old historical buildings

Guest guest

13 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Get more of us over there spending money, tourist sights , how much merchandise do you think they will sell.

yeah thats what i was thinking, its to draw in more sikh tourists and make more money. well at least our heritage is being preserved .... 

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yeah thats what i was thinking, its to draw in more sikh tourists and make more money. well at least our heritage is being preserved .... 

Yeah, silver lining huh lol no it is, still peeves me off, a lot of our history is i  Pakistan 

Do you know how old the picture of Guru Nanak Maharaj Ji is ?

4 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Yeah, silver lining huh lol no it is, still peeves me off, a lot of our history is i  Pakistan 

Do you know how old the picture of Guru Nanak Maharaj Ji is ?

yeah its sad how so much of our history in in pakistan

umm the artwork in baba atal rai was done during the sikh raj 

Qila Anandgarh sahib, built by guru gobind singh ji. The bhora was also built by guru ji and the singhs, i went right to the bottom and then came all the way back up, couldn't feel my legs at the end of it lol!  i just collapsed when i reached the top lol!    but this bhora is where the singhs use to hide and keep all the weapons.   amazing place.  but i hate how they painted the fort red!  whose clever idea was that! they made it look like a theme park,  inside the fort you can see the original bricks. the view from top of the fort was beautiful 

IMGP1983.JPG

IMGP1984.JPG

IMGP1991.JPG

IMGP1992.JPG

IMGP1993.JPG

IMGP1995.JPG

IMGP1996.JPG

IMGP1998.JPG

IMGP1999.JPG

42 minutes ago, puzzled said:

a garden and baradhari built by maharaja ranjit singhs father, sardar mahan singh, its called sheranwala bagh and is in gujranwala,  

Image result for gujranwala heritage

19782323359_0c9d4de2a7_b.jpgRelated image

Related imageImage result for gujranwala heritage

The pakistani government recently restored this baradari and garden

this is what it looked like before, have to say it was in a very bad condition but they done a good job

Image result for gujranwala heritage

I'm actually surprised that they are acknowledging Lahores sikh past and sikh heritage,   there must be some reason why they repairing these places!  

Great job with the restoration. 

Pakistan knows there is a lot of money to be made with Sikh pilgrims.

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Qila Anandgarh sahib, built by guru gobind singh ji. The bhora was also built by guru ji and the singhs, i went right to the bottom and then came all the way back up, couldn't feel my legs at the end of it lol!  i just collapsed when i reached the top lol!    but this bhora is where the singhs use to hide and keep all the weapons.   amazing place.  but i hate how they painted the fort red!  whose clever idea was that! they made it look like a theme park,  inside the fort you can see the original bricks. the view from top of the fort was beautiful 

IMGP1983.JPG

IMGP1984.JPG

IMGP1991.JPG

IMGP1992.JPG

IMGP1993.JPG

IMGP1995.JPG

IMGP1996.JPG

IMGP1998.JPG

IMGP1999.JPG

Awesome pics, damn I want to go back soon need to visit these Gudwara again.