Gay Sikh man was forced to dress up as a woman on his wedding day because his in-laws didn't want anyone to know he was male

It's good to have a good image not just for your family but for your community as well. 

When you do something stupid it's not just your family that get a bad image but your people and community do as well. So behave and carry yourself well. 

12 hours ago, puzzled said:

It's good to have a good image not just for your family but for your community as well. 

When you do something stupid it's not just your family that get a bad image but your people and community do as well. So behave and carry yourself well. 

Yeah, but too many apnay turn that into something that equates to them never ever sticking their necks outs - even when they should. 

hmmm

1. Gay marriage is NOT a sikh thing but a secular thing so only court marriage will do .

2. They the parents should be named and shamed for doing beadbhi of Guru ji's Anad Karaj and his Darbar and also to save an innocent girl from being trapped in a false marriage

3. WTH did the guy expect? if you are prepared to dress as the little  woman in a Punjabi family you will have to carry on in that vein , FOREVER. No pUnjabi family will do without their in house slave (nuh) so if you are that desperate to be married shut up and do your chores just like all the rest simples. wonder if he gave a daaj too (facepalm)

4. If you abandon your Guru don't expect his hand of protection ... so you take your shrabi kebabi life and the ish is will cause on the chin , nobody's fault but yours

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Marriage is a religious cermony so I don't understand why atheists get married!  Marriage was a revelation from our creator. No place for atheists in it. 

Atheists don't need to marry they can do whatever 

They think they can do whatever they want, but one they day they will realise and be punished.

You know it's actually quite easy to destroy atheism. Right now the scientists and what not have been forcing people to learn their naastak ways and they have never heard anything about God and the proof there is. You tell them about Dasam Duaar and Anand and Sikhi and they'll be like Wow.

20 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

They think they can do whatever they want, but one they day they will realise and be punished.

You know it's actually quite easy to destroy atheism. Right now the scientists and what not have been forcing people to learn their naastak ways and they have never heard anything about God and the proof there is. You tell them about Dasam Duaar and Anand and Sikhi and they'll be like Wow.

When atheists die and then they find themselves in a strange place with everyone queuing up and jamdoots running around beating people up, they must be really hitting themselves in the head lol 

The Giani Ji said that in the time of Kalyug (dark age) the perfect Guru was the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj. Hearing this I was filled with joy that my search from the perfect Guru was over; that I had at last found the Guru I had been looking for and my innermost desire had been fulfilled. I returned home.

That night I dreamt that the Jamdoots (angels of death) were taking my soul away to some destination. On the way I saw other souls been taken away too. They were being tortured by the jamdoots. We were in a long line with many souls in front of meand many followed behind, however my soul was not being tortured because I had recited God’s name.
Where there is no mother, father, children, friends or brothers, O my mind there, only the Naam, the name of the Lord shall be with you as your help and support. Where there, only the Naam shall go along with you (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang : 264)
As we walked along we passed a very dark area. In this darkness we saw some very frightful scenes. They were so terrifying that a person could easily faint from fright.
“Where the path is difficult and the street is narrow, there the lord shall liberate you.”
(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang : 996)
As we went further we came to an extremely hot place. It felt as though there was fire burning under our feet. Then there was a hill which we were ordered to climb. Those whose souls were soiled, found it very difficult to climb this hill. The jamdoots beat them and forced them to climb the hill. Those with pure souls climbed the hill very easlity. According to the Hindu faith, it takes one year for the soul to reach the court of Dharamraj. My soul was traveling at a very fast speed. Along the way I say these scenes but they did not affect my soul directly.
On the other side of the hill the court of Dharamraj where the good and bad deeds done in one’s lifetime are judged and reward or punishment meted out accordingly. Like a PC which enables immediate access to information, Dharamraj too is able look up the accounts of peoples deeds instantly. There was a lady standing in the line next to mine. Dharamraj said to her, “you have served saintly people. There are many pots of milk and a variety of food for you. Although, you have done good deeds you did not meditate on the Lords name. You will be reborn again as a human being. This time be sue to meditate on the lords name in order to retain salvation”. Another person turn came before Dharamraj said “although you were given a chance as a human being, you didn’t do any good deeds. You waisted your life doing evil deeds”. He told the jamdoots “Send this soul to hell and throw it back into the cycle of chawrasi lakh joon (8.4 million life forms).
Next it was my turn. Dharamraj said to me, “You have recited bani meditated on the Lords name, but you mind is soiled from the sins in this life. You have to be sentenced for this. The jamdoots took me to a place where human souls were punished for their bad deeds. The place resembled an immigration area were at the airport people with different passports line up in different lanes. Here there was a seperate line for each bad deed. There was a signboard displayed on every lane. For a lustful person, there was a door to a fire chamber. Next there was a doorway for those who had listened to peoples gossip. They were punished by having red hot liquid iron poured into their ears. Liars had their tongues cut off. Thieves had their hands cut off. I could see the terrifying scenes from where I was standing. There was still a long line in front of me.
Then the jamdoots brought me in front of the fire doorway and commanded me to go inside. I was terrified. They said that if I did not go in, they would beat my head with a heavy club. They pushed me in. It was the most dreadful place like a big pond. Many people were suffering there and screaming in agony. Nothing but cries of anguish could be heard. Nobody could think of food or water. The water in the pond was boiling like a volcano and small creatures were stinging people . The entire night passed in this dream. When it was time for me to get up and do my Paath of Sukhmani Sahib, my soul returned from hell into my body as I chanted “Aad Guray Nameh, Jugad Guray Nameh …” the first line of the bani, “I bow to the Greatest (Waheguru) Who is the source of all; I bow to the Guru who is through the ages…”. When I opened my eyes, I was seating and I had marks of insect stings all over my body. At this point I thanked God for blessing me and saving me from hell.
It is a well-known fact that recommendation of an influential person works in our worldly affairs. If a person is jailed and a high ranking police officer calls in asking for the person’s release, the person is freed. The same is very true in our spiritual life. Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj helped me out of hell. I thought to myself, “O’ lustful man! For a moment of sexual pleasure, see how much you had to suffer.”
“O sexual desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wonder in reincarnation through the countless species. You cheat the consciousness, and pervade the three three worlds. You destroy meditation, penance and virtue. But you give only shallow pleasure, while you make the mortals weak and unsteady; you pervade the high and the low. Your fear is dispelled in the Saadh Sangat, the company of the Holy, O Nanak, through the protection and support of the Lord”.
(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang : 1358)

This is quite scary, I don't even know what a paapi like me will get. Maharaaj Kirpa Kare that we don't have to suffer.

5 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

The Giani Ji said that in the time of Kalyug (dark age) the perfect Guru was the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj. Hearing this I was filled with joy that my search from the perfect Guru was over; that I had at last found the Guru I had been looking for and my innermost desire had been fulfilled. I returned home.

That night I dreamt that the Jamdoots (angels of death) were taking my soul away to some destination. On the way I saw other souls been taken away too. They were being tortured by the jamdoots. We were in a long line with many souls in front of meand many followed behind, however my soul was not being tortured because I had recited God’s name.
Where there is no mother, father, children, friends or brothers, O my mind there, only the Naam, the name of the Lord shall be with you as your help and support. Where there, only the Naam shall go along with you (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang : 264)
As we walked along we passed a very dark area. In this darkness we saw some very frightful scenes. They were so terrifying that a person could easily faint from fright.
“Where the path is difficult and the street is narrow, there the lord shall liberate you.”
(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang : 996)
As we went further we came to an extremely hot place. It felt as though there was fire burning under our feet. Then there was a hill which we were ordered to climb. Those whose souls were soiled, found it very difficult to climb this hill. The jamdoots beat them and forced them to climb the hill. Those with pure souls climbed the hill very easlity. According to the Hindu faith, it takes one year for the soul to reach the court of Dharamraj. My soul was traveling at a very fast speed. Along the way I say these scenes but they did not affect my soul directly.
On the other side of the hill the court of Dharamraj where the good and bad deeds done in one’s lifetime are judged and reward or punishment meted out accordingly. Like a PC which enables immediate access to information, Dharamraj too is able look up the accounts of peoples deeds instantly. There was a lady standing in the line next to mine. Dharamraj said to her, “you have served saintly people. There are many pots of milk and a variety of food for you. Although, you have done good deeds you did not meditate on the Lords name. You will be reborn again as a human being. This time be sue to meditate on the lords name in order to retain salvation”. Another person turn came before Dharamraj said “although you were given a chance as a human being, you didn’t do any good deeds. You waisted your life doing evil deeds”. He told the jamdoots “Send this soul to hell and throw it back into the cycle of chawrasi lakh joon (8.4 million life forms).
Next it was my turn. Dharamraj said to me, “You have recited bani meditated on the Lords name, but you mind is soiled from the sins in this life. You have to be sentenced for this. The jamdoots took me to a place where human souls were punished for their bad deeds. The place resembled an immigration area were at the airport people with different passports line up in different lanes. Here there was a seperate line for each bad deed. There was a signboard displayed on every lane. For a lustful person, there was a door to a fire chamber. Next there was a doorway for those who had listened to peoples gossip. They were punished by having red hot liquid iron poured into their ears. Liars had their tongues cut off. Thieves had their hands cut off. I could see the terrifying scenes from where I was standing. There was still a long line in front of me.
Then the jamdoots brought me in front of the fire doorway and commanded me to go inside. I was terrified. They said that if I did not go in, they would beat my head with a heavy club. They pushed me in. It was the most dreadful place like a big pond. Many people were suffering there and screaming in agony. Nothing but cries of anguish could be heard. Nobody could think of food or water. The water in the pond was boiling like a volcano and small creatures were stinging people . The entire night passed in this dream. When it was time for me to get up and do my Paath of Sukhmani Sahib, my soul returned from hell into my body as I chanted “Aad Guray Nameh, Jugad Guray Nameh …” the first line of the bani, “I bow to the Greatest (Waheguru) Who is the source of all; I bow to the Guru who is through the ages…”. When I opened my eyes, I was seating and I had marks of insect stings all over my body. At this point I thanked God for blessing me and saving me from hell.
It is a well-known fact that recommendation of an influential person works in our worldly affairs. If a person is jailed and a high ranking police officer calls in asking for the person’s release, the person is freed. The same is very true in our spiritual life. Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj helped me out of hell. I thought to myself, “O’ lustful man! For a moment of sexual pleasure, see how much you had to suffer.”
“O sexual desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wonder in reincarnation through the countless species. You cheat the consciousness, and pervade the three three worlds. You destroy meditation, penance and virtue. But you give only shallow pleasure, while you make the mortals weak and unsteady; you pervade the high and the low. Your fear is dispelled in the Saadh Sangat, the company of the Holy, O Nanak, through the protection and support of the Lord”.
(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang : 1358)

This is quite scary, I don't even know what a paapi like me will get. Maharaaj Kirpa Kare that we don't have to suffer.

I remember reading that, it's from bhai ramas book. Couldn't stop thinking about it for several days. It's a real eye opener.  I think it's important to read stuff like that every now and then because that is reality,