CAN GURU MAKE US DO SOMETHING THAT WE DIDNT INTENDED TO ?

Amit12

There's a book written by Giani Sant Singh Maskeen that analyses this very issue. It's called Karam Philosophy. It's been officially translated into English, but the translation (by somebody else) is shoddy to say the least, although if you're determined to get to the bottom of these issues the language issue does improve, or at least the reader gets accustomed to the dodgy translation.

I warn you: Giani doesn't mince his words. Everything he highlights he backs up with Gurbani, and some of it is quite upsetting for those of you expecting a basic answer of "I can change my karams and tip the balance of accumulated deeds in my favour by throwing myself into meditation." Whilst Giani Ji says Naam Japna is essential and helpful for any human being, he also states that divine justice is something that cannot be avoided, skipped, or erased. Basically, the piper must be paid because Akal Purakh is the epitomy of justice. Man cannot escape the consequences of his actions. Of course, he goes on to say that the DURATION of one's trials and tribulations is affected by honest religiosity including Naam japna, honest living, etc. There's also issues such as Gur Prasad (grace of God / the Guru).

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's a book written by Giani Sant Singh Maskeen that analyses this very issue. It's called Karam Philosophy. It's been officially translated into English, but the translation (by somebody else) is shoddy to say the least, although if you're determined to get to the bottom of these issues the language issue does improve, or at least the reader gets accustomed to the dodgy translation.

I warn you: Giani doesn't mince his words. Everything he highlights he backs up with Gurbani, and some of it is quite upsetting for those of you expecting a basic answer of "I can change my karams and tip the balance of accumulated deeds in my favour by throwing myself into meditation." Whilst Giani Ji says Naam Japna is essential and helpful for any human being, he also states that divine justice is something that cannot be avoided, skipped, or erased. Basically, the piper must be paid because Akal Purakh is the epitomy of justice. Man cannot escape the consequences of his actions. Of course, he goes on to say that the DURATION of one's trials and tribulations is affected by honest religiosity including Naam japna, honest living, etc. There's also issues such as Gur Prasad (grace of God / the Guru).

Book name ? Language is no issue i live in amritsar.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:47 PM, Amit12 said:

So therefore, our actions are our own HUKAM and not GOD's Hukam. right ?

We are God and He is Us, you can't apply worldly logic to it. We're One in Truth.

On 2/19/2019 at 3:43 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Whilst Giani Ji says Naam Japna is essential and helpful for any human being, he also states that divine justice is something that cannot be avoided, skipped, or erased. Basically, the piper must be paid because Akal Purakh is the epitomy of justice. Man cannot escape the consequences of his actions.

i suggest you read SGGS instead of 'giani ji', because this is not what SGGS says from my understanding.  for example, SGGS talks about ones 'account being ripped up'

Akal Purakh is the epitomy of MERCY.  Example- Ajamil lived a life of sin, and was not even calling out for God, but was calling from his son (named Narayan).  Ajamil did not have his 'duration' in hell reduced, he went straight to heaven.

1 minute ago, S1ngh said:

Not in mood to start conversation with someone who is way below at the basic understanding of sikhi. Please don't take this as an offense. The only suggestion I can give you is to research on your own. 

I have researched alot, but I'm on a cross road...... So...   here to see how you prove it. 

Please