Why did the Guru Ji build a mosque

Redoptics

From what I read guru ji built a city and made it into a proper fortified city to protect the people from getting harrassed by the mughalz   that city is called hargobindpur, when the sikhs and Hindus started moving in the Muslims turned around and said they want to come too. Remember that even though pakis and indian Muslims love talking about the mughals they too were treated bad by the mughals.  

So to make them feel part of the city guru ji built a mosque and I think he also got a mandir built for th Hindus in that city, can someone confirm that ? Because I think he did ...

The other day this lady gave me an interesting perspective on Jesus and said that "Jesus" was a message from God and not a person but over time the revelation was personified and made into a man and pagan stuff was added.

9 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Sikhs do not agree with many beliefs of other faiths. But we should  respect them non the less. That is the philosophy of our teachings. 

Just as we would hope that other religions respect our beliefs if they go against others peoples religious teachings. 

Even though the teachings go against the teachings within Guru Grant Sahib Ji. 

13 minutes ago, puzzled said:

From what I read guru ji built a city and made it into a proper fortified city to protect the people from getting harrassed by the mughalz   that city is called hargobindpur, when the sikhs and Hindus started moving in the Muslims turned around and said they want to come too. Remember that even though pakis and indian Muslims love talking about the mughals they too were treated bad by the mughals.  

So to make them feel part of the city guru ji built a mosque and I think he also got a mandir built for th Hindus in that city, can someone confirm that ? Because I think he did ...

The other day this lady gave me an interesting perspective on Jesus and said that "Jesus" was a message from God and not a person but over time the revelation was personified and made into a man and pagan stuff was added.

Hmmmm maybe this has something to do with karma, a mosque is just a building,  if the individual doesn't understand the teachings within their book and just blindly follows , then its up to them. 

Watched another one of those ancient aliens lol in some old paintings of Mary and Jesus they say there is a spaceship in the paintings lol the immaculate conception  was actually Mary being artificially inseminated by you guess it aliens lol

THECONFESSIONALS1.JPG.jpg

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Right. It's important to keep that in mind.

A new city was being planned, and religious places were built for various groups.

It's not like Guru Sahib had any special love for the Muslims.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:52 AM, Redoptics said:

This question has perplexed for a long time.

First of I'm a Sikh and cut hair and still learning and want to apologise to anybody who takes offence.

Ok I do not know why One of our Guru's built a mosque for the Muslims when in their book , they dont treat women the same , they have a 50 year old profit having *** with a under age child.

The only thing that makes sense, is they didn't read their book(which i dont believe) or their book has been changed so much since our Guru's time.

Also why do people say Jesus is a prophet,  when he us jus a metaphor for the sun? Everything Jesus has done is what the sun does, he is the SON of god.

Like I said not to offend just want a discussion. 

metaphor for the sun ? what on earth are you smokin

I think the story of Guru Hargobind building a mosque for Muslims is pretty dubious. I doubt there is any evidence for this. Before Guru Hargobind founded Sri Hargobindpur, the previous Guru had founded other cities and yet in none of these did they built mosques. Kartarpur Sahib, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, Kiratpur Sahib and then Anandpur Sahib by the Gurus after Guru Hargobind. If there is any truth to the story then it relates to some particular context because if it was something that Sikhs needed to do then the other Gurus would have done the same thing. There is no doubt there are mosques in all the cities founded by the Gurus but these are there because Muslims settled in these cities and built these mosques. Its probably the same with the mosque at Sri Hargobindpur. 

2 minutes ago, proactive said:

I think the story of Guru Hargobind building a mosque for Muslims is pretty dubious. I doubt there is any evidence for this. Before Guru Hargobind founded Sri Hargobindpur, the previous Guru had founded other cities and yet in none of these did they built mosques. Kartarpur Sahib, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, Kiratpur Sahib and then Anandpur Sahib by the Gurus after Guru Hargobind. If there is any truth to the story then it relates to some particular context because if it was something that Sikhs needed to do then the other Gurus would have done the same thing. There is no doubt there are mosques in all the cities founded by the Gurus but these are there because Muslims settled in these cities and built these mosques. Its probably the same with the mosque at Sri Hargobindpur. 

I think there is evidence and it is called Guru Ki Maseet. Maharaaj is Daya De Ghar and I wouldn't doubt that he did. He didn't care what religion you were. Just follow Waheguru ji with all your heart.