help more. Was he part of the Austrian army or the British Army in Austria? 

19 hours ago, Guest German speaker said:

So I know a little Austrian History through studying German.

1910s Austria was an amazing time  - Vienna was one of the major centers of European culture and education and awash with major names or art, literature and psychology. 1930s - 1940s was a darker time with the Anschluss and WWII. 

There have been Austrians in the Punjab - Baron von Hugel was a botonist and explore who visited during the 1830s, and Johann Martin Honigberger was a doctor there around the same time. But I've never come across Sikhs in Austria before WWII. 

There are alot of archives online - like birth records and burial records. If you know where they were in Austria, I could probably help more. Was he part of the Austrian army or the British Army in Austria? 

I think he was in the Austrian army. There is a photo of him as a 6 year old with his father in Austria, so he could of been born in Austria. So I doubt he was in the British army.