Ex-Liberal leader Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith had abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry into the MP

dallysingh101

Ex-Liberal leader Lord Steel admits he knew Sir Cyril Smith had abused children but it 'never occurred' to him to hold an inquiry into the MP

• David Steel told the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse he 'assumed' Smith was guilty, after confronting him with allegations Smith did not deny
  • He said Smith told him police had investigated the claims and taken no action
  • Lord Steel, 80, said he had concluded 'he had no position in the matter' because the allegations predated Smith's membership of the Liberal Party

10954080-6806033-image-m-68_155251219285

Lord David Steel, who recommended Cyril Smith for his 1988 knighthood, told IICSA today that Smith all but admitted his child sexual offences to him in a 1979 conversation

10953088-6806033-image-m-53_155251190593

Sir Cyril Smith, who died in 2010, was Liberal MP for Rochdale from 1972 to 1992

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6806033/Ex-Liberal-leader-Lord-Steel-admits-knew-Sir-Cyril-Smith-abused-children.html

Another issue swept under the carpet by the establishment to protect its own. If the will to investigate this case was apparent and genuine, it could've brought down the country. I knew the press and the shadowy movers behind the scenes were ready to collude in order to discredit the allegations, and generally obfuscate the matter at hand in order to dilute the impact and outrage that should've rightly never have been allowed to slip out of the public consciousness. This one goes right to the top. 

23 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Another issue swept under the carpet by the establishment to protect its own. If the will to investigate this case was apparent and genuine, it could've brought down the country. I knew the press and the shadowy movers behind the scenes were ready to collude in order to discredit the allegations, and generally obfuscate the matter at hand in order to dilute the impact and outrage that should've rightly never have been allowed to slip out of the public consciousness. This one goes right to the top. 

I think there may well be some long standing cultural phenomenon going on in Britain in relation to this surreptitious but widespread predatory sexual abuse of minors and vulnerable people. Maybe like an open secret thing the natives have tolerated for centuries or more. This ain't anything new. Look at Ronnie Kray and that Tory Peer for example:

Ronnie_Kray_and_Lo_3480383k.jpg

And I think this may directly relate to the outright persistent and determined obfuscation of the issue of the grooming of Sikh girls (and poor white ones) that we can all clearly see now. 

If you're prepared to go down a rabbit hole, there's a book by Stephen Knight that posits that Jack the Ripper wasn't a random act of savagery conducted by a madman, but a British Establishment ploy to conceal certain misdemeanours and scandals on the part of certain Royals that had the potential to destroy Queen Victoria's British Empire. It's something that's widely discredited as outlandish by people who clearly wouldn't want it to be revealed as fact, but the evidence for it is quite compelling.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, MisterrSingh said:

If you're prepared to go down a rabbit hole, there's a book by Stephen Knight that posits that Jack the Ripper wasn't a random act of savagery conducted by a madman, but a British Establishment ploy to conceal certain misdemeanours and scandals on the part of certain Royals that had the potential to destroy Queen Victoria's British Empire. It's something that's widely discredited as outlandish by people who clearly wouldn't want it to be revealed as fact, but the evidence for it is quite compelling.

That story is a constantly changing one. Just the other day, I read in the paper how the ripper was now considered to be some Polish bloke based on DNA testing. 

I absolutely LOVE Alan Moore's From Hell (graphic novel on the topic), but as good if not better, are all the notes he made at the end. We'll never really know who the ripper was. 

Recently I was told about lots of masonic symbology all around the old East End buildings, which starts making the mind go a bit active. 

As a personal anecdote, I remember as a kid, my older brother telling us younger siblings about this Jack the Ripper who stalked east London and murdered people and had never been caught, and it was scary. What the tw@t failed to tell me was that this was a hundred odd years ago...

It's always nice to have another thing to worry about when your a kid outside. ordered to go to the shops in the dark evening to pick something up .....  lol