Questions about Sikh religion

So that is the reason why we give the highest respect to Guru Granth Sahib ji. Waheguru/god, Guru, and word/Guru Granth Sahib ji is one.

Sikhi has a lot of depth, and the relationship of a Sikh/disciple and the Guru is the highest of relationships.  I guess in western terms it would be considered "mystical" 

I understand that. 

My personal relationship and prayer to my triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is the most vital in my life. No human being is more important to me. 

To pray and listen in silence is the way to wisdom and the blessing of God who is unchanging, always reliable. The only way to peace in a turbulent changing world. 

On 3/23/2019 at 6:14 AM, Christiangirl52 said:

Ah proof. The Bible itself. Old testament predicted Jesus birth countless times. The four Gospels Mathew Mark Luke and John were accurate eye witness accounts of his 3 year ministry.  There is an incredible amount of evidence of Christ's life and teachings. All his 12 disciples spread His Word and each died terrible deaths. Paul was responsible for writing more than one third of the new testament - mainly in the form of  his letters to the new christian churches. His letters were written mostly from prisons and eventually he was beheaded after spreading the good news of Christ over thousands of miles.

It is otherwise best for one to read countless books for rich amounts of evidence and proof. The Bible comes alive when reading with the help of faith and the Holy Spirit. It flows all through with the same 'voice' despite being written by so many authors over many different years. We believe it is God speaking direct to our hearts. 

I continue to read the Bible, books and listen to teachers. I have had one incredibly powerful experience of the Holy Spirit which proved to me that Jesus loves not only me but all mankind. He sacrificed Himself to prove His love. Each person has to decide for themselves about Jesus. I can only say He has transformed me completely and my life now is full of meaning and i have strength and peace as never before. 

So now tell me how your Holy Book affects you please? God speaks to you. 

You didn't provide any quotes from the bible. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:14 PM, Christiangirl52 said:

So now tell me how your Holy Book affects you please? God speaks to you. 

Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj (the 10th Guru) said that Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the eternal Guru and there is no difference between him and the scripture. Our scripture is the living, eternal word and direct revelation from God and what we do is, if we want some advice or have some problems, offer a prayer standing before Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj (called an Ardaas) and we ask God for help from the bottom of our heart. Then we open Maharaj to a random Ang (it literally means limbs because our scripture is our Guru and it's not just pages) and read the hymn on the top left and that's our command from the Guru/God and it's called a Hukamnama. So many miracles have happened because of Hukamnama.

That is so good. 

Our Bible is also the Word, the voice of God. We believe the Holy Spirit guides our prayers. I put all my problems to God and trust Him. The peace and amazing answers to prayer are essential to my wellbeing. 

I actually worry for atheists. How can they possibly cope with this world? This is a terrible place, going downhill all around. What follows after our life here is over is far far worse in my opinon - unless we have God to ptotect us. 

11 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You didn't provide any quotes from the bible. 

I never do! I feel if anyone wishes to read the Bible they are free to do so. My focus is my personal faith in Christ and my example how i live. The proof of my God is in my behaviour,  my love for my fellow humans. 

If anyone wants to discuss God with me i am happy to do it. My own testimony, experience and life is all i have to offer. 

You see my life was in darkness and despair for a long time. I believed God did not exist. Once i discovered He does, my whole outlook and life changed. People who believe, including all of you, are different. The heart changes and God can work through us to spread His message of love to all. 

I don't know if anyone thinks i am making sense! 

Akalfauji,

Chtistiangirl only wants to learn about Sikhi. Why are you getting so defensive with her questions. 

Yep she may not agree with all the answers.

Christiangirl you are perfectly entitled not to agree with anything or some aspects of Sikhi and there is nothing wrong with that. Afterall you are a christian first and fourthmost. So your beliefs will differ to ours. 

The beauty of being tolerant is finding things we agree on. But you are perfectly entitled not to agree with anything that goes against your faith just like we are also. 

For instance. Many in Christianity believe in preaching and converting. Yet Sikhism is against this. 

I didn't know that- that Sikhs are against converting. I like that. I personally do not push Christianity onto anyone. I find Jehovah's Witnesses for instance quite irritating. My way is to be a good Christian. You cannot pressure anyone into faith, it is each person's own path. 

Having said that, Jesus gave The Great Commission. Meaning to spread the message of the Good News of the Gospels to all the world. This is up to each person to do as they can. So yes, we have evangelists. Billy Graham was a great preacher. 

I am just a quiet person though and choose to do things in my own small way. 

So your gurus never said to attempt to spread your religion? Surely this has to be done to some extent? 

14 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Akalfauji,

Chtistiangirl only wants to learn about Sikhi. Why are you getting so defensive with her questions. 

Yep she may not agree with all the answers.

Christiangirl you are perfectly entitled not to agree with anything or some aspects of Sikhi and there is nothing wrong with that. Afterall you are a christian first and fourthmost. So your beliefs will differ to ours. 

The beauty of being tolerant is finding things we agree on. But you are perfectly entitled not to agree with anything that goes against your faith just like we are also. 

For instance. Many in Christianity believe in preaching and converting. Yet Sikhism is against this. 

Hi

Question: if Sikhism is against evangelising at all  then how does the religion grow in numbers?  Do you want people of other cultures to become Sikh? I know they do- so it must be naturally by chance i presume. 

Also i know muslims have caused a lot of trouble for Sikhs over a long time. Briefly, is their goal to make Sikh people convert? I presume there has been no problem between Sikhs and Christians - we seem to have respect and leave each other be!

@Christiangirl52

Hi   why do you think the Jews rejected Jesus as the messiah? I think Jews rejected Jesus because jews believe that God doesn't take human form, Jews also believe that the messiah will come and build the temple.  Whats your view on this whole thing? 

I know that some Christians give the old testament importance while some do not, how do you see the old testament? 

It ain't a challenge I'm just interested in knowing lol   iv read the old testament just out of curiosity