Eat 3 times a day?

mahandulai

Guest GuestSingh
10 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

I have heard that Gurus only ate only once a day

have u got any source for that? like a written historical account or katha recording? would like to know much more about their diet in those times - even what herbs/spices they wouldve used for medicine as opposed to food etc.

been doing this myself in the last few months - daal roti pani which aint enough if u wanna train...but if wat ur saying is true then how could they have sustained their weight or even gained any at all during war and travel? were fortunate the 'sikh diet' consists mainly of things like wheat, lentils/beans, rice, milk, ghee, nuts/seeds etc. that are all high in the necessary stuff i.e. protein, carbs and fat but still one meal wouldnt be enough would it?

26 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

have u got any source for that? like a written historical account or katha recording? would like to know much more about their diet in those times - even what herbs/spices they wouldve used for medicine as opposed to food etc.

been doing this myself in the last few months - daal roti pani which aint enough if u wanna train...but if wat ur saying is true then how could they have sustained their weight or even gained any at all during war and travel? were fortunate the 'sikh diet' consists mainly of things like wheat, lentils/beans, rice, milk, ghee, nuts/seeds etc. that are all high in the necessary stuff i.e. protein, carbs and fat but still one meal wouldnt be enough would it?

I don't have a source for this. It's something I heard a few years ago from a Singh who is really into Bhagti. He said to me that since ancient times holy men of India only ate once a day as that type of eating habit keeps them alert for Bhakti/meditation purposes. Looking further into this even holymen of other religions eat once a day. Buddha only ate once a day. In the Abrahamic tradition the prophets are said to eat once a day.