Shall we start s debate on Christianity?

Redoptics

8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's good to have knowledge of other faiths, especially for rebutting challenges they throw your way in relation to your own faith. But too much of this seems like wasting time and energy that could be spent exploring your own heritage/dharam, which is more rewarding imo. 

I mean time spent doing that could be spent improving one's own Gurmukhi skills or building up your Brij Bhasha vocab (which I'm increasingly realising is more and more important for Sikhs given the knowledge in Dasam Granth and other puratan ithihaasic granths).

Totally agree , research was done in late 90s , whilst at college  

57 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

'El' is their god however now when the bible is understood correctly its 'Elohim' which means gods. It depends who talj talk too.

i dont even think god has a name in the hebrew bible. Also the hebrew bible starts of with "in the beginning" and then starts describing the creation story and god created the heavens, earth, animals, sky and oceans etc    so they believe in the creator  who created everything, which is actually what we believe.  They also believe in the beginning there was nothing and that it was god that began creation and created everything, so only god is responsible for creation 

Christians also believe this 

They also have concept of Hukkam and god testing us, when god created Adam one of the first things he said to him was he may eat any fruit but not fruit from the tree of life, adam decided to break that hukkam after being misled by his wife and ate the apple, god then punished adam and made him leave the safety of the garden and live a hard life in the wilderness. 

On 2/4/2019 at 10:25 PM, Redoptics said:

I have noticed a few poster's,  keep questioning certain points I make about Christianity,  I do not understand why people are so quick to back them. 

If you have not studied religion fair enough, but hey lets debate, I will start with this.

In my research Christianity deals with astrotheology not spirituality. 

Please do not offend and if you back up your points with facts, that would be awesome.

What even is astrotheology?