Sikhi4Ever

Were your ancestors farmers?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Were your ancestors farmers?

• Yes
    • No

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

One thing I've never heard though,  is the constant whining and pity parties that I hear from juts about the industry. That's some sort of cultural thing probably harking back centuries - pleading poverty so that the sarkar doesn't squeeze too much revenue from you. It had a logic and purpose back in the past - now it's just backwards. 

You spend 50% of your time DallySingh100 criticising jatts for being too loud, proud and glorifying rural life and the other 50% criticising them for 'whining and pity parties' about rural cu. If this split personality of yours doesn't make you this forum's resident schizophrenic I'm a monkey's uncle. ?

(no offence to one of my nephews....who does indeed look like a monkey)

13 minutes ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

You spend 50% of your time DallySingh100 criticising jatts for being too loud, proud and glorifying rural life and the other 50% criticising them for 'whining and pity parties' about rural cu. If this split personality of yours doesn't make you this forum's resident schizophrenic I'm a monkey's uncle. ?

I also noticed that and it shows no difference between such thinking people WITH jatts thinking that they are superior. No difference at all.

43 minutes ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

No, you've just perfectly described the schizophrenic dysfunction of modern jut society , which seems to be conspicuous to everyone but juts themselves. One minute they will be jumping around doing bhangra about how great they are and how brilliant 'jut lyfe in da pend' is -  being a 'top caste';  then the next minute you have them turning around claiming poverty, oppression and victimhood????? 

Truly 'radio rental'. Is it any wonder people don't know what to make of it. 

(Note how the above describes you to a t as well). 

36 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

I also noticed that and it shows no difference between such thinking people WITH jatts thinking that they are superior. No difference at all.

Notice how despite God knows how many decades of juts pointing fingers at other Sikhs and their perceived shortcomings, when some valid, thoughtful criticism is thrown their way - people like you can't handle it. What I said about economy and culture in my last post is valid. We need thinking outside the box on this because juts have been doing this same weird thing (claiming poverty, simplicity and oppression whilst paradoxically trying to project some weird supremacy thing too) for decades now 

Jut society has become deeply dysfunctional now, especially in terms of Sikhi. My guess would be that all these attempts to have feet in so many boats (the Sikh one, the caste one, the Khalistan one, the Indian one, the colonialist british one, the religious, the material, the western one and whatnot) have skewed them into something that is unrecognisable from anything ever seen before in or from Panjab (in my lifetime anyway). It seems like they're going into some twisted alien territory (culturally speaking). God knows where they are heading. Please don't shoot the messenger. 

43258313_2199284690346783_56340265243006

a-flying-jatt-movie-review-and-rating.jp

PUTT-JATT-DA-LYRICS.jpg

This last one is classic...... what is that supposed to be?

Breakfast at a jut's house? Do they have French maids in the pend now?

On 2/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, dallysingh101 said:

The rest will have to get over this often strange and unhealthy farming fetish and join the wider workforce. 

farming isn't 'a fetish'.  where do you think the food on your table comes from?  does it occur to you that some places are suitable for farming due to  moisture, weather etc

11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

One thing I've never heard though,  is the constant whining and pity parties that I hear from juts about the industry. That's some sort of cultural thing probably harking back centuries - pleading poverty so that the sarkar doesn't squeeze too much revenue from you. It had a logic and purpose back in the past - now it's just backwards. 

I'm shocked at the lack of creativity of rural farmers. I think most seem to have developed a very dependent relationship with the government through subsidies and grants and can't think outside of it? 

farmer subsidies are the norm in UK, EU and USA, and probably any other country.  farming isn't like secondary or service industries- theres a lot of dependance on external variables (like weather).  

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

No, you've just perfectly described the schizophrenic dysfunction of modern jut society , which seems to be conspicuous to everyone but juts themselves. One minute they will be jumping around doing bhangra about how great they are and how brilliant 'jut lyfe in da pend' is -  being a 'top caste';  then the next minute you have them turning around claiming poverty, oppression and victimhood????? 

Truly 'radio rental'. Is it any wonder people don't know what to make of it. 

(Note how the above describes you to a t as well). 

Notice how despite God knows how many decades of juts pointing fingers at other Sikhs and their perceived shortcomings, when some valid, thoughtful criticism is thrown their way - people like you can't handle it. What I said about economy and culture in my last post is valid. We need thinking outside the box on this because juts have been doing this same weird thing (claiming poverty, simplicity and oppression whilst paradoxically trying to project some weird supremacy thing too) for decades now 

Jut society has become deeply dysfunctional now, especially in terms of Sikhi. My guess would be that all these attempts to have feet in so many boats (the Sikh one, the caste one, the Khalistan one, the Indian one, the colonialist british one, the religious, the material, the western one and whatnot) have skewed them into something that is unrecognisable from anything ever seen before in or from Panjab (in my lifetime anyway). It seems like they're going into some twisted alien territory (culturally speaking). God knows where they are heading. Please don't shoot the messenger. 

43258313_2199284690346783_56340265243006

a-flying-jatt-movie-review-and-rating.jp

PUTT-JATT-DA-LYRICS.jpg

This last one is classic...... what is that supposed to be?

Breakfast at a jut's house? Do they have French maids in the pend now?

So, now you are basing your opinions with an example of this one singer? Let me put this way... will it make any sense to judge african americans based on the lifestyle and wrong image of some random rapster?

Who care what diljit is or he do and what clan he belongs to
Don't judge anyone nor try to put panth's misery on any type of caste - be it jatt, churra, bhappay etc. 

We need not to see our brothers and sisters thru that vision. 

17 hours ago, Sikhi4Ever said:

So, now you are basing your opinions with an example of this one singer? Let me put this way... will it make any sense to judge african americans based on the lifestyle and wrong image of some random rapster?

Don't judge anyone nor try to put panth's misery on any type of caste - be it jatt, churra, bhappay etc. 

Are you missing the point? 

This is mainstream Panjabi culture now. People have already been complaining that juts fill their children's' heads' up with nonsense as it is. Now what do you think the consequences of having a generation of jut kids growing up watching this nonsense is going to be? Well, we'll find out in about 10/15 years from when they start moving into adulthood. Personally I don't think it is going to be good - do you?

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Are you missing the point? 

This is mainstream Panjabi culture now. People have already been complaining that juts fill their children's' heads' up with nonsense as it is. Now what do you think the consequences of having a generation of jut kids growing up watching this nonsense is going to be? Well, we'll find out in about 10/15 years from when they start moving into adulthood. Personally I don't think it is going to be good - do you?

My point is that it is not healthy and borderline holding hatred within if someone for years continuously targeting one type of community against the ills of the society or maybe that one clan sure does things wrong and so do others.

Maybe you are expecting a lot from your surroundings. It is kalyug, that is what it is.

20 hours ago, Sikhi4Ever said:

A lot of this "jatt" stuff portrayed is promoted by non Jatts as well.

I am from this background and I personally find these portrayals  cringe worthy. 

Diljit Dosanjh though from a Jatt background is hardly a representative, he is part of the entertainment industry, he might as well be a mirasi in my eyes.

In the old days for a Jatt to be in the entertainment industry would make you like a kanj*r.

This modern day portrayal of Jatts is like a Disney Theme Park version of a Jatt.

10 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

A lot of this "jatt" stuff portrayed is promoted by non Jatts as well.

I am from this background and I personally find these portrayals  cringe worthy. 

Diljit Dosanjh though from a Jatt background is hardly a representative, he is part of the entertainment industry, he might as well be a mirasi in my eyes.

In the old days for a Jatt to be in the entertainment industry would make you like a kanj*r.

This modern day portrayal of Jatts is like a Disney Theme Park version of a Jatt.

Real jatts are very tanned with weather beaten faces, strong physical and very wirey. 

Their dastars are not perfectly shaped like Mr Dosanjh. 

They have hands like cricket gloves with fingers the size of small bananas not like the soft delicate manicured hands of Mr Dosanjh. 

• The topic was locked