Questions about Sikh religion

57 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Tempted is the wrong word, it implies that they were thinking of accepting Maya and what it will give. 

Guru Sahib wasn't tempted, he was just shown Maya and not once thought about accepting any of it, just read their Mahaan Paavan Pavitar Bani in Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj.

Why would the Guru accept any of the maya?  Gurbani says the Guru is God.  So do you say, God didn't accept maya.  There was no thought of accept or deny. The Gurus don't have doubt which creates duality.  

7 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Why would the Guru accept any of the maya?  Gurbani says the Guru is God.  So do you say, God didn't accept maya.  There was no thought of accept or deny. The Gurus don't have doubt which creates duality.  

Exactly, that's what I'm saying, Maharaj never thought about maya, he was just imbued in Waheguru's love.

Kalyug is like the manifestation of the dark age that we are currently living in. Kalyug is the age of confusion, falsehood and corruption.   This age manifested itself in a demonic form before guru nanak dev ji, it tried intimidating guru ji and then offered gold? But guru ji being a reflection of God himself didn't fall for any of kalyug tricks.   Kalyug appeared before guru holding his private parts, when guru ji questioned the position of his hands, kalyug replied saying that this is his age and in his age he will lead people blind with lust and lead them astray with lust. 

Kalyug at the end bowed down before guru ji and admitted defeat 

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

Kalyug is like the manifestation of the dark age that we are currently living in. Kalyug is the age of confusion, falsehood and corruption.   This age manifested itself in a demonic form before guru nanak dev ji, it tried intimidating guru ji and then offered gold? But guru ji being a reflection of God himself didn't fall for any of kalyug tricks.   Kalyug appeared before guru holding his private parts, when guru ji questioned the position of his hands, kalyug replied saying that this is his age and in his age he will lead blind people with lust and lead them astray with lust. 

Kalyug at the end bowed down before guru ji 

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Kaljug was also holding is tongue too so people will also be chasing after taste of food and also slander and love lies (go away from the truth of God as we can see) in the dark of age of Kaljug.

Videos, if anyone wants more detailed information.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:05 PM, Christiangirl52 said:

My first question is: what do you Sikh people think of Christians? I have heard you respect Jesus Christ as a prophet. 

Sikhs usually speak of prophets/founders/teachers of other religions like Jesus, Moses, Krishna, etc. with respect using honorifics like "ji" etc.

That doesn't mean they believe in them as their saviors.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:19 PM, Jaggaa said:

I think there is very little if any mention of him in our scripture or even in any historical literature of ours.

There's no mention of Jesus in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Christiangirl52 said:

Thank you. I have sikh friends and we have good discussions. One matter came up recently. About the devil. In our Bible he certainly features, especially in how he tempted Christ during his 40 days fast in the desert. A mature sikh lady i know is adamant that the same thing occurred to one of your Gurus. So do your holy scriptures have reference to this?

One thing you have to watch for is people who "heard something" and are passing it on to you. The fact is no such event occurred (i.e., temptation). It's impossible to prove a negative, so if your friend insists that it did occur, have her provide the references and post it on this site so we can evaluate it.

I suppose it may be possible she may be referring to the time that Guru Arjan Dev ji was being tortured to martyrdom, but that's simply not the same thing as being tempted by the Devil.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, Christiangirl52 said:

Do Sikhs believe in Satan orcthe devil?

Not as in an entity that stands against God.

There is something called Maya, which is the attachment that humans have for the world.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:00 PM, Christiangirl52 said:

I am impressed immediately actually at the warm welcome. I know Sikhs never cause trouble in the world. It is a good peaceful religion.

Thanks for the kind words.

So i am confident in my faith.

That's good, no one is trying to convert you.

I am fascinated at the many similarities in the teaching in the Bible and in Sikhi.

Most of the basic moral teachings are similar. The mode of worship or of salvation has differences.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, Dsinghdp said:

Sikhi is much more powerful than Christianity because we have 10 Gurus.

Seriously, bro, that's the reason? If someone makes up a religion with 20 leaders, will it be 2X as powerful as Sikhism?

We have Guru Granth Sahib (actually written by the Gurus themselves).

This is an important point. Even Christians don't claim that Jesus Christ wrote the Bible. 

Our scripture is much more vast,

Because it has a 100 or so more pages?

has a deeper meaning

That's an opinion that we might have as Sikhs, but what use is it to say to a Christian?

and can be sung.

Yes, that's true. None of the New Testament is really meant to be sung.