Is it better to join the Army or Armed Police?

Should i join the Army? Or should i join Armed police?

Armed police have authority over civilians where as Soldiers don't. So wouldn't i have more power if i was an armed policemem instead of soldier?

I feel like being a soldier and joining the Army infantry.

What do you think i should do? Which is better?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
2 hours ago, NonExistant said:

Should i join the Army? Or should i join Armed police?

Armed police have authority over civilians where as Soldiers don't. So wouldn't i have more power if i was an armed policemem instead of soldier?

I feel like being a soldier and joining the Army infantry.

What do you think i should do? Which is better?

Both are good respectable jobs. I would say do what you would enjoy most. 

It is a dangerous job obviously which you probably already know. But great satisfaction as you are doing a job that is highly honoured and respected. I will also show Sikhs in a good light. 

Edited by Big_Tera

I’m not sure. Always troubling to understand the army part. I read many chardikala Jeevans of many soldiers during 50’s/60’s etc.

15 hours ago, NonExistant said:

UK

OK, well the late Bhai Jagraj Singh served in the UK Army and apparently it was a good experience for him, so you might want to consider it. 

Good luck.

Why would you want to be used and abused for UK material gain such as in Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen etc...you want to be a soldier then be a soldier the type Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Maharaj was.  Do you know how many white british army personnel are upset with being used by Jeremy Hunt for personal and political gain

Edited by singh598

1 hour ago, singh598 said:

Why would you want to be used and abused for UK material gain such as in Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen etc...you want to be a soldier then be a soldier the type Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Maharaj was.  Do you know how many white british army personnel are upset with being used by Jeremy Hunt for personal and political gain

To help fight the terrorists 

49 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Why do you want to put your life on the line defending corrupt governments/systems?

What if you was attacked by a gun man who was committing a crime. Would you refuse the help of the original poster as you believe they are representing a corrupt government?

Most likely you would sh1t your pants and hope the original poster came to your aid. 

1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

What if you was attacked by a gun man who was committing a crime. Would you refuse the help of the original poster as you believe they are representing a corrupt government?

Most likely you would sh1t your pants and hope the original poster came to your aid. 

Where in my post did I say anything about individual police officers?

All I am saying is that there is a better way of making a living than putting your life on the line for (in many instances) morally ambiguous reasons.  This is more true of the military than the police.

8 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Where in my post did I say anything about individual police officers?

All I am saying is that there is a better way of making a living than putting your life on the line for (in many instances) morally ambiguous reasons.  This is more true of the military than the police.

You clearly said, "why would you put your life on the line for corrupt governments" Which essentially means you would not do the job of being and armed police officer. You are basically discouraging him from doing the honorable and brave job of protecting the public crime. 

Your obviously to sh1t scared to to the job yourself. Then why interfere with someone that has got the ballz to do it. 

Get back to hiding under your bed next time you hear a loud noise and let the real men do what they can to protect your sorry good for nothing a$$. 

Edited by Big_Tera

7 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

You clearly said why would you put your life on the line for corrupt governments. Which essentially means why would you do the job of being and armed police officer. You are basically discovering him from doing the honorable and brave job of protecting the public crime. 

Your obviously to sh1t scared to to the job yourself. Then why interfere with someone that has got the ballz to do it. 

Get back to hiding under your bed next time you hear a loud noise and let the real men do what they can to protect your sorry good for nothing a$$. 

Before you go around insulting others, you should learn how to write properly.

Anyway, you are obviously hot-headed and immature.  And I am not impressed by your bravado.  Calm down a little bit and think about the situation carefully.  There is a difference between doing honorable work protecting those who need it and getting mixed up in a world filled with moral ambiguity where you may be doing (or be asked to do) a lot of harm (in addition to putting your life on the line).  My grandfather was a police officer, and things aren't as simple as you try to make them out to be.

I am "interfering" with my advice because I'm not a teenager who thinks that everything in life is about having the "ballz" to do something or not.  What is the point of potentially dying over something stupid? 

Edited by californiasardar1

8 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Before you go around insulting others, you should learn how to write properly.

Anyway, you are obviously hot-headed and immature.  And I am not impressed by your bravado.  Calm down a little bit and think about the situation carefully.  There is a difference between doing honorable work protecting those who need it and getting mixed up in a world filled with moral ambiguity where you may be doing a lot of harm (in addition to putting your life on the line).

I am "interfering" with my advice because I'm not a teenager who thinks that everything in life is about having the "ballz" to do something or not.  What is the point of potentially dying over something stupid? 

I am not going to engage with you anymore as you fail to see the point. Our gurus told us to be honorable and respectful and uphold the law. 

Armed police do a great job of protecting the public from gun crime. People with guns who go around firing at innocent people. You think it is not right to take one of these guys out who want to injure and endanger innocent people. Or you think its too dangerous job. I will have you know that Sikhs fought in wars just so you can have a right to live. 

Go backing to pushing your pencils and writing letters and let the real men do their job to protect your sissy a$$ from harm you ungrateful snowflake. 

Edited by Big_Tera