old historical buildings

Guest guest

hi anyone know of any really old sikh buildings, from Gurus' times is possible?  can you post a image?

i just like historical artefacts and would really like to see a building dating back to those times.

Hi,  sadly most of the historical Sikh buildings have been demolished by Sikh authorities like the SGPC and replaced with modern structures, this includes the destruction of the gurus residence and many historical gurdware and forts.  But a few buildings from the gurus period still remain.

My guess is that the SGPC demolish these structures so they can collect money from sangat for "gurdwara building sewa" and use around 20% of the collected money to build the new gurdwara and keep the remaining 80% in their own pockets. So i think they demolish these old buildings just to collect money from sangat for themselves under the guise of "kar sewa" 

Here is a baradhari in Khadur sahib built by Guru Angad Dev ji,  its believed he used to do parchaar of sikhi in here

1.-Barandari.jpg

Related image

Image result for khadur sahib baradhari

here is a well from Khadur sahib. mata khivi ji used water from this well to prepare langar 

Old 'Khuhi' (Well)

Amazing photo's, i remember my Grandfather telling me when i was younger (and he was still around) that most of the old architecture has either all but gone or been whitewashed in India, if you want to see building's like this then there a a fair amount in Pakistan, it's a shame that more's not done to preserve them in he original state.

beautiful^,

is it true the wall at sirhind where the Chhote Sahibzadas displayed shaheedi was totally demolished a few years back?

we should petition SGPC not to harm these sites.