puzzled

200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

http://karsewatarntaran.com/karsewa.aspx?SewaId=7&Sewa=Completed

Look the first photo of the tree. How is that tree going to survive!!?!?!

So many Historical trees have died because they literally choked the tree roots with marble.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 minute ago, FreshMind13 said:

http://karsewatarntaran.com/karsewa.aspx?SewaId=7&Sewa=Completed

Look the first photo of the tree. How is that tree going to survive!!?!?!

So many Historical trees have died because they literally choked the tree roots with marble.

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

palace_16.jpg

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

Look here:

http://dailysikhupdates.com/collection-rare-pictures-sri-harmandir-sahib-ji/

Edited by FreshMind13

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

there were so many tree!    they cut them all down, i guess they cut them down when they razed all the bungas down.  

There seems to be many trees right outside the complex.

nSp1n3o.jpg

bungas which were built by the misls and other sardars. every single one was razed down, only one left stand is bunga ramgharia. 

Image result for harmandir sahib bungas old photos

palace_20.jpg

pillars from red fort and the mughal ceremonial throne carried from delhi all the way to amritsar by sardar bhagel singh when he conqured lal qila as a symbol of victory     the pillars and throne are at bunga ramgharia

Image result for ramgarhia bunga throne

sardar jassa singh ramgharias throne in his bunga

Image result for jassa singh ramgarhia throne

Image result for jassa singh ramgarhia throne bunga

thank waheguru that we still have these things! 

Edited by puzzled

On 4/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

I know plenty about your Kenya brethren Duggu. 

So now, despite being explicitly told that I'm not from Kenya a number of times now, you persist. Are you deranged? lol

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

palace_16.jpg

french_large.jpg

300px-Darbar_Sahib_in_1858,_from_Baba_At

On 4/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

I think the correct term for Churra is Mazhabi. You cannot even call Churra a Churra in Punjab as it seen as offensive. 

Nobody has a problem with Mazhabi, they are hard decent strong and made fine soldiers. Even us big oafish Juts would admit that. 

I know plenty about your Kenya brethren Duggu. 

And if you've got dirt, share it by all means. I'm not of the ilk to try and hide or downplay these things (unlike some people). That's exactly how nasty stuff festers and grows in my experience. Any 'brethrenship' I have isn't based on caste but character. 

Some of us don't feel compelled to get defensive over some twisted notion of casteist loyalty.  You should maybe try this - just for the experience. Might be liberating and illuminating? Seriously. 

7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

And if you've got dirt, share it by all means. I'm not of the ilk to try and hide or downplay these things (unlike some people). That's exactly how nasty stuff festers and grows in my experience. Any 'brethrenship' I have isn't based on caste but character. 

Some of us don't feel compelled to get defensive over some twisted notion of casteist loyalty.  You should maybe try this - just for the experience. Might be liberating and illuminating? Seriously. 

You are the only person that mentions caste on this forum.

I do not wish to spoil Puzzled's thread here.

Give it a rest!!

6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You are the only person that mentions caste on this forum.

I do not wish to spoil Puzzled's thread here.

Give it a rest!!

I'm going to give it a rest. But let's not get to a place where this becomes yet another issue we ignore that comes back to bite us in the chittor big time later on. It's an important issue that we need to get our heads around and we all have to get less defensive about it. We can all see how burying our heads to the grooming issue for so long has created a massive problem, let's not do that gain - ever. A lot is potentially at stake. 

Sorry Puzzled.

Don't get me wrong... If this sort o thing happened to Darbar Sahib or Hazoor Sahib then yes, I'd b infuriated too! However, 2 things. 1. These 2 will never ever be demolished. 2. Everything not constructed by Guru Sahibs themselves will be demolished.

It's natural to construct and demolish - eh t chaldey rehnda.

46 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Don't get me wrong... If this sort o thing happened to Darbar Sahib or Hazoor Sahib then yes, I'd b infuriated too! However, 2 things. 1. These 2 will never ever be demolished. 2. Everything not constructed by Guru Sahibs themselves will be demolished.

Dude, I don't know how true it is (but it seems so), and even if the sources are controversial in other respects (i.e. Niddar and Paramjit) according to their book on Hazur Sahib this is exactly what has happened recently at Hazur Sahib. 

2 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

I posted a photo earlier of some guy destroying the Original Sri Akal Takht Sahib that was built by Guru Sahib, people do this type of stuff.