Embracing death

Redoptics

1 minute ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I wouldn't say judgemental as in oh this person looks like this so I don't like him or whatever.

Waheguru judges to the truth, it's because of our falsehood why we get judged. If we have Paaps in us would we be able to get Sachkhand because their your getting Darshan of Waheguru ji? And Waheguru is pure and pavitar, he has no sins. When have and do no sins then we don't need to get judged, our Lekha has been removed and Dharam Raj can't judge us. 

Hmmm maybe its just me and my understanding of English, you say Waheguru is not judgemental but use the word judge(ed), several times in the same paragraph.  Maybe Judge is a wrong word used through translation. If it is, we need to start translating correctly. 

Many years ago, I slowed my breathing down trying to relax. I was in a dark room, lying on the bed. I slowed my breathing down to the point where I almost completely stopped and I felt I had withdrawn from the world and I was close to dying. I panicked. 

It made me realise what death entails. You’re not asleep. You’re not resting. The mind was scared about no longer existing. It made me aware how strongly the mind can feel about death, and how strongly it is attached to the world. 

Now I understand what the fear of death is. The hard part is to keep that fear in the back of the mind to drive righteous action and naam simran. 

4 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

Many years ago, I slowed my breathing down trying to relax. I was in a dark room, lying on the bed. I slowed my breathing down to the point where I almost completely stopped and I felt I had withdrawn from the world and I was close to dying. I panicked. 

It made me realise what death entails. You’re not asleep. You’re not resting. The mind was scared about no longer existing. It made me aware how strongly the mind can feel about death, and how strongly it is attached to the world. 

Now I understand what the fear of death is. The hard part is to keep that fear in the back of the mind to drive righteous action and naam simran. 

Keeping that in the back of the mind is not dealing with it, you are suppressing your fear of death.

I do not think this would be the correct way of dealing with it.

5 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Keeping that in the back of the mind is not dealing with it, you are suppressing your fear of death.

I do not think this would be the correct way of dealing with it.

Not supressing it but bani tells us to remember death at all times. To keep it at the forefront means you can’t do anything else. Being aware of it, in the back of the mind, whilst doing your daily activities should mean one is aware of the fear of death but allows one to function. I’m not spiritually advanced and this is where guidance from a gursikh would be helpful. 

1 minute ago, Wicked Warrior said:

Not supressing it but bani tells us to remember death at all times. To keep it at the forefront means you can’t do anything else. Being aware of it, in the back of the mind, whilst doing your daily activities should mean one is aware of the fear of death but allows one to function. I’m not spiritually advanced and this is where guidance from a gursikh would be helpful. 

Same to be honest, I am trying to deal with death at the moment. 

From what I have heard, read so far, when you leave home in the mornings,  and you see you leave your family for the day. You have to get into the practice of thinking that might be the last time you see them alive and ve thankful when you come home and see them again.

We should be thinking like an actual living dead, because we have given our head to Waheguru.

Sorry if I have said anything wrong, this is my current understanding.

Best book on death is “Home with GOD” by Neale Donald Walsh . After reading you realize no one dies before their time. The souls mission is fulfilled it’s moved on. It’s in dialogue form Neale asks questions, GOD answers. Rest you decide after reading if you get your answers.