Regarding touching any human being’s feet

Don't think there is anything wrong with that, touching your mothers feet out of respect or your grandparents etc   my family don't do that it's not part of our tradition but i know some other families who do that. 

But touching a bhamans feet because he is bhaman or wife touching her husband's feet because he is a "devta" is not in line with sikhi   that is just superstition.

That's my take on it but I could be wrong 

On 3/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, ramneeksingh said:

In SGGS or Gurbani, where it is written that “ Sikh should not bow and touch any human being’s feet particularly of a Saint”?

Touching someone´s feet out of respect, is a mark of humility, trying to say that I am as low as your feet .....

Secondly, no real Saint will ever allow anyone to touch his feet. For he is the embodiment of Truth, so naturally that Truth or blessings which we may seek are not gathered at his feet only. He is so powerful that if he would want to give us anything, he can do it so with his drishtee also, or even  7 seas far away, yet he can give us whatever he may want to, for he being a saint is above all parameteres of time and space.

It is we ordinary and limited people,  thatwe think by getting nearer and falling at that the feet of a true saint,  we can get his blessings.

Things do not work like that in spirituality.  He who is a true saint, a bhagat, are rare, but that does not they do no exist.

Just take the examples of our Guru Sahiban, outwardly they looked like any other human being, but inwardly, they are one with Waheguru Akal Purukh.

It is by their grace, we may recognize them, otherwise even by staying under the same roof with them, we may fail to see their true nature.

Examples of the sons of  First Patshahee, and the 2 elder sons of  Fourth Patshahee, though they were Their sons, but did not recognize their Fathers as Akal Purukh Himself.

So bowing to someone and touching their feet is nothing more,  than actually  an act of humility from that person.

Regarding the supreme importance of a True Saint  in the person of His Father  Sree Guru Ram Das, Fifth Patshahee  first says:

tarikhaa na utrai saant na aavai bin darsan Sant pi-aaray jee-o.   My thirst is not quenched, and I can find no peace, without the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint. 

Then He continues saying :

bhaag hua Guru Sant milayaa : By good fortune, I have met the Saint Guru. 

Prabh abhnasee ghar meh paaya : I have found the Immortal Lord within the home of my own self.

And these words are not of any ordinary people, but, of our beloved Guru Sahiban, the very embodiment of Waheguru Akal Purukh here on earth as normal and respectful human beings, without displaying any weapons, nor supernatural powers, nor doing any such things which go against the flow of Nature. Nor having shakti as spouse, nor sleeping or laying on Seshnaag, etc  etc etc , nothing of that nonsense, but at each and every step and word, stressing upon on Nam/ Satnam, the only Supreme everlasting Truth, to which we should give our love and devotion.

Ik Oankar Satnam Satgur parsad jap. This is the essence of sikhee, rest is all Maya and manmat.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest daas guest singh

If u are touching someones feet out of respect like an elder relative i dont  think it should be against gurmat or gurbani

as far as bowing down in front of someone is concerned i dont think yo can bow down in front of 

SACHE PADSHAH HAZRA HAZUR SARAB KALA BHARPUR DHAN DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ SATGURU

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji da khalsa waheguru ji di fateh

sat srii akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Guest daas guest singh
On 3/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, puzzled said:

Don't think there is anything wrong with that, touching your mothers feet out of respect or your grandparents etc   my family don't do that it's not part of our tradition but i know some other families who do that. 

But touching a bhamans feet because he is bhaman or wife touching her husband's feet because he is a "devta" is not in line with sikhi   that is just superstition.

That's my take on it but I could be wrong 

i agree with your opinion i think he is write

bhul chuk maaaf

waheguru ji da khalsa wheguru ji di fateh

sat srii akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Guest daas guest singh

i am so so sorry i dint mean to cause beadbi

i meant this :

On 3/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, Guest daas guest singh said:

as far as bowing down in front of someone is concerned i dont think you can bow down in front of anyone other than

Guest daas guest singh

If u are touching someones feet out of respect like an elder relative i dont  think it should be against gurmat or gurbani

as far as bowing down in front of someone is concerned i dont think you can bow down in front of anyone other than

SACHE PADSHAH HAZRA HAZUR SARAB KALA BHARPUR DHAN DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ SATGURU

bhul chuk maaf

I MEANT THIS 

NOT THIS :

as far as bowing down in front of someone is concerned i dont think yo can bow down in front of 

bhul chuk maaf

BHUL CHUK MAAF 

WGJKWGJF

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 11:48 PM, harsharan000 said:

Secondly, no real Saint will ever allow anyone to touch his feet. 

That is false. A real Sant will not mind whether a person does or does not touch their feet , however sometimes they will object certain people from touching their feet for various reasons such as respect,etc. A true Sant will never in a million years ask or force someone to touch their pavitar charan.