Nitnem or whole SGGS

mahandulai

On 2/11/2019 at 9:42 AM, mahandulai said:

Is nitnem just parts of the SGGs? Are we meant to just do Nitnem everyday, or also read SGGS in our entire lives?

when you read Nitnem and do simran you create a sacred space in yourselves which is untouched by maya/kalyug , when you do this repeatedly the space grows and your karmic burden lightens . This a daily duty , also it is a sikh's daily duty to do darshan of the Guru  i.e. engage with Guru Granth Sahib ji whether singing kirtan , taking Gurwak(ideal), listening to katha  and most important step- doing vichar /contemplation. We need to hear our Guru ji to understand our relationship, our place in this world and our duties i,n this realm so No Nitnem is not JUST parts of Guru ji to be repeated it is the cleaning/preparation  method for taking on the teachings and words of the Guru ji

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

when you read Nitnem and do simran you create a sacred space in yourselves which is untouched by maya/kalyug , when you do this repeatedly the space grows and your karmic burden lightens . This a daily duty , also it is a sikh's daily duty to do darshan of the Guru  i.e. engage with Guru Granth Sahib ji whether singing kirtan , taking Gurwak(ideal), listening to katha  and most important step- doing vichar /contemplation. We need to hear our Guru ji to understand our relationship, our place in this world and our duties i,n this realm so No Nitnem is not JUST parts of Guru ji to be repeated it is the cleaning/preparation  method for taking on the teachings and words of the Guru ji

no I mean, should we also be reading the entire sggs. as it is our guru?