i want to die??

Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100

Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100

Hi, so basically im a 22 year old female and i am completely fkin fed up of life I HATE IT AND I HATE EVERYONE IN IT.  and all i can think about is killing myself lately??? :(  it just seems there is no point in me living anymore. is there some sort of paat or kirtan or ANYTHING that can help me feel better!? I dnt rlly know what im suppose to listen too, religion is like my last resort rn cos MAYBE GOD CAN FRICKEN HELP ME. i feel so alone and hopeless and i have like 5839 meltdowns a day.  THANK U FOR READING THIS AND I RLLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP TBH.

2 hours ago, Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100 said:

Hi, so basically im a 22 year old female and i am completely fkin fed up of life I HATE IT AND I HATE EVERYONE IN IT.  and all i can think about is killing myself lately??? :(  it just seems there is no point in me living anymore. is there some sort of paat or kirtan or ANYTHING that can help me feel better!? I dnt rlly know what im suppose to listen too, religion is like my last resort rn cos MAYBE GOD CAN FRICKEN HELP ME. i feel so alone and hopeless and i have like 5839 meltdowns a day.  THANK U FOR READING THIS AND I RLLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP TBH.

Give sikhi dharam a chance and see if that helps you. I would encourage you to start with Katha first.

1. Basics of Sikhi - Start this playlist with video # 2

2. Do Sukhmani Sahib Paath - Importance of it

Share if it helps you or not.

Make religion your first resort and everything will start getting better. Read the sikh rehat and maryada/code of conduct, it will give you guidance and structure in your life. Sikhi gives you a purpose. Most people on earth are waking around with no structure guidance or purpose. A few years back I too hated living and had no guidance or purpose, I was just doing things for the sake of doing things, waking up and working without thinking. Sikhi then gives you guidance and structure, it gives you a purpose and tells you why you are. 

There is more in life than what you see or know, so much more ... 

15 hours ago, Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100 said:

If you did it, It would be millions times worse in hell.

Get up, build your life up and make it amazing. That's what I've done :)

Get therapy, you need it asap. Try the IAPT service if youre in the UK, its free.

17 hours ago, Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100 said:

First of all stop worrying . You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Life is a precious gift. Cherish it. Dont do what you are thinking about. You are at a low stage now but trust things will get better. 

I dont know your personal circumstances. But I am guessing you may have some mind health issues such as anxiety or depression. I am guessing here but something to do with drug alcohol substance addiction or family/ career issues that maybe causing it. 

Would you care to elaborate on what it is that is making you feel this way? If not it is perfectly okay if you dont want to discuss it. But it would help as we would be able to make suggestions based on what you are going through at this present time. 

I recommend the following

Stop drinking/drug if you are doing this

Spend more time outside. Ie get your mind occupied on positive things that will help you in your life

Exercise, be more active, eat better healthy food. 

a lack of all the above can lead to feeling unhealthy both physically and mentally.

Above all seek help from a professional who is trained in dealing with these problems

17 hours ago, Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100 said:

What is it that you are so fed up about that makes you feel like this?

22 hours ago, Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100 said:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Sat Sri Akaal Bhenji,

Please don't think of bad thoughts. Preetam Pyare Waheguru ji is Dayaavan and Kirpaal and he loves you. Remember the purpose of this life is to meet our beloved by singing his Kirtan and Japping his Naam which is received when we give our heads to Panj Pyare and are blessed by the Guru with Amrit Di Daat.

The truth is that Waheguru is here with us and that you do have a purpose, to connect with him and serve others with love. I'm not saying we can't do worldly things like work. We should work, Maharaj says earn an honest living

So Purakh - Guru Arjan Dev Ji - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - Ang 12

ਆਸਾਮਹਲਾ੫॥

Aasaa, Fifth Mehla:

ਭਈਪਰਾਪਤਿਮਾਨੁਖਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ॥

This human body has been given to you.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦਮਿਲਣਕੀਇਹਤੇਰੀਬਰੀਆ॥

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

ਅਵਰਿਕਾਜਤੇਰੈਕਿਤੈਨਕਾਮ॥

Nothing else will work.

ਮਿਲੁਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿਭਜੁਕੇਵਲਨਾਮ॥੧॥

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

ਸਰੰਜਾਮਿਲਾਗੁਭਵਜਲਤਰਨਕੈ॥

Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean.

ਜਨਮੁਬ੍ਰਿਥਾਜਾਤਰੰਗਿਮਾਇਆਕੈ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ॥

You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause||

ਜਪੁਤਪੁਸੰਜਮੁਧਰਮੁਨਕਮਾਇਆ॥

I have not practiced meditation, self-discipline, self-restraint or righteous living.

ਸੇਵਾਸਾਧਨਜਾਨਿਆਹਰਿਰਾਇਆ॥

I have not served the Holy; I have not acknowledged the Lord, my King.

ਕਹੁਨਾਨਕਹਮਨੀਚਕਰੰਮਾ॥

Says Nanak, my actions are contemptible!

ਸਰਣਿਪਰੇਕੀਰਾਖਹੁਸਰਮਾ॥੨॥੪॥

O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary; please, preserve my honor! ||2||4||

Listen to Sukhmani Sahib. Professor Satnam Singh Sethi's voice is quite calm and soothing. Listen along with the meaning and your Dukh will go away.

A few points to keep in mind if you want your Dukh to go away:

1) Have full faith in Waheguru (in his existence and loving, powerful nature)

2) Ask from the bottom of your heart for him to remove the bad thoughts

3) Listen and Read Gurbani with focus

Maharaj will surely help you.

So sister ji we are all the children of Waheguru. He loves us. You have a purpose and a life to live. We all love you as a sister and pray to Waheguru ji that he will help you out.

There are subtitles in English if you can't understand Punjabi.

ਤੂਠਾਕੁਰੁਤੁਮਪਹਿਅਰਦਾਸਿ॥

You are our Lord and Master; to You, I offer this prayer.

ਜੀਉਪਿੰਡੁਸਭੁਤੇਰੀਰਾਸਿ॥

This body and soul are all Your property.

ਤੁਮਮਾਤਪਿਤਾਹਮਬਾਰਿਕਤੇਰੇ॥

You are our mother and father; we are Your children.

ਤੁਮਰੀਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਮਹਿਸੂਖਘਨੇਰੇ॥

In Your Grace, there are so many joys!

ਕੋਇਨਜਾਨੈਤੁਮਰਾਅੰਤੁ॥

No one knows Your limits.

ਊਚੇਤੇਊਚਾਭਗਵੰਤ॥

O Highest of the High, Most Generous God,

ਸਗਲਸਮਗ੍ਰੀਤੁਮਰੈਸੂਤ੍ਰਿਧਾਰੀ॥

the whole creation is strung on Your thread.

ਤੁਮਤੇਹੋਇਸੁਆਗਿਆਕਾਰੀ॥

That which has come from You is under Your Command.

ਤੁਮਰੀਗਤਿਮਿਤਿਤੁਮਹੀਜਾਨੀ॥

You alone know Your state and extent.

ਨਾਨਕਦਾਸਸਦਾਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ॥੮॥੪॥

Nanak, Your slave, is forever a sacrifice. ||8||4||

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ

Guest ItsOk

If your in the UK then there is 'Sikh Your Mind', a group who help people who may need support. Im a guy and I have read about there work, generally that group is lead by sikh women.

Its sounds like there may be a number of issues, obviously the advice on here will be based on many assumptions.

Firstly reflect honestly on your mental well being, remember there is no shame to seek assistance.

Review your environment, obviously if theres any harm to you physically or emotionally then that needs immediate action. In othercases its about having some time out and space to think. And slowly changing your environment or dealing with each issue.

Go to the gurdwara, try to make a regular attendance, where you can try to  take time out and pray. Early morning is a good time especially if you find during the day your mind is unsettled.

Join a community volunteering group or get involved with some seva at the gurdwara.

Speak to a counsellor, if you go to the gp they will help you and refer you.

If you need to speak to someone asap then call the sikh awareness hotline or samaritans. They will guide you. 

Guest guest
On 3/23/2019 at 10:40 PM, Guest NONEOFURBUSINESS100 said:

maybe change your outlook/attitude.  try and see the good/beauty around you rather than the bad around you.

if there seems no point in living, how does that justify suicide? just live without a point (!).  

also, you have life and health.  use it for something productive.  why don't you start Naam Simran?  at least you will have a purpose.  just remember God all day, no matter what.  make that your purpose.

merely reciting some Paath is not going to help.  you need to have faith in God and start seeing yourself as His sevak.  there its not the situation that you find yourself in that is important, only how you are reacting to it. 

have some humility.  just because you desires are not fulfilled or things don't go the way you want them to, does not mean you should contemplate suicide.  don't be so stupid.