1 minute ago, Christiangirl52 said:

Hi

So what do you think of our Lord's Prayer where if we are to forgive, we also must forgive? Does a Sikh forgive others who hurt him? 

Hello Sister.

Yes, well, if you read the quotes I gave above, it implies that a Sikh should forgive.

E.g., if (as written in Gurbani), I am bad and others are good, there's no reason that I should continue to feel hatred towards them. 

The lines above encourage Sikhs to kiss the feet of those that hit them (or turn the other cheek in Biblical language).

3 minutes ago, Christiangirl52 said:

Personally i find this difficult. Many people even in my own family continue to hurt me.

Yeah, it's hard.

As Christians Sikhs we don’t believe in the Original Sin that we are born sinners. Somehow we have inherited Adam and Eve sin and have to be always feeling guilty and redeemed from it through.......Our belief is that we are born blessed. It’s a play of consciousness of physical and spiritual world. Separation and Unity cycle it’s not supposed be a burden but a blessing. Separation is not our true nature so it feels a constant struggle for feeling normal but never does.