Muslim Divorce Rate: lessons to be learned

Big_Tera

18 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Just have to watch Harjap Bhangal's immigration show. That is a real eye opener

I know Harjap personally, some of the stuff he's told me makes me ashamed to be Punjabi, the kind of stuff your embarrassed to tell even your mates it's that bad.

I know guys who have gotten married in India, it's a mixed bag, some of them are still married, one or two divorced, the common theme with them is that they got married thinking they are marrying a Punjabi girl but it was a different type of Punjabi girl, culturally we are different to people in Punjab, our "Soch" and "Vichar" as the elders say is different, In the same way we have an assumption the girls or guys from punjab are traditional because thats the impression the Tv/Cinema gives us they are the same, and when reality sets in both parties get a shock.

Whats happening in Punjab (and India in general) is what happens if you repress a society to much and all of a sudden they discover there's more too life than being bought up to be a good housewife or a hard working husband.

39 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

I know Harjap personally, some of the stuff he's told me makes me ashamed to be Punjabi, the kind of stuff your embarrassed to tell even your mates it's that bad.

I know guys who have gotten married in India, it's a mixed bag, some of them are still married, one or two divorced, the common theme with them is that they got married thinking they are marrying a Punjabi girl but it was a different type of Punjabi girl, culturally we are different to people in Punjab, our "Soch" and "Vichar" as the elders say is different, In the same way we have an assumption the girls or guys from punjab are traditional because thats the impression the Tv/Cinema gives us they are the same, and when reality sets in both parties get a shock.

Whats happening in Punjab (and India in general) is what happens if you repress a society to much and all of a sudden they discover there's more too life than being bought up to be a good housewife or a hard working husband.

Apparently Harjap is going to write a book when he retires. 

I will look forward reading it.

I do sometimes wonder if Punjab has always been this way and our parents /grandparents decided to derive some kind of elaborate experiment on us.

They thought, "Thank goodness we are out of that cesspool but we will try to bring our kids up with the best values that we can but we will lie about what Punjab is really like. The west in spite of all the racism is still far better than that dump but it is too shameful to admit this truth so we must make the west look as shameful as possible to the kids and parade Punjab as this fantastic place."

But the problem with truth is that it always comes out.

punjabi parents who have not gone india that often once they moved here still think Punjab is the Punjab that they left back in the 70s and 80s, so they narrate this vintage image of punjab to their kids and take their sons back home to get married, 

Parents who regularly have visited punjab like once a year or twice a year are aware that Punjab is no longer the Punjab that they left. like i said before my parents hardly used to go india and always used to tell me that they gnna get a female from punjab for me, since they been visiting regularly in the last 5 years or so now my dad says find a british punjabi girl for yourself girls in india are not good hahah!

i live in a immigrant town that has a lot of punjabis so im used to hearing all sorts of crazy stories that these people get up to, and i also go india every year and am very familiar with that stuff that them lot get up to

we actually even have had a few cases where illegal immigrant husbands have got their WIFE married off to some kala or gorah, got her to have a kid with them just to get British citizenship,  and then they go back to their husbands!  no joke!  

dont be so naive around these people,  they are corrupt to the core 

Divorce rates are generally up across communities. There’s a big change in the way marriage is interpreted. Couples would be married for life, for better or worse. Nowadays, once the marriage hits a rough patch, the couple split. 

As for punjabi guys and girls, I was surprised when i heard that they were using shaadi.com to hook up (in the days before whatsapp, instagram etc). Some of this behaviour is driven by social media, bollywood, hollywood, and the western world. Didn’t know how prominent it was in  punjab. 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, Wicked Warrior said:

Divorce rates are generally up across communities. There’s a big change in the way marriage is interpreted. Couples would be married for life, for better or worse. Nowadays, once the marriage hits a rough patch, the couple split. 

As for punjabi guys and girls, I was surprised when i heard that they were using shaadi.com to hook up (in the days before whatsapp, instagram etc). Some of this behaviour is driven by social media, bollywood, hollywood, and the western world. Didn’t know how prominent it was in  punjab. 

True, new generation cant seem to handle married life. 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:39 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

Stick to what you know. Better the devil you know than  the devil you don't.

At least with a girl from here, you don't have to worry about how all of a sudden one of her siblings suddenly arrives on a "study" visa and then you get pushed to find somebody to marry them in order to become "pakkah "

Their whole game is "how can get this sucker to get my family abroad?"

It all depends though. If you get a cunning brit that goes over he will not get conned and fall for all this. 

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

It all depends though. If you get a cunning brit that goes over he will not get conned and fall for all this. 

A brit can never be as cunning as much as they can try.

The Indian cunning is natural as breathing air, you have to live and breathe in that culture 24/7. 

You cannot compete with them.