How lucky are we?

Big_Tera

Out of a population of 30 million Sikhs. 

Only a handful managed to make our way over to the UK.

Are we lucky or were our 1st generations smarter in that they made it to the uk. When most others only dream of being here?

Like how did some manage to come over and others did not. Was it a matter of some put in the effort to come to the UK and others did not. 

Like my immediate family came in the 50's to the UK. They came as self employed sales people and shop owners. But not sure how some were succesfull in comming over and staying while others were.not. 

When I go back to punjab sometimes i get a certain amount of jealousy from relatives back in India. That we made it to the uk and they did not. We then get hassled to try and bring them over.  

Needs to do a much deeper to realize what is our own definition of being Lucky or successful. 

A person living in India debt free and manage to keep chardikala Jeevan might be a lot more successful in the eyes of our gurus than the person who is buried in debt in western countries and only manage to visit gurdwara every sunday. 

Economical wise, west might be at the peak now. Remember during ranjit singh ruler time, punjab was also at the peak and khalsa army soldier was paid 4x than british one. Look at Greece in older times and now. 

I believe that we measure our luckiness and success at the quality of our life. Sikh, no matter where he/she lives can be lucky if follow his/her dharam as per gurmat principles. 

Here's video bit related to this topic:

6 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Needs to do a much deeper to realize what is our own definition of being Lucky or successful. 

A person living in India debt free and manage to keep chardikala Jeevan might be a lot more successful in the eyes of our gurus than the person who is buried in debt in western countries and only manage to visit gurdwara every sunday. 

Economical wise, west might be at the peak now. Remember during ranjit singh ruler time, punjab was also at the peak and khalsa army soldier was paid 4x than british one. Look at Greece in older times and now. 

I believe that we measure our luckiness and success at the quality of our life. Sikh, no matter where he/she lives can be lucky if follow his/her dharam as per gurmat principles. 

Here's video bit related to this topic:

I am talking about being lucky in the sence of there being more opportunities in the UK. Better infrastructure. For many in Punjab and India it is pretty bleak apart from the ones who have become successful over there. 

I am not talking neither did I mention anything to do with spirituality and faith matters. Also it does not matter where you are be it in Punjab or the UK. If you are a religious person. You can be so any place on earth.