Amrit after marriage

Guest kookarteredarbar

Guest kookarteredarbar

WJKK WJKF Sangat ji

What should be done in case one of members in couple wants to partake amrit few years after marriage? To set up context, I was non kesadhari sikh few years back and married a hindu girl. Few years into a marriage and few setbacks in life, I started reading gurbani and doing sangat a lot. Still was non kesadhari then. Kep full rehit of baani including nitnem, kirtan, sangat , simran etc. Nitnem (all 7 banis) were kanth to  me. My wife continued followed her religion and there was no interference. She would join me for gurudwara but still do her own thing at home. Fast forward few years and another major setback, I kept my kesh and did prakash of dahra sahib. Started doing sehaj path and more strict in my rehit including hours of nitnem, kirtan. In fact I have reached a stage whenever I am free, I would either listen to kirtan, katha or read gurbani related books or memorize Gurbani  - No TV or any activity that world calls entertainment. My wife supported me and I was able to make her understand about one God and life of Sikh. 

Now I have got too much ahead and  I feel there is a call from Guru Gobind Singh for Amrit chakk and I am totally ready and excited. Now some people say that both partners have to take amrit together. In my case, my wife may take years to just get onto Sikhi path or may refuse altogether. She is following all sikh traditions but she is also following hindu way. She listen to path I am doing sometimes. My problem is that should I go ahead and take Amrit which I really want to? May be if Guru sahib showers blessings, she will join sometime in future. Remember, she doesn't have any issue with me taking amrit.

Having suffered huge setbacks in life, I don't want to wait further and want to start my new journey asap. For me Guru sahib is most important and other relationships come later. Should I take the jump or wait for my wife to join. It may happen that she doesn't change and I may be without amrit for whole life which is certainly very-2 distressing for me.

Can amritdhari man stay with non amritdhari wife? If yes, what are the usual dos and don'ts