Jump to content
puzzled

200 year old sikh build being demolished tonight!!

Recommended Posts

http://karsewatarntaran.com/karsewa.aspx?SewaId=7&Sewa=Completed

Look the first photo of the tree. How is that tree going to survive!!?!?!

So many Historical trees have died because they literally choked the tree roots with marble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 minute ago, FreshMind13 said:

http://karsewatarntaran.com/karsewa.aspx?SewaId=7&Sewa=Completed

Look the first photo of the tree. How is that tree going to survive!!?!?!

So many Historical trees have died because they literally choked the tree roots with marble.

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

palace_16.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

Look here:

http://dailysikhupdates.com/collection-rare-pictures-sri-harmandir-sahib-ji/

Edited by FreshMind13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

there were so many tree!    they cut them all down, i guess they cut them down when they razed all the bungas down.  

There seems to be many trees right outside the complex.

nSp1n3o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bungas which were built by the misls and other sardars. every single one was razed down, only one left stand is bunga ramgharia. 

Image result for harmandir sahib bungas old photos

palace_20.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pillars from red fort and the mughal ceremonial throne carried from delhi all the way to amritsar by sardar bhagel singh when he conqured lal qila as a symbol of victory     the pillars and throne are at bunga ramgharia

Image result for ramgarhia bunga throne

 

sardar jassa singh ramgharias throne in his bunga

Image result for jassa singh ramgarhia throne

Image result for jassa singh ramgarhia throne bunga

thank waheguru that we still have these things! 

Edited by puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

 

I know plenty about your Kenya brethren Duggu. 

So now, despite being explicitly told that I'm not from Kenya a number of times now, you persist. Are you deranged? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

i dont understand this obsession with marble!  i think its a recent thing because old gurdwareh were simple brick structures.  Thats why the beris at harmandir sahib started dying because they choked them with marble. During maharja ranjit singhs time the parkarma of harmandir sahib was actually bricks, only the parkarma outside akal takt was marble the rest was all bricks. 

 

here look you can see only one side of the parkarma is white, which is the marble.  rest was all bricks, notice how many trees there were 

palace_16.jpg

french_large.jpg

300px-Darbar_Sahib_in_1858,_from_Baba_At

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

I think the correct term for Churra is Mazhabi. You cannot even call Churra a Churra in Punjab as it seen as offensive. 

Nobody has a problem with Mazhabi, they are hard decent strong and made fine soldiers. Even us big oafish Juts would admit that. 

I know plenty about your Kenya brethren Duggu. 

And if you've got dirt, share it by all means. I'm not of the ilk to try and hide or downplay these things (unlike some people). That's exactly how nasty stuff festers and grows in my experience. Any 'brethrenship' I have isn't based on caste but character. 

Some of us don't feel compelled to get defensive over some twisted notion of casteist loyalty.  You should maybe try this - just for the experience. Might be liberating and illuminating? Seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

And if you've got dirt, share it by all means. I'm not of the ilk to try and hide or downplay these things (unlike some people). That's exactly how nasty stuff festers and grows in my experience. Any 'brethrenship' I have isn't based on caste but character. 

Some of us don't feel compelled to get defensive over some twisted notion of casteist loyalty.  You should maybe try this - just for the experience. Might be liberating and illuminating? Seriously. 

You are the only person that mentions caste on this forum.

I do not wish to spoil Puzzled's thread here.

Give it a rest!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You are the only person that mentions caste on this forum.

I do not wish to spoil Puzzled's thread here.

Give it a rest!!

I'm going to give it a rest. But let's not get to a place where this becomes yet another issue we ignore that comes back to bite us in the chittor big time later on. It's an important issue that we need to get our heads around and we all have to get less defensive about it. We can all see how burying our heads to the grooming issue for so long has created a massive problem, let's not do that gain - ever. A lot is potentially at stake. 

Sorry Puzzled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong... If this sort o thing happened to Darbar Sahib or Hazoor Sahib then yes, I'd b infuriated too! However, 2 things. 1. These 2 will never ever be demolished. 2. Everything not constructed by Guru Sahibs themselves will be demolished.

It's natural to construct and demolish - eh t chaldey rehnda.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Don't get me wrong... If this sort o thing happened to Darbar Sahib or Hazoor Sahib then yes, I'd b infuriated too! However, 2 things. 1. These 2 will never ever be demolished. 2. Everything not constructed by Guru Sahibs themselves will be demolished.

It's natural to construct and demolish - eh t chaldey rehnda.

 

Dude, I don't know how true it is (but it seems so), and even if the sources are controversial in other respects (i.e. Niddar and Paramjit) according to their book on Hazur Sahib this is exactly what has happened recently at Hazur Sahib. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Don't get me wrong... If this sort o thing happened to Darbar Sahib or Hazoor Sahib then yes, I'd b infuriated too! However, 2 things. 1. These 2 will never ever be demolished. 2. Everything not constructed by Guru Sahibs themselves will be demolished.

It's natural to construct and demolish - eh t chaldey rehnda.

 

I posted a photo earlier of some guy destroying the Original Sri Akal Takht Sahib that was built by Guru Sahib, people do this type of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I too am going to keep my beard out of defiance. I am tired of the world and how they smile to your face in public but behind your back mercilessly trash you and others. Im tired of playing the world's game but I'm too weak to play Guru's game, maybe keeping my kesh will give me the strength.
    • Should we care about this world and its future? Ex: it is perishable Is Hukam all encompassing? Is it Hukam to do bad things? thanks
    • how do we know how far it has changed from what Allah revealed , UTHman destroyed all written copies and the warriors who had memorised had been killed or died by that time ? Then qureshi  changed it to make themselves as higher than regular folks as only able to become imams/sheikhs . We know that the Jewish faith was compromised by behaviours of David, Solomon and the priestly caste , including pagan faith ideas , The temple was destroyed because they started going away from serving Elohim  and doing idol worship. , Jesus heard the word but his followers changed it to established the Roman church to transform the empires appearence .They also introduced a priest class and harsh rules against women , when Jesus had female parchariks . Lakshman was also a paapi because he disfigures Ravan's sister by cutting off her nose , so much for not looking at a female's face. He also criticises Ram for accepting the jhoota ber from the poor woman . The treatment of women in mahabharat is disgusting  , Khrishna was watching women's bathing , stealing their clothes for what reason? kaam of course . where the haumai is fed in a priest class the faith will become deformed by their greed , mediaval churches taught eternal hellfire to scare money out of the poor and rich alike . Sikhi was written directly over 230years and nurtured by Guru Sahiban themselves , no milavat , no priests only gursikhs doing sewa, that also open to Females .
    • teji bachan , Amitabh's mum was his plaything also , he was the result that's why Nehru got her married to a poet Mr  Bachan to hide the truth . That is why Mama Amitabh got so riled up when she died
    • Which tagore  rabinder nath?  Yh I read about her sleeping with white men as well     she really took after her father , nehru was sleeping with mountbattens wife   
×

Important Information

Terms of Use