Head & Shoulders - New formula shampoo

Big_Tera

Guest Corrupt
On 3/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, Big_Tera said:

I have been using head and shoulders for as long as I can remember. I have never had any issues with it. It completely sorts out the itchy scalp and dandruff.

Theat all changed about 3 months ago when for some reason head and shoulders changed their formula. 

They said that the new forumula is better and more advanced. 

What a load of bullsh1te. 

The new formula is made my scalp worse and is alot worse then the old bottle.

Anyone notice with their new version bottle. Not sure why they had to go change something that worked. 

I'm not sure. 

But you know Johnson and Johnson recently was found to have added ingredients that cause disease. 

I had an Intuition years ago (god speaking to me) that they caused diseases and stopped using them. 

Very sad that companies do that 

If you wear a turban expect a sweaty head and scalp along with the hair. Think about it. All that heat and sweat from wearing a head covering all day gets trapped causing excess moisture and itching build up which makes dandruff worse. ie yeast formation. Especially as the hair is long. 

I wash hair everyday. But use very little shampoo which minimises the harmful affects. 

Unfortunately shampoo company change QUICK! these days. Pantene, H&S been around for years. Garniers' Fructis also appears t have disappeared(?) on shop shelves.

For smooth kes I'd recommend Argan oil shampoo.

I used H&S once (free sample through the letterbox, lol); never again. Made my kesh dry and brittle. Some of the more modest brands do a better job, such as Alberto Balsam and a few others. I've never had scalp issues but there must be a desi ilaaj for those type of flare-ups. It's one thing going out and smelling of various Indian oils, but I don't see a problem with massaging the head with oil for an hour or so before shampooing it out. Also aids in a peaceful night's sleep in my experience.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, Big_Tera said:

If you wear a turban expect a sweaty head and scalp along with the hair. Think about it. All that heat and sweat from wearing a head covering all day gets trapped causing excess moisture and itching build up which makes dandruff worse. ie yeast formation. Especially as the hair is long. 

Are you serious? "yeast formation"?

That doesn't even happen in India, much less cold and rainy England and Canada.

No one is berating you for cutting your hair. If you want to cut your hair, then cut it.

I fail to see why you would write such utterly hateful words for a physical form which our Gurus kept. This would be something like a Hindu or Muslim would write.

It sounds like argumentation for why not to keep your hair.

Guest guest

you should email the company with your feedback to inform their future product development.

dandruff can be due to nutritional deficiency.  i recommend you eat more vegetarian foods containing zinc.  google some natural sources and incorporate a small amount into your daily intake.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, BhForce said:

Are you serious? "yeast formation"?

That doesn't even happen in India, much less cold and rainy England and Canada.

No one is berating you for cutting your hair. If you want to cut your hair, then cut it.

I fail to see why you would write such utterly hateful words for a physical form which our Gurus kept. This would be something like a Hindu or Muslim would write.

It sounds like argumentation for why not to keep your hair.

From experience when I have worn a head covering such as a hat or wolly hat in cold/hot weather. It has made dandruff worse due to causing more sweat build up due to cap/hat causing excess heat in scalp. 

Obviously that is not the case for everyone. I know some people who dont wear turban due to health issues as it can exacerbate certain conditions. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah the new formula isn't working for me, they've removed the zinc pyrithione (Among others) which I need, as it's good for my seborrhoeic dermatitis when it flares up. I use the conditioner mostly and sparsely the shampoo (Too abrasive, only use when I need to) I order the classic formula online. Glad someone else noticed this.

J  

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 3/24/2019 at 1:45 PM, Big_Tera said:

I have been using head and shoulders for as long as I can remember. I have never had any issues with it. It completely sorts out the itchy scalp and dandruff.

That all changed about 3 months ago when for some reason head and shoulders changed their formula. 

They said that the new forumula is better and more advanced. 

What a load of bullsh1te. 

The new formula is made my scalp worse and is alot worse then the old bottle.

Anyone notice with their new version bottle. Not sure why they had to go change something that worked. 

Big Tera,

I'm a little bit worried about imparting my knowledge with you because MisterSingh gets his knickers in a twist whenever I do but, I'm sorry to say, this is another one of those things that I'm really good at so....seeing how I like you - will offer you some advice:

You know how I'm always going on about trying to live my life in an environmental - friendly way ?  Well, years ago, I decided never to use shampoo on my hair and soap on my face. Yes...you heard right....I don't wash my face with soap or anything other than water (and that's why I look so damn good). I'll come back to that in a minute but first lets address your shampoo issue. Ditch the shampoo bottle....any shampoo....ALL shampoos....and use a solid shampoo bar instead - like a bar of soap but different. We get ours from Lush but I presume Body Shop do them as well. You will be amazed how healthy (and dandruff free) your hair will look and feel. And, the most important thing (as well as helping save the environment) how good it is for your scalp.

Now....back to the face washing. Everyone always tells me how young the skin on my face looks and my secret is that I never use soap or face wash or indeed anything. Only water. And...........the biggest secret of them all.....(drum roll please)............Ponds Cream that I order from the Avon lady (yes that Ponds cream.....the one your mum used to have on her dressing table).  I rub ponds cream on my face just before I go to sleep and once in the morning after washing my face with nothing but water. The result is that I have the face of a little boy you might find hidden in the bedroom of an Afghan / Pakistani man. Well, not so much 'face' as such because little boys don't have beards but definately the youthful skin complexion of a lovely little bacha bazi dancing boy. One that ancient Persian poets might write religious double meaning poems about.