Someone asked why a christian should be on this forum. A good question indeed. 

Many reasons. It is in order to understand your underlying contemplative experiences and thus enrich my own worship. To explore information about your faith, to ask questions about your religious intuitions and truths. I think we have a huge amount in common despite important surface differences. Eastern wisdom interests me. For many years Buddhism was my interest and i found a lot was useful but ultimately unsatisfying. I have been seeking peace and strength from many sources for many years. None gave me the treasure i have in Christianity. 

Only when i faced insurmountable difficulties in my life did i realise it is God i sought all along and Christ who i need.  I think Sikhs know God very deeply and i feel christians can learn a lot from you. Also vice versa. Talking to Sikhs i have found astounding similarities in our journey of knowing our Creator. 

I am a committed Christian, this will never change. But i see no reason to close my mind to the riches of other faiths such as yours. Yes we have huge vital differences but so much common ground. I firmly believe if people truly communicate, between cultures and religions, this would become a heaven on earth instead of the horrors people do to each other in the name of religion. Our God is the same essentially. To hurt or kill anyone for their different outlook is against God's will. It is the greatest tragedy and foolishness of humankind. 

1 hour ago, Christiangirl52 said:

To hurt or kill anyone for their different outlook is against God's will. It is the greatest tragedy and foolishness of humankind. 

This is quite true.

Respect is the key word. 

What each one believes or does, it is solely their outlook,  the thing is not  to interfere with others by trying to impose our beliefs on others.

Just as if I am a doctor or like football, what or how does it affect me, if someone wnats to be and engineer or likes basketball, or any other thing.

We should keep in mind, the spiritual path is not a collective one, nor does it need huge crowds to be travelled.

It is an individual path, just as one is born alone and dies alone, so each one has to decide for himself or herself, what does one want to follow, or even to be an atheist; as long as one does not hurt the feelings of others, neither by belittleilng, nor by sarcasm on anyone or others faiths.

As there is  wise saying, one may go and pray several times a day in the different temples, churches, mosques, or places of pilgrimages, but after that, it is more important how we treat others and deal with them.

Any good faith, in order to makes us progress in spirituality, neccesarily has to make us first human beings, not blind fanatics nor wicked.

In sikhee, those who follow it implicitly, do understand, that if anyone is born in other religions, races , etc, is is all by the divine will and if that is so, whom to considere low or high, are they not subject to the very laws of wise Nature.

Then? 

Why so much narrow mindedness or hatred?

Who can go or turn the motion of Nature?

We can not change even our destines, or our weaknesses and we are foolislhly going to convert or change others faiths? 

Insanity has no limits.

Stay blessed.

SSA

I feel great sadness for atheists though. Because i know the joy and strength God gives me, i have become sensitive to those who are empty and struggling under the belief that there is no God. I feel it my duty to help those around me to wake up to God's goodness. This i do mainly by being a good helpful kind person but also i suggest they try prayer. I also talk about my faith and get people to talk about their feeling on the subject. If i do nothing surely i fail as i kind of keep God to myself whereas He is for everyone. Does this make sense? Should we not spread wisdom as we acquire it - without being patronising or insensitive? 

I'm thinking especially when people are bereaved. That is when they need to know comfort and that God loves them and will help them in ways no human can. I came to know Gods love through loss. 

Sister, it is good you have love for God. 

If you ever want to help someone, be an example yourself.

As for others welfare, just pray.

For if He is omnsicient and omnipotent, and each one is born accordingly to the laws of Nature in those particular circumstances, surroundings ..... do you think any human efforts will change that divine course of nature?

For example, I may believe  Sikhee is the only true path, but then  even trying to put it forward respectfully in front of others, will only create me problems, for each one´s understanding is different specially in religious matters, and they may feel threatened, then it only triggers hatred and violence. The opposite desired effect. Mankind is not simple as it apears to be but the most complicated .... LOL

Who are we after all? We are nothing.  He who is the owner of this His creation, is wise enough to do His job without our intromission or suggestions. He makes no mistakes, unlike we humans and try to amend them.

To accept His will, is also to respect His creation, for as said above, each one has been placed at a particular place/destiny, not by any partiality on His part , but by laws of Nature, and that also by their own merits which they have to pay off,  whether smilingly or by wailing.

God is like the Sun, who gives the same Light and warmth (love and blessings) to all without any distiction, be it animals, sinners,  saints,  or an atheist, be it of any religion, color or nationality, it is the foolish people who divide and create limitations and barriers, thus shun the divinity within them.

He does not withold His true benevolent Nature of mercy and blessings on anyone, it is we who by our unhuman nature we turn away our faces from Him, then it matters not, how much we religious we feel about ourselves

Our narrow mindedness, makes us think in terms of, my god, his god or their god, that is all illusion, untruth, which keeps us inthe darkness of ignorance . 

Had anybody seen truly God in its real form, nobody would say I am a christian, a muslim a hindu or a sikh, for then one will see His Light in all and everywhere.

Spirituality is only intended to make us arise above our human limitations and make us see His divine will (Laws of Nature),  working at all times and places. 

If we submit ourselves to His will, then in spite of our complicated human nature,  there are much chances to live peacefully and respectfully.

The problem arises when we fail to understand His will,  we arrogantly and wicked try to impose our beliefs on others,  and this has been the cause of hatred among the people of different communities and faiths, since many centutries.

And as long as we do not become aware of this  fact of respecting and accepting others as they are, people will continue being blindedly evil and unhuman.

Being human is nothing, but as simple as being helpful to others and not doing anything to them which we would not want for ourselves.

Stay blessed.

Kind of you to say - lol! 

It is so similar on christian forums. So many arguments going on. Especially when atheists visit. I don't waste my energy. God loves everyone, we are each His creation, His child. 

I believe the Devil, whom we Christians believe is real,  is delighted when people disagree. It means their attention is nicely distracted from God's real message - of love and mercy. 

Atheists are also a part of God's creation, and god loves them too, though they're in ignorance but we shouldn't judge , because Sikhism says humans can't do anything, no one can do anything, we only do what god directs us to. 

He shows some of us the way, and bewilder some of us. Its all his play and will . 

That is the best kindest way to look at it. We each have to find our way. God is right beside us but if one is atheist one is blind and deaf spiritually. 

I myself am so grateful. I was into middle age before i realised God is real. Yet He was always with me. I was a blind deaf wilful fool for decades! Yet i am forgiven and blessed now.

We Christians love the story of 'The prodigal Son' which illustrates our Father's love. Do you have an equivalent scripture in your Holy Book? A teaching to inspire those who stray from God but then reach for Him? 

On 3/30/2019 at 4:40 AM, harsharan000 said:

Had anybody seen truly God in its real form, nobody would say I am a christian, a muslim a hindu or a sikh, for then one will see His Light in all and everywhere.

No, Gurbani says...

ਜੈਸੀ ਗਗਨਿ ਫਿਰੰਤੀ ਊਡਤੀ ਕਪਰੇ ਬਾਗੇ ਵਾਲੀ ॥
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਚਿੱਟੇ ਖੰਭਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ (ਕੂੰਜ) ਆਸਮਾਨ ਵਿਚ ਉੱਡਦੀ ਫਿਰਦੀ ਹੈ, 
The white flamingo circles through the sky,
SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 168 RAAG GAUREE GURU RAAM DAAS JI

ਓਹ ਰਾਖੈ ਚੀਤੁ ਪੀਛੈ ਬਿਚਿ ਬਚਰੇ ਨਿਤ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਸਾਰਿ ਸਮਾਲੀ ॥
ਪਰ ਉਹ ਪਿੱਛੇ (ਰਹੇ ਹੋਏ ਆਪਣੇ) ਨਿੱਕੇ ਨਿੱਕੇ ਬੱਚਿਆਂ ਵਿਚ ਆਪਣਾ ਚਿੱਤ ਰੱਖਦੀ ਹੈ, ਸਦਾ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਂਭਦੀ ਹੈ ਸੰਭਾਲਦੀ ਹੈ; 
but she keeps her young ones in her mind; she has left them behind, but she constantly remembers them in her heart.

ਤਿਉ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਿਖ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਰਖੈ ਜੀਅ ਨਾਲੀ ॥੨॥
ਇਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਹੈ, ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਹਰੀ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੀ ਜਿੰਦ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ ।੨।
In just the same way, the True Guru loves His Sikhs. The Lord cherishes His GurSikhs, and keeps them clasped to His Heart. ||2||

Guru Sahib is God and he holds his Sikhs close to him.   So Guru Sahib is telling his followers to call themselves Sikh.  

On 3/30/2019 at 4:40 AM, harsharan000 said:

Who are we after all? We are nothing.  He who is the owner of this His creation, is wise enough to do His job without our intromission or suggestions. He makes no mistakes, unlike we humans and try to amend them.

Then why are you telling her anything?   Let God do his job and if he wants her to change God will tell her.  Who are  you  to speak for God? You don't follow your own stupid beliefs.  But let me guess you are the chosen one.  ? everyone bow down to this chosen one.   Bring him money and brand new cars worth 100k.  You have no shame.