Ancesstory Test

Big_Tera

I really wanna do one! Haha

But I dont know which one is most accurate for South Asians   been wanting to do one for a year now.

When I do one I'm post the results on here lol

Average Punjabi is around 80% south Asian and 20% other stuff mainly central Asian etc 

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

So no one is interested in their origins that is funny for this forum. As usually on here people love to say they are descended from warriors and kings. When in reality they are just the same as all us brownies. 

Maybe many people have just become bored with trying to live off the back some perceived great ancestor that doesn't reflect them or the community today? 

I'd rather apnay focus on pressing matters of today (like there aren't enough of them), then waste my time on some dubious genetic test with murky science behind it. You can see videos of identical twins getting tests done with differing results, that says it all. 

29 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I really wanna do one! Haha

But I dont know which one is most accurate for South Asians   been wanting to do one for a year now.

When I do one I'm post the results on here lol

Average Punjabi is around 80% south Asian and 20% other stuff mainly central Asian etc 

The best rated ones are 23 and Me or Ancestry DNA. Idk which one is better tho. My science teacher did one and he put his results on the board lmao his came as 100% Indian ? but he was from different parts of India but overall 100% Indian ??

25 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

The best rated ones are 23 and Me or Ancestry DNA. Idk which one is better tho. My science teacher did one and he put his results on the board lmao his came as 100% Indian ? but he was from different parts of India but overall 100% Indian ??

Yeah iv read 23andme is the best one, gonna look more into that

Yeah depending on which part of India you come from and your background the results will be different. I think the more south you go the higher the % percentage of indian will be.

It's interesting stuff lol 

2 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

some folk here have done it...

That's so interesting!  Yeah iv read you can use GEDmatch to break it down more, but it costs extra 

I wouldn't of thought a jatt would have a high % of baloch in them, but then again many jatts were nomads so mixed with different people.

A lot of people in my nanke side don't look indian 

Really interesting 

I'm really wanna do it now! Haha