200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

puzzled

13 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What passes for Punjabi culture is agricultural culture.

Now if the Jatts are the best representative of that culture it's because they are the dominant agricultural culture. 

The fact the urban sophisticated Punjabi culture was probably dominated by Khatris and they have not stepped up since partition is not the Jatts fault.

The Khatris moved on to Delhi and Mumbai.

That Bollywood culture is built by the urban Hindu Punjabi Khatri from pre-partition Punjab.

You cannot blame the Jatts for that.

Well, we finally agree that what is passing for 'culture' in our society today is Jut culture then - or more accurately a modern interpretation of it, influenced by many outside global forces hence all the things you see in a modern Panjabi film, especially in terms of dress and style.  With all its negatives and positives. 

That Panjabi film industry seems quite distinct from Bollywood stuff from what little I fleetingly see of the two. 

This is not a blame game. It's trying to recognise why we are where we are, and what we might be able to do to change things that require changing. 

If we don't start getting more innovative and reflective and adaptive - I don't think most of us will like where we will end up. 

We're already following those western norms of projecting unreal, fantasy lifestyles via our media - give it a generation and we might be seeing all the psychological problems we see in the west that are a  consequence of pushing unreal lifestyles to the masses. 

How comes all reflective comment is met by hawkish defensiveness? 

No people can't sit on thrones and generally direct a society, and then fail to take responsibility for where we've reached. 

It might not be all bad, but we need to keep our eyes open and brains engaged to avoid walking into a quagmire in future. 

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well, we finally agree that what is passing for 'culture' in our society today is Jut culture then - or more accurately a modern interpretation of it, influenced by many outside global forces hence all the things you see in a modern Panjabi film, especially in terms of dress and style.  With all its negatives and positives. 

That Panjabi film industry seems quite distinct from Bollywood stuff from what little I fleetingly see of the two. 

This is not a blame game. It's trying to recognise why we are where we are, and what we might be able to do to change things that require changing. 

If we don't start getting more innovative and reflective and adaptive - I don't think most of us will like where we will end up. 

We're already following those western norms of projecting unreal, fantasy lifestyles via our media - give it a generation and we might be seeing all the psychological problems we see in the west that are a  consequence of pushing unreal lifestyles to the masses. 

How comes all reflective comment is met by hawkish defensiveness? 

No people can't sit on thrones and generally direct a society, and then fail to take responsibility for where we've reached. 

It might not be all bad, but we need to keep our eyes open and brains engaged to avoid walking into a quagmire in future. 

The problem like I said before is not Juts. 

The problem is materialism and a loss of morals.

It is not just happening in Punjab it is happening in India. 

There are seismic societal changes taking place.

You seem to be very bitter against Juts.

This is something very common among East African Tharkhans like yourself. 

Your bitterness is not because of oppression, it's because yourself want to be dominant. 

The problem with us Juts is that we are too numerous and we take our chances, nobody gave us chances, we took it.

How can you link alcohol ad lakh of morality to one caste?  Dallysingh  have you never been to a tharkhan wedding and seen the drunken state the men and women are in by the end of the reception party?  Stop being biased    

Kenyan sikhs are among the biggest drunks and liberals out there   much worse than jatts   I used to work at a hotel and have seen many Kenyan tharkhan  weddings     far from sophisticated.  Get over yourself mate.

2 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The problem like I said before is not Juts. 

The problem is materialism and a loss of morals.

It is not just happening in Punjab it is happening in India. 

There are seismic societal changes taking place.

You seem to be very bitter against Juts.

This is something very common among East African Tharkhans like yourself. 

Your bitterness is not because of oppression, it's because yourself want to be dominant. 

The problem with us Juts is that we are too numerous and we take our chances, nobody gave us chances, we took it.

I told you that I'm not from Africa and nor are my family. We aren't the starched pag brigade. lol So give that one a rest. We are proper Panjabis.

Okay, at least you're being a bit more honest now. You took your chances. Which is good. Now we have to be careful people don't wreck this thing. We've got a lot of dushmunhs out there, and we aren't getting that high level leadership like we had in the past with M. Ranjit Singh etc. Your people aren't the only ones who've invested into this thing. You ain't the only ones who've taken their chances with this thing either.

And you should figure out the difference between people resisting domination and those that want to dominate. Two very different things.