Embracing death

Redoptics

1 minute ago, scali said:

Best book on death is “Home with GOD” by Neale Donald Walsh . After reading you realize no one dies before their time. The souls mission is fulfilled it’s moved on. It’s in dialogue form Neale asks questions, GOD answers. Rest you decide after reading if you get your answers.

Shouldn't we be looking at our Guru for answers ?

Yes I believe that we should look at the Guru for answers. I also believe Guru brought me to this valuable information in this book when I needed it most. Reading this book will put ones mind to rest if you are dealing with personal loss.

Audio link 

20 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Hmmm maybe its just me and my understanding of English, you say Waheguru is not judgemental but use the word judge(ed), several times in the same paragraph.  Maybe Judge is a wrong word used through translation. If it is, we need to start translating correctly. 

God delivers justice but is not judgemental. If u do bad karma u will reap it, justice. Its.not even God sitting down and passing a judgment on u. Like the buddhist say, its the law of karma. Every action has a consequence, its part of the universe, part of hukam. 

But despite givin out justice, God is not judgemental, because he does not write us off, or treats us differently or write us off as once a sinner, always a sinner. He is like a parent, gives out punushment, buy once we ask him for something, he will become merciful and give it to us. Or if we cry  to him, he can reduce our suffering. He gives food and free will equally to all, no matter athiest or sinner etc.

As for practicing for death, i think the stoic philosophy comes the closest. Its a western greek time mindset about how life is all suffering, so theres no point in being sad. U should google it.

Another way is to conquer ur mind. So one of the sants, i forget which. He would do the exact opposite of what his mind felt like doing. Today it feels like doing katha, so I wont. Today it feels lazy, so i wont. 

Bhai veer singh, in one of his books mentions. That think of death like a forest fire. It will come.and destroy everything and is very painful, as it causes seperation and loneliness. But when wise ppl see a forest fire coming, they light a small controlled fire withing 5 or 10 mikes of their property. And burn everythig around them in a radius, so when the forest fire comes, it has no fuel to come closer to ur house. 

So before death causes the seperation. Start slowly seperating urself from ur attachments. And practice being alone and lonely. Anything that gives enjoyment, remind urself that it will not last. Nothing is permenant. It will all go.

Another view of sikhi, is that our mind loves to think abt things and be attached to things. Thats its nature. To stop the mind from thinking or being attached, wont work. Instead we must get it to think abt other things and attach to the eternal. Hence meditation. Where u try to get ur mind to think/focus on God all day and attach to him. 

Raghbir Singh Birs book bandginama is avaikable in english free online and it talks abt how to meditate and why.