Which gurdwara do you really want to go to?

puzzled

6 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

That’s where Guru Gobind Singh Jee composed Jaap and Chaupai Sahib.

The river by it is awesome.

They gave me a nice room to stay in since I’m from UK.

I didn't know that  what river is that?  Doesn't look polluted 

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's that 'whirlwind tour' of family members you don't know that ruins it in my opinion. No disrespect to them, but I'd rather soak in the aura of these pavitar places and get some paat and simran in than meet anyone like that. If there was less of that, we'd get more time at these places. 

Yes, I've decided that "chalo chalo" nonsense ruins the serene vibe I'm after. I'm considering a gupt excursion to India just for the sole purpose of trekking around the Gurdware without a family member shooing me out of every Gurughar after 10 mins. 

26 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Yes, I've decided that "chalo chalo" nonsense ruins the serene vibe I'm after. I'm considering a gupt excursion to India just for the sole purpose of trekking around the Gurdware without a family member shooing me out of every Gurughar after 10 mins. 

You could actually soak in the vibrations properly that way - which I think is next to impossible with those 'whirlwind tours'........

Just as you start to feel the vibe permeate your essence - you're dragged off somewhere else. 

I think the relatives back home take these places for granted because they are so easily accessible to them. I think to them it is akin to us taking a relative from abroad to say the Tower of London or something. I don't think some of them properly clock the spiritual significance and importance for us.