Premi5

What if we knew about directly about our past lives

If we knew about directly about our past lives how different would life be?

Would we be more understanding of all the difficult times we face and the lessons we must learn?

Or would it be too dangerous for our psyche to know about all the relationships we have had with those close in our lives in the past?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It would be too much for our brains to optimally process and function. We barely deal with one lifetime's worth of events and trauma. Having access to a library full of experiences, emotions, and memories spanning centuries would result in most people ending up in the loony bin. Only immensely grounded and enlightened individuals can handle it. The C:/ Format function performed by God at the beginning of each our lifetimes is a good thing. Clean slate, fresh start. 

Edited by MisterrSingh

58 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

If we knew about directly about our past lives how different would life be?

Would we be more understanding of all the difficult times we face and the lessons we must learn?

Or would it be too dangerous for our psyche to know about all the relationships we have had with those close in our lives in the past?

If we knew our past lives we wouldn't want to live this one. So many Paaps we would remember.

Watch this video by Basics of Sikhi. Bhai Jagraj Singh ji answers this question nicely.

Knowing what sins you have committed can be helpful in understanding your path and the obstacles in front of you. But I imagine it’d be overwhelming to the point of paralysing thought. 

Even so, I wish we’d know what kind of lives we have lived to understand the journey of the human soul better. It might help focus ourselves on Guru ji’s path. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I think i was a monkey lol 

what change karam do u reckon u did as a monkey to attain this insaan jeevan?

46 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

what change karam do u reckon u did as a monkey to attain this insaan jeevan?

I think I was a monkey in the mountains in India, near some dharam asthan where I heard kirtan a lot and saw people on yatra traveling    maybe a monkey near anandpur sahib? Lol

Also I shared with the other monkeys and was friendly with people who passed by.

Edited by puzzled
  • Haha 1

As a human in my past life I think I was born a North indian hindu, maybe in UP in the early 20th century. My life was full of passion, love, selfishness, stubbornness, vices and tragedy. I died early and then was beaten the crap out of my the jamdoots and dharamraj ripped my life file up and said get out.    The monkey janam came some point after that, not directly though. 

This is really creative lol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I think I was a monkey in the mountains in India, near some dharam asthan where I heard kirtan a lot and saw people on yatra traveling    maybe a monkey near anandpur sahib? Lol

Also I shared with the other monkeys and was friendly with people who passed by.

maybe u were generous with ur moongphali and served a very hungry sant baba on his travels who later remembered u and returned the seva?

which one r u? a few of em in the background look a bit lost and puzzled as to whats going on....

• Haha 1

Each one can do as wished by knowing past lives.

But one thing is for sure, since countless aeons, eras, yugas, we have done nothing to reunite ourselves with Waheguru, that is why we are still here.

Yet by His apaar kirpa, He has once again given us human birth, so let us make the most of it and follow the Bani implicitly , in order to do his Bhakti adequately, so that once and forever, we get released from this mayavee creation, and merge back in Him.

It is quite difficult to know about our past lives, but let us ask ourselves we commit so many mistakes regulary even in this very life, yet, let us ask ourselves, have we ever been succeeded in overcoming them.

The smokers continue smoking, the alcoholics continue drinking, the drug addicts continue consuming drugs, the kamee continue with their vibchaar/indulging in their kaam tendencies.

They all know at some point that it is bad what they are doing, yet they are helpless.

So if this is our condtion while living here in this very life, what guarantee is there that by knowing past live we will improve and stop commiting them?

We all know, one day we have to go from here, yet we make big plans as if we were  to live here forever, and try to secure a place here, nobody is interested in Him. 

What a pitiful sight. This is maya.

So let us not get paralyzed with such  doubts, rather make the best use of  His kirpa on us by giving us human birth, and placed us in such circumstances and atmosphere,  that we can easily  get the parsad of the teachings of our Guru Sahiban through Bani, and live accordingly, to reunite ourselves with Him

The Bani says: Saas saas simroh Gobind. 

Who knows if we are alive next moment or not , His name is a precious priceless jewel, which we should work on it and polish ourselves with each breath, and in the end gift ourselves to Him at his Lotus Feet.

The only antidote against the unending cycle of births and deaths and their causes, is His sacred Name.

Prabh ka simran, garb na baseh.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000