Jump to content
Guest

Is it better to join the Army or Armed Police?

Recommended Posts

Guest

Should i join the Army? Or should i join Armed police?

Armed police have authority over civilians where as Soldiers don't. So wouldn't i have more power if i was an armed policemem instead of soldier?

I feel like being a soldier and joining the Army infantry.

What do you think i should do? Which is better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
2 hours ago, NonExistant said:

Should i join the Army? Or should i join Armed police?

Armed police have authority over civilians where as Soldiers don't. So wouldn't i have more power if i was an armed policemem instead of soldier?

I feel like being a soldier and joining the Army infantry.

What do you think i should do? Which is better?

Both are good respectable jobs. I would say do what you would enjoy most. 

It is a dangerous job obviously which you probably already know. But great satisfaction as you are doing a job that is highly honoured and respected. I will also show Sikhs in a good light. 

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure. Always troubling to understand the army part. I read many chardikala Jeevans of many soldiers during 50’s/60’s etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NonExistant said:

UK

OK, well the late Bhai Jagraj Singh served in the UK Army and apparently it was a good experience for him, so you might want to consider it. 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you want to be used and abused for UK material gain such as in Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen etc...you want to be a soldier then be a soldier the type Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Maharaj was.  Do you know how many white british army personnel are upset with being used by Jeremy Hunt for personal and political gain

 

 

Edited by singh598

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, singh598 said:

Why would you want to be used and abused for UK material gain such as in Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen etc...you want to be a soldier then be a soldier the type Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Maharaj was.  Do you know how many white british army personnel are upset with being used by Jeremy Hunt for personal and political gain

 

 

To help fight the terrorists 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Why do you want to put your life on the line defending corrupt governments/systems?

What if you was attacked by a gun man who was committing a crime. Would you refuse the help of the original poster as you believe they are representing a corrupt government?

Most likely you would sh1t your pants and hope the original poster came to your aid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

What if you was attacked by a gun man who was committing a crime. Would you refuse the help of the original poster as you believe they are representing a corrupt government?

Most likely you would sh1t your pants and hope the original poster came to your aid. 

 

Where in my post did I say anything about individual police officers?

 

All I am saying is that there is a better way of making a living than putting your life on the line for (in many instances) morally ambiguous reasons.  This is more true of the military than the police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

 

Where in my post did I say anything about individual police officers?

 

All I am saying is that there is a better way of making a living than putting your life on the line for (in many instances) morally ambiguous reasons.  This is more true of the military than the police.

You clearly said, "why would you put your life on the line for corrupt governments" Which essentially means you would not do the job of being and armed police officer. You are basically discouraging him from doing the honorable and brave job of protecting the public crime. 

Your obviously to sh1t scared to to the job yourself. Then why interfere with someone that has got the ballz to do it. 

Get back to hiding under your bed next time you hear a loud noise and let the real men do what they can to protect your sorry good for nothing a$$. 

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

You clearly said why would you put your life on the line for corrupt governments. Which essentially means why would you do the job of being and armed police officer. You are basically discovering him from doing the honorable and brave job of protecting the public crime. 

Your obviously to sh1t scared to to the job yourself. Then why interfere with someone that has got the ballz to do it. 

Get back to hiding under your bed next time you hear a loud noise and let the real men do what they can to protect your sorry good for nothing a$$. 

 

 

Before you go around insulting others, you should learn how to write properly.

Anyway, you are obviously hot-headed and immature.  And I am not impressed by your bravado.  Calm down a little bit and think about the situation carefully.  There is a difference between doing honorable work protecting those who need it and getting mixed up in a world filled with moral ambiguity where you may be doing (or be asked to do) a lot of harm (in addition to putting your life on the line).  My grandfather was a police officer, and things aren't as simple as you try to make them out to be.

I am "interfering" with my advice because I'm not a teenager who thinks that everything in life is about having the "ballz" to do something or not.  What is the point of potentially dying over something stupid? 

Edited by californiasardar1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

 

Before you go around insulting others, you should learn how to write properly.

Anyway, you are obviously hot-headed and immature.  And I am not impressed by your bravado.  Calm down a little bit and think about the situation carefully.  There is a difference between doing honorable work protecting those who need it and getting mixed up in a world filled with moral ambiguity where you may be doing a lot of harm (in addition to putting your life on the line).

I am "interfering" with my advice because I'm not a teenager who thinks that everything in life is about having the "ballz" to do something or not.  What is the point of potentially dying over something stupid? 

I am not going to engage with you anymore as you fail to see the point. Our gurus told us to be honorable and respectful and uphold the law. 

Armed police do a great job of protecting the public from gun crime. People with guns who go around firing at innocent people. You think it is not right to take one of these guys out who want to injure and endanger innocent people. Or you think its too dangerous job. I will have you know that Sikhs fought in wars just so you can have a right to live. 

Go backing to pushing your pencils and writing letters and let the real men do their job to protect your sissy a$$ from harm you ungrateful snowflake. 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Your right about the 2 lines i don't agree with skipping the 2 lines from Chaupai Sahib too.  Even though i follow the Sikh Rehat Maryada and respect it i choose to do all of Kabyo Baach Benti. Thats my choice Sikh Rehat Maryada is the minimum required. If you wanna do more Bani thats Great. Chardi kala. Thats your choice.  If you want to avoid halal. Your choice  If you want to avoid meat altogether. Thats fine too  Lets not attach dietary guidelines with sikhism.  Even Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj says in a very long pankti that Fools argue over this. Saag has life too. So does the micro organisms we breath. But we don't cover our mouths like jains. And we are not hindus who avoid eggs. Even though unfertilized eggs are vegetarian. Thats a different topic.  This is Not SGPC maryada This is Akal Takht maryada Watch this link Bhai Jagraj Singh  Lets not divide the panth with different maraydas. Your dietary options will not bring you closer to Waheguru. Jap Naam.   
    • Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru.  You been debating a Rhadasoami, however that's spelled, or something?
    • people will ask kurdiwale koi hor  munda nahin labba eh lafunga kiton mileya si ? plus if  there are younger sisters in the house it could create wrong impression in people's mind about how much bad behaviour they as a family will put up with from mundevale just to get their daughters married i.e. put them on the back foot. This is the first time this 'son' is visiting his new parents didn't Guru ji say to respect them as much as possible in fact more than one's own since they are giving you their most treasured child? There is formality of manners which is actually showing compassion and consideration to others' feelings, we are not meant to spoil another's chances or life through our words and actions that is antigurmat. the guy/girl who tries show up their inlaws is NOT following sikhiya of Guru ji but doing their own manmat to feed their egoes. What is wrong with him standing and negotiating or do as my kid bro did and say 'hold on Mum Dad; I'm coming , look Guys her folks are calling me '... and just shove the few notes he had in his pocket into their hands ...and go in the front door? would you honestly have been happy if that had happened to your sis , Mum and Dad? If the guy can't show respect to his bride's mother and father in front of their whole family when is he ever going to?
    • Paranoia could be sign of mental illness so do see a therapist, doctor or counselor Keep doing paath as well
    • i think its hilarious    everyone was laughing at it at work she's dressed like a slag   if a woman in my family dressed like that    god help her ....  
×

Important Information

Terms of Use