49 people killed at New Zealand mosque in shooting spree

dallysingh101

34 minutes ago, BhForce said:

So you're OK with mankind plunging into darkness for a few centuries? And we're to console ourselves with "it'll be just fine, 300 years after my child is dead"?

I don't think you should accuse him of faithlessness in God.

To the contrary, the Western liberals who are OK with jihadis in their midst (to the extent of giving them housing benefits) are the ones who don't have faith in God.

It's exactly the faith of @MisterrSingh and others in God that seems to me to lead to their desire to confront the threat as opposed to just going along to get along.

I mean, when 6th Paatshah decided it was of paramount importance to introduce Miri alongside Piri, did it signify a loss of faith in Akal Purakh and the belief that his spiritual power could overcome any obstacle? Should Sikhs have retreated to the forests and just prayed the Mughals away? When the fort at Chamkaur was under siege I suppose Guru Sahib should've suspended all martial action and preparations, and instigated an Akhand Jaap to shoo the Mughals forces away.

I guess I shouldn't inform fellow brothers and sisters about what may lie ahead in the future (as I see it), and help them chart a course away from pitfalls and obstacles they might encounter in those situations, because merely mentioning the worst case scenario is doom-mongering and a sign of a negative, unbelieving mind(!) Fine. I'll plan for the worst and be glad IF it doesn't happen -- but I will be thoroughly prepared IF it does -- whilst others HOPE and delude themselves into thinking life will continue unhindered, but then are desperately looking around for a saviour or are paralysed through fear and inaction when things do eventually go south. I know what course of action I prefer, and it's not the one that relies on the goodness of humanity. Death is an inescapable truth for all living things, but I'll be darned if it comes to my door before it was meant to, and the only reason I succumb to its embrace before my designated time is because I was too lazy, complacent, or ignorant to think two steps ahead.

4 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I guess I shouldn't inform fellow brothers and sisters about what may lie ahead in the future (as I see it),

No, continue to do what you're doing.

What you're doing is basically presenting one possible future. It's in our hands to possibly prevent that doom. It's possible we may not be able to fully prevent it, but as Sikhs, we're supposed to die trying.

Trying to engage with the world and make the best possible future for our children is not lack of faith in God. It's God that gives us strength to face the monsters (like the Mughals).

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I mean, when 6th Paatshah decided it was of paramount importance to introduce Miri alongside Piri, did it signify a loss of faith in Akal Purakh and the belief that his spiritual power could overcome any obstacle? Should Sikhs have retreated to the forests and just prayed the Mughals away? When the fort at Chamkaur was under siege I suppose Guru Sahib should've suspended all martial action and preparations, and instigated an Akhand Jaap to shoo the Mughals forces away.

I guess I shouldn't inform fellow brothers and sisters about what may lie ahead in the future (as I see it), and help them chart a course away from pitfalls and obstacles they might encounter in those situations, because merely mentioning the worst case scenario is doom-mongering and a sign of a negative, unbelieving mind(!) Fine. I'll plan for the worst and be glad IF it doesn't happen -- but I will be thoroughly prepared IF it does -- whilst others HOPE and delude themselves into thinking life will continue unhindered, but then are desperately looking around for a saviour or are paralysed through fear and inaction when things do eventually go south. I know what course of action I prefer, and it's not the one that relies on the goodness of humanity. Death is an inescapable truth for all living things, but I'll be darned if it comes to my door before it was meant to, and the only reason I succumb to its embrace before my designated time is because I was too lazy, complacent, or ignorant to think two steps ahead.

I will be honest. this makes sense to me !!

• 2 weeks later...

Far right extremists in Britain have viewed ISIS terror and bomb manuals says security minister

• Almost half of extremists identified by the government are from the far right
  • Security minister Ben Wallace today told Parliament about current terror threats
  • He admitted far right extremists have been viewing Isis terror training manuals 
  • He said the right wing threat was highest in the north east and north west  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6877975/Far-right-extremists-Britain-viewed-ISIS-terror-bomb-manuals-says-security-minister.html

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Far right extremists in Britain have viewed ISIS terror and bomb manuals says security minister

•  Almost half of extremists identified by the government are from the far right
  • Security minister Ben Wallace today told Parliament about current terror threats
  • He admitted far right extremists have been viewing Isis terror training manuals 
  • He said the right wing threat was highest in the north east and north west  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6877975/Far-right-extremists-Britain-viewed-ISIS-terror-bomb-manuals-says-security-minister.html

So (question for the UK govt): It's only a problem when the far right views the ISIS manuals? It was always OK for Muslims to read that stuff, radicalize, go fight in Syria, come back with a welcome?

Not that I have any love lost for anyone who wants to use violence.

12 hours ago, BhForce said:

He said the right wing threat was highest in the north east and north west  

12 hours ago, BhForce said:

So (question for the UK govt): It's only a problem when the far right views the ISIS manuals? It was always OK for Muslims to read that stuff, radicalize, go fight in Syria, come back with a welcome?

Not that I have any love lost for anyone who wants to use violence.

Have people noticed that a lot of the extremist movements seem to originate or have strong basis up north, or in the midlands?

I remember all the Islamist parchaar that swifty took a hold of a lot Muslims in London (in the very late 80s onwards) started with 'parchaaraks' that came from there to here. The wahhabi types. They were quite strongly anti-Sikh (or anti Panjabi culture depending on how you look at it) and saw all the bhangra and drinking that was getting popular amongst all the 'asians' at the time as a downward slip by their co-religionists. 

Very quickly (in the space of a couple of years), things changed. Hijabs went from practically nonexistent to commonplace amongst Panjabis. Sulliyan were practically banned from going to these 'gigs' through intimidation. The muslay started growing their beards and cutting their muchaan and wearing jack ups etc.

Speaking retrospectively, and given what we now know about grooming (and how it fed on this bhangra scene and culture), we should have been more astute on what was happening, as a community. Only some people from B'ham seemed to have grasped what was really going on. How comes we was asleep on this one? What lessons are there for us to learn as a community from this? (not that this excuses all the dirty predatory filth that engaged in this stuff or teh persistent (to this day!) denials and cover ups by the police and social services of this country).