How do you answer the claim that Sikhism plagiarized from Hinduism ..

On 3/21/2019 at 10:19 PM, dallysingh101 said:

There are clearly elements of cross over from Indic culture in Sikhi. Only a retard would deny this, or someone hardcore brainwashed by the Bhausauria mindset.

You just waste your energy getting into these 'debates'. 

In my opinion the big difference between Sikhi and 'Hinduism' isn't in spiritual practices, but in the social vision of Sikhi, as opposed to Hinduism which is built on rigid caste stratification. Sikhi introduced egalitarianism to the masses. A social vision where one's destiny wasn't tied to perceived caste duties. 

It isn't even worth pointing this out to Hindus because plenty of our own are actually worse than Hindus when it comes to casteism (and smart Hindus will point that out), and we all know which particular 'jaat' is most obsessed with this in our quom. 

Forget outside, we got lots of work to do inside. Plus you being a semi-open, or easily identifiable gay, probably gives them a good laugh when you over react to their ish. 

Its not abt who is greater . Sometimes people are genuinely interested in knowing the nuances between two similar philosophies.

Sometimes Sikhi can get very close to Advaita vedantic hinduism. 

Gurbani with themes like "Nothing else exists except god" or that "he's both sargun and nirgun" is a common , core theme of advaita vedanta . Hence it is natural some people might out of sheer curiosity ask the subtle difference between the philosophy in gurbani vs that found in the vedant . 

And besides seeking the answers to such questions helps us understand our own religion better and enable us to participate in inter-religious debate. 

Ok, from whatever cursory knowledge I have of going though vedantic scriptures or shows , I might say , In Hinduism , Parbrahm is the ultimate , non-personal , feeling-less , "can't give a dammn" void in which everything merges back. It doesn't look after anyone, its more like the terminal state.And its not even considered worship-worthy by most. "Grace" factor of Parbrahm is almost absent. Aspirants strong will only helps them reach that state.

Whereas in Sikhi , Parbrahm is the only thing worthy of worship , and loves all his creation like a parent and especially his devotees. Sikhi believes in "grace" and divine will of parbrahm to reach itself . 

On 3/22/2019 at 3:50 AM, dallysingh101 said:

I'd be careful, victorian goray's imaginations seems to have gone overdrive in fear of these 'thugees'. Sure, some were probably around, most were probably just plain thieves, not religiously motivated. 

The word "thug" is found in gurbani too. And is interpreted commonly to refer to thief . "Banaras ke thug" for instance in kabir bani 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:34 AM, puzzled said:

I mean my Christian friend told me that Jews used to sacrifice goats for god in the temple but then Jesus came and told people that there is no need for that and that God don't need a animal sacrifice, just like he told people that there no longer is need for male circumcision. 

Even in quran its mentioned , sacrifices of goat's don't reach god , ,except only your pious actions. Circumcision is also not mentioned in any places in quran. It was muhammad who continued with the jewish traditions ... whoops ! lol 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:16 AM, BhForce said:

The answer is that the ultimate source of gian (knowledge/wisdom) is God. People (prophets, avatars, rishis, etc.) obtain some level of gian. That's "Hinduism", or the Abrahamic religions.

That wasn't perfect, though. The Vedas are not perfect.

Guru Granth Sahib ji is perfect, however. The source was the same source (God), but Guru Sahib had a direct line to God because they were God.

Your Hindu friend doesn't have to accept this, but that's what we believe.

This also answers the question of similarities between "Hinduism" and Sikhism. The fact is, they got some things right.

this makes some sense I think 

On 3/21/2019 at 6:49 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

like how many of the key concepts are almost same in both of them , viz , Karma , Dharma, belief in rebirth , belief that last thought of a dying person manifests in afterlife, etc etc

and the sameness or concurrence of festivals  : Bandi chhor/diwali, Holi/Hola , etc 

How do you answer if a hindu brother asked you "but you copied from hindu religion" 

SSA.

Gurmat / Sikhee has not copied anything from hindu religion. For as we know in the  Bani, Guru Jee says:

Aad Sach    Jugad Sach    hae bhee  Sach   Nanak hosee bhee Sach

Our Waheguru Akal Purukh, exists since the very begining, when there were no creation of any type, only He existed in His Shabad /Nam form.

It was only later, when Akal Purukh created and brought forward His play by His Hukum, that thes gods, devtays, trinites and avatars came into existence, so how come we have copied their faith?

Other thing is, there are some comon factors for all those who travel or tread the path of spirituality, such as krama, reincarnations, sanskaras....etc.

The thing is, although they do not know nor will they ever accept, the difference lies in the destinations as goals.

While they, and most religions´ aim or goal is their gods and divinities which all exist in the realms of Maya, our Waheguru Akal Purukh is Parbraham Parmeswar,  which means beyond all  Mayavee boundaries, and there  where He is, only He  Himself exists.  Just as all rivers flow to merge and become one with the Ocean, similarly, we do not go to Sachh Khand to remain as limited individuals, but for reaching there and becoming Him, that is His wadeeayee, which no other entity can do so. 

While others reach their destinations after much efforts to the realms of their beliefs, yet there, they remain for a certain time of period as distinctive individuals, then fall back into the creation of the wheel of 84 just as the entities worshipped by them.

Meanwhile in Sikhee, if we act accordingly and diligently as per the teachings of Guru Jee, with His Grace alone we cross all the different dimensions, reach Sach Khand, to finally merge and without any possible distinction become one with Him.

So brother, we have nothing copied from anyone, but yes that much can be said, it is privilege and a blessing to be born into Sikhee, for only then can one be reunited with Him, through His real bhakti.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.