200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

puzzled

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I told you that I'm not from Africa and nor are my family. We aren't the starched pag brigade. lol So give that one a rest. We are proper Panjabis.

Okay, at least you're being a bit more honest now. You took your chances. Which is good. Now we have to be careful people don't wreck this thing. We've got a lot of dushmunhs out there, and we aren't getting that high level leadership like we had in the past with M. Ranjit Singh etc. Your people aren't the only ones who've invested into this thing. You ain't the only ones who've taken their chances with this thing either.

And you should figure out the difference between people resisting domination and those that want to dominate. Two very different things. 

We know you are from East Africa.

I think you need counselling. 

Jats took their chances, just like your Tharkhan forefathers did in Nairobi and Mombasa before lording it over the blacks. 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Looks like a whole corner of the building was demolished  

Shows how slow the authorities were before they got involved, 

The guards and the officials at places like Auschwitz offered up the same argument when confronted with their crimes after WW2: "We were following orders." Although I'm not comparing a damaged building to the taking of a life, the idea of underlings blindly following orders at the behest of a superior without thought to the results of their actions, speaks to how far these chelleh are willing to go.

Row erupts as part of historic Tarn Taran gurdwara’s ‘darshani deori’ razed

Nearly 300 armed activists of outfit, Kar Sewa, started pulling down the ‘darshani deori’ on Saturday night without SGPC nod; police stop demolition drive that continued for two hours.

CHANDIGARH Updated: Mar 31, 2019 22:37 IST
Anil Sharma
Anil Sharma 
Hindustan Times, Amritsar
gurdwara,Tarn Taran,Punjab
The historic Deori of Darbar Sahib in Tarn Taran after it was demolished on Saturday late night. (HT Photo)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A portion of the ‘darshani deori’, the main entrance leading to the sanctum sanctorum, of historic Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Tarn Taran was demolished on Saturday night by hundreds of activists of an outfit, Kar Sewa, a move that drew a flak from members of the Sikh community.

The ‘darshani deori’ of the gurdwara, founded by fifth Sikh master Guru Arjan Dev in the sixteenth century, was built during the Sikh Empire three centuries later.

Eyewitnesses said nearly 300 people armed with sharp-edged weapons, baseball bats, hammers and sticks started pulling down the structure built with Nanakshahi bricks at around 9pm allegedly at the behest of Baba Jagtar Singh, head of Kar Sewa’s Tarn Taran faction, who has been entrusted with carrying out ‘sewa’ (service) at the gurdwara.

Some local Sikhs and devotees tried to stop the activists who didn’t pay any heed to them continued with their demolition bid that continued for around two hours, they said. The gurdwara management or office-bearers of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), the apex gurdwara body, failed to turn up at the spot to stop them, it was alleged. The SGPC denied having given permission to carry out demolition.

At around 11pm, a police team led by deputy superintendent of police (DSP city) Kawaljit Singh reached the spot to get the demolition stopped.

Tarn Taran SSP Kuldeep Singh Chahal said, “Since it is an internal issue between the SGPC and the Kar Sewa, we have not registered any case so far. An FIR will be lodged if we will get a complaint from the SGPC.”

Some local Sikh activists demanded a criminal case against those who demolished the structure besides arrest of Baba Jagtar Singh and threatened to launch a protest if their demands were not met.

Earlier, on September 14, 2018, the Kar Sewa activists attempted to pull down the ‘darshani deori with the SGPC nod but local Sikhs stopped the demolition bid.

Gurdwara manager Partap Singh said, “At 10:30 pm, I came to know that the activists were demolishing the structure. I immediately called up Baba Jagtar Singh to stop this. Since the SGPC had passed a resolution allowing Jagtar Singh to reconstruct’ the ‘darshani deori’ in July 2018, I didn’t lodge a police complaint.”

SGPC secretary Roop Singh said, “The apex gurdwara body has not taken any final decision on the ‘darshan deori’ as it was pending after objections from the Sikh sangat. It is a conspiracy to defame SGPC.”

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

Just YouTube the tharkhan and arora weddings on YouTube and see how "sophisticated" they are and how high their morals are     

Yeah, and I'm old enough to know where the whole flashy drunk wedding party style started from, and how it became a norm. 

Again, it's plain denial. At least Juts in the past had the straight boll0cks to proudly say that drinking and bhangra was a truly Jut thing. When you went to wedding 35 odd years ago, the whole drink up thing was rare and associated with who you'd expect it to be. 

It's just another example of majority culture affecting the the rest. Like bhangra. That's not to excuse the others who jumped on this and made it mainstream. 

We ALL have to start thinking more about these things and their long term consequences. We struggle with that as a community. It's the same thing going on with demolishing buildings like in the OP. 

We need a lot of change in mentalities. All of us. 

Sorry for the intrusion on the thread puzzled. 

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

who the hell do those people think they are, marching into the gurdwara like that and then start demolishing our buildings 

I think that there is no sense of nostalgia or sentiment with these people. 

If they are following some baba then it is typical of this "Dera type" environment. 

Radha Soami act in the same manner.