Sikhs for Justice raise 1 million for Pakistani victims

Guest Sophia Jamil SFJ

5 hours ago, puzzled said:

while the paki men were playing the dhols some of the sikh women on yatra started dancing and doing giddha front of everyone. All the paki men were looking.   This singh said their women were covered top too bottom while ours were dancing in front of their men.     

SMH

On 2/16/2019 at 2:36 AM, puzzled said:

They've lost the plot, why are they sticking their noses into things that have got absolutely nothing to do with them. 

Just as a clarification, it was 1 million Pakistani Rupees, not dollars. So about $7500 or so. 

Not nothing, but not a million dollars, either.

Still, this is just as silly as the government of Indian Punjab giving awards to the widows of Indian soldiers who die fighting: That's not their responsibility. It's the responsibility of the employers of the soldiers (the Government of India).

I went to Nankana Sahib Yatra a few years ago, and I must say it opened my eyes to many issues I never thought I'd have to address in my own mind. 

Yes, there's a tangible sense of warmth and hospitality on the part of the Pakistani hosts, BUT lurking beneath the surface is a vague and barely detectable hostility that goes over the heads of 99.9% of the old Singhs and Singhniyan who spend most of the time bleating about and praising these people. At best the Pakiatanis humour the sangatan that make the trek over there; they tell us what we want to hear so that the attending yatris feel compelled to "tip" them at various moments of their stay. I don't dispute some of them possess sharda, but it is ultimately a job like any other where most of them are employed to carry out their roles.

Socially, from the perspective of comparing Punjabi Indian and Pakistani "behni utni" the difference is night and day. I hate to say, and I'll get a considerable amount of flak for saying so, but our people are "diggeh" compared to them. We have very little decorum, a lack of dignity at times, and a general sense of lacking a certain propriety of behaviour. Our religiosity is shallow and mostly for show. If the Sharia engenders that brand of grounding in an individual or even a community, then perhaps on balance it's not so terrible after all.

I agree with someone above who mentioned the most starkly and immediately noticeable difference between the two groups is the behaviour of the womenfolk. The Sikh "princesses" are anything but. Thankfully, I was in a group where the bibiya and gentlemen of all ages conducted themselves as a Sikh of the Guru should, but other groups -- and looking across to our people in Punjab in a more general sense -- it verges on soul destroying to acknowledge and accept the painful reality that we are in dire straits on some of the most basic levels of conduct and behaviour. We're almost plastic in comparison. You can take that metaphor and interpret it in many ways.

Yes, all actors. S4J is a scam, just a front organisation to trick the sikhs. They are run by the same people they are claiming to be against. It is called controlled opposition. Why are people so blind?

7 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I went to Nankana Sahib Yatra a few years ago, and I must say it opened my eyes to many issues I never thought I'd have to address in my own mind. 

Yes, there's a tangible sense of warmth and hospitality on the part of the Pakistani hosts, BUT lurking beneath the surface is a vague and barely detectable hostility that goes over the heads of 99.9% of the old Singhs and Singhniyan who spend most of the time bleating about and praising these people. At best the Pakiatanis humour the sangatan that make the trek over there; they tell us what we want to hear so that the attending yatris feel compelled to "tip" them at various moments of their stay. I don't dispute some of them possess sharda, but it is ultimately a job like any other where most of them are employed to carry out their roles.

Socially, from the perspective of comparing Punjabi Indian and Pakistani "behni utni" the difference is night and day. I hate to say, and I'll get a considerable amount of flak for saying so, but our people are "diggeh" compared to them. We have very little decorum, a lack of dignity at times, and a general sense of lacking a certain propriety of behaviour. Our religiosity is shallow and mostly for show. If the Sharia engenders that brand of grounding in an individual or even a community, then perhaps on balance it's not so terrible after all.

I agree with someone above who mentioned the most starkly and immediately noticeable difference between the two groups is the behaviour of the womenfolk. The Sikh "princesses" are anything but. Thankfully, I was in a group where the bibiya and gentlemen of all ages conducted themselves as a Sikh of the Guru should, but other groups -- and looking across to our people in Punjab in a more general sense -- it verges on soul destroying to acknowledge and accept the painful reality that we are in dire straits on some of the most basic levels of conduct and behaviour. We're almost plastic in comparison. You can take that metaphor and interpret it in many ways.

"punjabi" culture is not actually Punjabi culture. This whole tying a pranda to your guth/plait and then swinging it around while doing thumke with your lakh/waist is the Bollywood and Punjabi music version of Punjabi culture, and is a very recent interpretation of real punjabi culture.  In the old days Punjabi women used to see their hair as their izzat just how sikh men use to see their hair and pagh as izzat. Punjabi women used to keep their hair in jooreh or plaits and keep it covered,  not swing it around while doing giddha. 

I was looking at photos from the 50s and 60s of my nani and other female relatives and couldn't help but notice the contrast to modern punjabi women and the similarities to (current) Pakistani Punjabi women. the clothes, chunni, demure, cutting of the clothes was identical to how paki women still dress.      

these days at punjabi weddings and akand paaths the neck lines of the the punjabi suits are so low that you have bra straps and boobs sticking our all directions,  only indian punjabi women can make salwar kameej look that cheap and trashy.    

Paki punjabi culture is actually a lot more similar to punjabi culture from the 50s 60s    our punjabi culture is actually just the bollywood and punjabi movies/music videos version of it. 

dont need to go to nankana sahib to see the contrast, you can see it right here in the UK!   

real punjabi (india) culture from 50s 60s    

image.png.012c367960ab41abc878433f4f4e75c9.png

image.png.2f312cbffd25cf39f4aff52a86b1d828.png

image.png.6a2fb9cab841130fec845d282f314725.png

image.png.712c1b0a2d95851ab2aecaac0228c03d.png

image.png.d69f25d5448bc5bd0f5cf9ac00716333.png

current punjabi culture and the sh1t that you see these days at weddings, nagar kirtans etc      

#pintrest@Dixna deolKIRAN DHALIWALebe68685028f25424b83eb5dba26f9d4.jpg?b=t

086249d3e6923bd86419d566e79e6347.jpg?b=t

only indian punjabi women can make salwar kaeej look that cheap!   you see this as punjabi functions all the time!

now tell me who dresses the same way as the real Punjabans of the past? india punjabis or paki punjabis ?

even more tragic thing is i'v actually come across indian punjabis laughing at the way paki punjabi women dress, little do they realize that that is how indian punjabi women used to dress in the past as well before they slutted up the salwar kameez 

21 hours ago, puzzled said:

Well she apparently started a relationship with him over social media FB I think and then used the yatra as a way to meet him and move in,  why would a woman move in with someone who she has never met b4?  That too leave her children behind.  And iv seen him and he looks ugly af!  Skinny little thing wearing a salwar kameez.   Plus kiran bala is not a sikh name     something very dodgy about that case. 

But tbh we have a family friend who is a singh and he went on the yatra a few years ago. He told us when they arrive the pakis welcome them dhols and flower garlands, while the paki men were playing the dhols some of the sikh women on yatra started dancing and doing giddha front of everyone. All the paki men were looking.   This singh said their women were covered top too bottom while ours were dancing in front of their men.     

So if they get to see some sikhnis dancing and doing giddha why wouldn't they be looking forward to the sikh yatrees arriving lol. It probably reminded them of the mujras that they watch. 

You need to remember many of the women go on the yatra for a little holiday,  not everyone goes there for guru Nanak dev ji, many just go for strolling around in the Lahore bazars

I actually know a middle aged Punjabi self confessed slag who drinks Bacardi on the weekends that went on this yatra!! No joke!!   

Sad really 

Some pak said to me 15 years ago (mockingly). "You play a dhol and you get a queue of sardars following you about dancing!"

Thing is, it's true. And I think that's what happens when you push simple, rural culture over more sophisticated forms of culture on to the masses for decades.

Apnay promoted this bhangra, drinking live-it-up lifestyle, and I'm not being judgemental, because under the force of normative behaviour (i.e. what almost everyone else appeared to be doing), even I thought it was what we do as a people when I was younger. 

It's only reflection, being made aware of the link to grooming and years of studying more sophisticated and intellectual (and spiritual) things that have enabled me to see things differently. What chance does the ahhhm pendu have?  

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Some pak said to me 15 years ago (mockingly). "You play a dhol and you get a queue of sardars following you about dancing!"

Thing is, it's true. And I think that's what happens when you push simple, rural culture over more sophisticated forms of culture on to the masses for decades.

Apnay promoted this bhangra, drinking live-it-up lifestyle, and I'm not being judgemental, because under the force of normative behaviour (i.e. what almost everyone else appeared to be doing), even I thought it was what we do as a people when I was younger. 

It's only reflection, being made aware of the link to grooming and years of studying more sophisticated and intellectual (and spiritual) things that have enabled me to see things differently. What chance does the ahhhm pendu have?  

Yeah but when did all this trash start coz in Punjabi they certainly didn't dance around drunk back in the days. Neither did the women do giddha while swinging their plait around. I think all this bs started when punjabis came the the UK/west.   Reception parties became a thing in the West  we never had reception parties back in punjab in the old days,  they then started copying us and now having a reception party has become the norm in punjab too.   

It's liberalism in the West which has become the downfall. My mum said back in punjab in the old days when my nani use to go out she used wrap a massive 3meter sheet around herself lol.   And now they walking around half naked.   I don't think it is pendu culture it's western punjabis getting too liberal and then corrupting the lot back in punjab. 

15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah but when did all this trash start coz in Punjabi they certainly didn't dance around drunk back in the days. Neither did the women do giddha while swinging their plait around. I think all this bs started when punjabis came the the UK/west.   Reception parties became a thing in the West  we never had reception parties back in punjab in the old days,  they then started copying us and now having a reception party has become the norm in punjab too.   

It's liberalism in the West which has become the downfall. My mum said back in punjab in the old days when my nani use to go out she used wrap a massive 3meter sheet around herself lol.   And now they walking around half naked.   I don't think it is pendu culture it's western punjabis getting too liberal and then corrupting the lot back in punjab. 

As a community, we just seem to accept and incorporate more and more bewakoof cheejan into our culture, as the years go by.

Surely carrying on like this isn't going to end well. 

Btw I think the women did do giddha like that (I remember from when I was a kid), they just did it in groups of other women though (maybe with kids around).