Which gurdwara do you really want to go to?

puzzled

There is this gurdwara which I think is lesser known  it's gurdwara charan kanwal in banga near nawanshahr. It's like a 10 min car drive from my nanke house. Guru hargobind sahib ji stayed at that place along with guru har rai sahib ji for 1 month after defeating painde khan. 

The gurdwara was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh 

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Another very important gurdwara goindwal sahib. The baoli sahib was dug by guru amar das ji. I think the city was founded by guru angad dev ji? 

Sri Guru Angad Dev ji Maharaaj founded Khadur Sahib and Sri Guru Amar Das ji Maharaaj founded Goindwal Sahib, I think.

At Boali Sahib there are 84 steps (representing chaurasi lakh just, I think) and there is a bath down there. And people do a Japji Sahib on each step and go back down to do ishnaan and then do another Japji Sahib on the next step. It is said that wipes all your Paaps and it's quite cool.

https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Goindwal

https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Baoli_Sahib

8 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Sri Guru Angad Dev ji Maharaaj founded Khadur Sahib and Sri Guru Amar Das ji Maharaaj founded Goindwal Sahib, I think.

At Boali Sahib there are 84 steps (representing chaurasi lakh just, I think) and there is a bath down there. And people do a Japji Sahib on each step and go back down to do ishnaan and then do another Japji Sahib on the next step. It is said that wipes all your Paaps and it's quite cool.

https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Goindwal

https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Baoli_Sahib

Yeah I read how people do japji sahib on each step. 

Yeah in khadur sahib they have the actual baradari from where guru angad dev ji used to do parchhar they also have the well from where mata kiwi used water to prepare langar. Iv never been but id love to go and see those things.

Have you been down a baoli before and then back up lol? I been up and down the one at the qila at anandpur sahib and I couldn't feel my legs by the end of it lol  my legs were actually shaking lol  when I reached the top I just collapsed and sat there for about 5 mins lol 

Just now, puzzled said:

Have you been down a baoli before and then back up lol? I been up and down the one at the qila at anandpur sahib and I couldn't feel my legs by the end of it lol  my legs were actually shaking lol  when I reached the top I just collapsed and sat there for about 5 mins

I think I went when I was quite young, I remember there was a Ishnaan area where you go down steps but am not sure if it was Boali Sahib. I think it was, it was quite cool.

1 minute ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think I went when I was quite young, I remember there was a Ishnaan area where you go down steps but am not sure if it was Boali Sahib. I think it was, it was quite cool.

Yeah there is ishnaan area right at the bottom. 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

That's a must visit gurdwara then. 

Yeah Guru ji mentions the place in Bachittar Natak. It was where they had their first battles apparently. 

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

CHAUPAI

ਰਾਜ ਸਾਜ ਹਮ ਪਰ ਜਬ ਆਯੋ ॥

ਜਥਾ ਸਕਤਿ ਤਬ ਧਰਮੁ ਚਲਾਯੋ ॥

When I obtained the position of responsibility, I performed the religious acts to the best of my ability.

ਭਾਂਤਿ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਬਨਿ ਖੇਲਿ ਸਿਕਾਰਾ ॥

ਮਾਰੇ ਰੀਛ ਰੋਝ ਝੰਖਾਰਾ ॥੧॥

I went hunting various kinds of animals in the forest and killed bears, nilgais (blue bulls) and elks.1.

ਦੇਸ ਚਾਲ ਹਮ ਤੇ ਪੁਨਿ ਭਈ ॥

ਸਹਰ ਪਾਵਟਾ ਕੀ ਸੁਧਿ ਲਈ ॥

Then I left my home and went to place named Paonta.

ਕਾਲਿੰਦ੍ਰੀ ਤਟਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਿਲਾਸਾ ॥

ਅਨਿਕ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਕੇ ਪੇਖਿ ਤਮਾਸਾ ॥੨॥

I enjoyed my stay on the banks of Kalindri (Yamuna) and saw amusement of various kind2.

ਤਹ ਕੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਘਨੇ ਚੁਨਿ ਮਾਰੇ ॥

ਰੋਝ ਰੀਛ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਬਿਦਾਰੇ ॥

There I killed may lions, nilgais and bears.

ਫਤੇ ਸਾਹ ਕੋਪਾ ਤਬਿ ਰਾਜਾ ॥

ਲੋਹ ਪਰਾ ਹਮ ਸੋ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਾਜਾ ॥੩॥

On this the king Fateh Shah become angry and fought with me without any reason.3.