200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

puzzled

http://karsewatarntaran.com/karsewa.aspx?SewaId=7&Sewa=Completed

Look the first photo of the tree. How is that tree going to survive!!?!?!

So many Historical trees have died because they literally choked the tree roots with marble.

1 minute ago, FreshMind13 said:

http://karsewatarntaran.com/karsewa.aspx?SewaId=7&Sewa=Completed

Look the first photo of the tree. How is that tree going to survive!!?!?!

So many Historical trees have died because they literally choked the tree roots with marble.

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

palace_16.jpg

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

Look here:

http://dailysikhupdates.com/collection-rare-pictures-sri-harmandir-sahib-ji/

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

there were so many tree!    they cut them all down, i guess they cut them down when they razed all the bungas down.  

There seems to be many trees right outside the complex.

nSp1n3o.jpg

pillars from red fort and the mughal ceremonial throne carried from delhi all the way to amritsar by sardar bhagel singh when he conqured lal qila as a symbol of victory     the pillars and throne are at bunga ramgharia

Image result for ramgarhia bunga throne

sardar jassa singh ramgharias throne in his bunga

Image result for jassa singh ramgarhia throne

Image result for jassa singh ramgarhia throne bunga

thank waheguru that we still have these things! 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

palace_16.jpg

french_large.jpg

300px-Darbar_Sahib_in_1858,_from_Baba_At

On 4/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

I think the correct term for Churra is Mazhabi. You cannot even call Churra a Churra in Punjab as it seen as offensive. 

Nobody has a problem with Mazhabi, they are hard decent strong and made fine soldiers. Even us big oafish Juts would admit that. 

I know plenty about your Kenya brethren Duggu. 

And if you've got dirt, share it by all means. I'm not of the ilk to try and hide or downplay these things (unlike some people). That's exactly how nasty stuff festers and grows in my experience. Any 'brethrenship' I have isn't based on caste but character. 

Some of us don't feel compelled to get defensive over some twisted notion of casteist loyalty.  You should maybe try this - just for the experience. Might be liberating and illuminating? Seriously.